Diary Complete New Auto Grow (first attempt from seed to harvest)

Tee_Aitch_See

20200710_163239.thumb.jpg.82bebc78a82f71072887a4e79efbc919.jpgFinally confident in my setup to post an update here. 

After advice from @Prom, I reached out to Growopz. Unfortunately, there was only a 75watt QB available at the time but I thought it was worth a try. Just doing a run of 3 autos then I'll most likely add a second QB to the setup. 

Setup: 

• 80cmx80cmx160cm grow tent (purchased from takealot) 
  • 75watt QB
  • oscillating desk fan
  • 6" 20watt bathroom extractor (bright star lighting)
  • Thermometer and Hygrometer 

Seeds (biltongandbudz): 

• Sour Diesel (Bulk Seed Bank)
  • Gelato Samba (Bulk Seed Bank)
  • Cocopopo (Bulk Seed Bank)

Nutes: 

• Biobiz - Biogrow
  • Biobizz - Biobloom
  • Molasses 
Edited by Tee_Aitch_See
  • Like 5

I generally leave my seed in luke warm water until it sinks (usually takes a day or two) 

Then I place between 2 damp cotton pads (with a touch of root hormone) and place that into a ziplock bag. I then place the bag into a dark cupboard for a day or two. Usually by the second day I'll have enough tap root grown for me to plant. 

So I took roughly 3 to 4 days to germ these seeds. 

Sour Diesel Auto got planted 13/06/2020 - But for the first two weeks, it grew under my old blurple so didn't get much growth until I swapped it out for the QB. 

Both Gelato Samba and Copopopo Autos were planted on 4-06-2020

Ignore the Temp reading. The thermometer is an absolute fail. 

20200713_075740.jpg

• Like 1

20200710_163239.thumb.jpg.82bebc78a82f71072887a4e79efbc919.jpgFinally confident in my setup to post an update here. 
After advice from @Prom, I reached out to Growopz. Unfortunately, there was only a 75watt QB available at the time but I thought it was worth a try. Just doing a run of 3 autos then I'll most likely add a second QB to the setup. 
Setup: 
  • 80cmx80cmx160cm grow tent (purchased from takealot) 
  • 75watt QB
  • oscillating desk fan
  • 6" 20watt bathroom extractor (bright star lighting)
  • Thermometer and Hygrometer 
Seeds (biltongandbudz): 
  • Sour Diesel (Bulk Seed Bank)
  • Gelato Samba (Bulk Seed Bank)
  • Cocopopo (Bulk Seed Bank)
Nutes: 
  • Biobiz - Biogrow
  • Biobizz - Biobloom
  • Molasses 
Welcome, you good to go with that setup and keep us posted on the grow, what medium are you using?

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, Tee_Aitch_See said:

I generally leave my seed in luke warm water until it sinks (usually takes a day or two) 

Then I place between 2 damp cotton pads (with a touch of root hormone) and place that into a ziplock bag. I then place the bag into a dark cupboard for a day or two. Usually by the second day I'll have enough tap root grown for me to plant. 

So I took roughly 3 to 4 days to germ these seeds. 

Sour Diesel Auto got planted 13/06/2020 - But for the first two weeks, it grew under my old blurple so didn't get much growth until I swapped it out for the QB. 

Both Gelato Samba and Copopopo Autos were planted on 4-06-2020

Ignore the Temp reading. The thermometer is an absolute fail. 

20200713_075740.jpg

Thanks bro.

Having some issues with my 1 seed i germinated.

Gona give it another day or so. Then maybe germ another 1 or 2 seeds.

Going slow. Coz i only bought 5 seeds to start with and dont wana mess it up.

But getting abit impatient now. 

🙄

3 hours ago, afternoon blazer said:

Thanks bro.

Having some issues with my 1 seed i germinated.

Gona give it another day or so. Then maybe germ another 1 or 2 seeds.

Going slow. Coz i only bought 5 seeds to start with and dont wana mess it up.

But getting abit impatient now. 

🙄

I've only had success germinating this way. Try a bit of root hormone if you're using paper towel method. I find my taproot starts a day earlier than it generally would. 

But some beans are just more stubborn than others. 

I've found that, in this grow game...patience is key. 

• Thanks 1

Just a little update on the Autoflower grow

Day 35 for the Sour Diesel Auto - Most recent feed was 16/07/2020. Biobizz bloom and molasses. 

Day 14 for the Gelato Samba Auto and Cocopopo Auto. - Received tap water on the same day. First feed will be in a week. Just planning to give them some seagrow for their first feed. 

Next feed is scheduled for 20/07/2020 

20200718_095726.jpg

• Like 2

If plants could read, those schedules would make more sense 😁. Run the sheet so you know what week you are in for feeding. Rest, lift them morning and evening and if they are super light, feed them with the dosage set for this week. Wet the pot top to bottom, then back to the daily lifting game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Brother, 

If I may, and didn't see a comment on this yet, but your temperature meter, the hygrometer thing is not reading wrong, but probably reading the temp in Farenheit not Celsius. 

The perlite top layer will help stop it drying out that bad and help with over watering, plus try the 100ml to a 1L watering. Just dont miss a day when the girls are thirsty 🙈

Edited by StickyD420
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, StickyD420 said:

That thing is a bit wonky. I have it set in degrees Celsius but it still gives me these crazy readings. One minute I've got 99% humidity, the next it drops to 10% then jumps back up to 90% and the temperature does the same. 

I'm going to give this method of feeding/watering a try and will defs lower the concentration of nutes to water

• Like 1

Howzit bro. @Tee_Aitch_See

Things are looking good.

I have been using @StickyD420 reccomendation here for past 3 days. Seems to be going ok.

Could u please point me in the direction of the gelato samba in the pics.

More specifically interested in this 1. Coz i have 1 more auto seed(to grow).

And its the exact same 1 from the same place. So will be following that grow closely. So i can follow through.

• Like 1

@afternoon blazer Hey bro, 

Here are some pics of her. 

I have a fourth photo active plant in the tent as well but I'll be removing her. Way too much for my 75watt light. I was only going to do 2 autos but the second seed wasn't germinating then I did another (a third) and 2 days later, both seeds had a little tap root poking out so I planted them both and added that with the Sour Diesel Auto that started about 3 weeks before the others. 

The Gelato Samba is the younger one on the right. Cocopopo to the left 

20200721_114920.jpg

20200721_114925.jpg

20200721_114928.jpg

• Like 1

On 7/21/2020 at 12:02 PM, Tee_Aitch_See said:

@afternoon blazer Hey bro, 

Here are some pics of her. 

I have a fourth photo active plant in the tent as well but I'll be removing her. Way too much for my 75watt light. I was only going to do 2 autos but the second seed wasn't germinating then I did another (a third) and 2 days later, both seeds had a little tap root poking out so I planted them both and added that with the Sour Diesel Auto that started about 3 weeks before the others. 

The Gelato Samba is the younger one on the right. Cocopopo to the left 

20200721_114920.jpg

20200721_114925.jpg

20200721_114928.jpg

Recommendation for soil when growing autoflowers in future. Use more fluffy soil less dense (airy) and nutrient dense. They dont need allot to become big plants. My suggestion os to either use freedom farms soil. Or

1/4 coco

1/4 perlite

1/4 wormcastings

1/4 enormous buds soil

Anyway use it dont use it. Just a suggestion. I was always put off by auto flowers because I did not understand that less is more. Also the bigger your pots the bigger your plants.

Edited by SkunkPharm
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, SkunkPharm said:

Recommendation for soil when growing autoflowers in future. Use more fluffy soil less dense (airy) and nutrient dense. They dont need allot to become big plants. My suggestion os to either use freedom farms soil. Or

1/4 coco

1/4 perlite

1/4 wormcastings

1/4 enormous buds soil

Anyway use it dont use it. Just a suggestion. I was always put off by auto flowers because I did not understand that less is more. Also the bigger your pots the bigger your plants.

Thanks for this bro. 

I'll give it a try with my next run. I haven't gotten much height but they are growing quite bushy and so far I'm happy

6 hours ago, afternoon blazer said:

Knock knock

Hey bro, 

Sorry, I've been away and things have been a bit hectic on my side. Here are some pics taken today...

Second pic is the Gelato Samba Auto. I gave her, her first feed of seagrow on Sunday and started her training and she had some nice growth in the last 2 days 

20200728_145047.jpg

20200728_144827.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tee_Aitch_See said:

Hey bro, 

Sorry, I've been away and things have been a bit hectic on my side. Here are some pics taken today...

Second pic is the Gelato Samba Auto. I gave her, her first feed of seagrow on Sunday and started her training and she had some nice growth in the last 2 days 

20200728_145047.jpg

20200728_144827.jpg

Plants are looking great bro. 

Im in the freedom farms premium soil at the moment. Looking good

Im probably gona only grow autos for the next few grows.

20200728_094236.jpg

• Like 1