Hi there

Fridge

Hi fellow growers,

I started growing cannabis around 10 years ago. Back then I still lived at a place where outdoor growing wasn't an option due to the short summer, so I started off with indoor soil grows.

However I moved to SA about 8 years ago and started growing outdoors as nothing beats the South African sun (yes it's possible to grow awesome weed outdoors 😉 ). So far I tried to keep it as organic as possible growing in soil and using Biobizz. I grow Autoflowering and photoperiod strains.

For the next outdoor season I plan to create my own super soil. I have read up on this topic a lot but I hope I'll find some good information on here too. I just got my own worm farm and started a compost heap.

Looking forward to be part of this community.

Fridgedoor

• Like 3

Thanks guys,

good to know I am in good company.

At the moment I am preparing for next outdoor season and enjoy my cured harvest 😄 ...and with all the Covid stuff going on I have more than enough time on my hands to do some online research. My aim is to get the best quality out of the genetics I got. Quantity is not important for me.

Last season I started with some photoperiod plants and some Autos in the end of September. That way i could harvest twice. The Autos came down around christmas and the photoperiod seeds where harvested in the end of March/ beginning of April. Below you'll find some pictures of my last grow.

Dinafem - Purple Afghan Kush

20200308_093840.thumb.jpg.0da2411bbec904e0b20db25af978d813.jpg

Ethos - Inzane in the membrane

20200307_074717-1.thumb.jpg.34e0b8b182b2af4f258da296a77b0948.jpg

20200314_085034.thumb.jpg.4b6d815402deacb18f06436434255a5f.jpg

Dutch Passion - Auto Brooklyn Sunrise

20200112_151802.thumb.jpg.4c07e72f7dd6e698934b14cf7b54993f.jpg

Dutch Passion - Auto White Widdow

20191210_073847-1-1.thumb.jpg.97355f43af5fe78ba20d9a47812d8e1a.jpg

I can really recommend all plants above. The Inzane is one of my new favorite Sativas with a trichome production out of this world. In the one picture you can see that I mainlined the plant. I do that to all my photoperiod plants as all budsites get a similar amount of light and also it's not so vulnerable to the wind we get here in the Western cape.

I look forward to start my grow diary here as soon as spring is here.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Apoche Alypse said:

Great stuff, your plants look amazing and welcome. Friend of mine is interested in getting those Brooklyn sunrise autos, have you grown them before? 

Thanks man, I have grown six of them recently. 5 of them grew quite uniform and one looked totally different. It's an awesome daytime smoke as promised by dutch passion. However if you smoke enough she will make you sleep like a baby :). 

• Like 1

@Stinger96 Thanks for pointing me to the right direction. I think I already saw that threat, but only briefly. There are so many questions I have as I try to create as many ingredients as possible by myself. I am thinking of creating a new threat in the organic section soon.

There is some awesome information on this forum..  Read read and read some more. Ask the more experienced guys as much as you like.. The thing is... stick to the basics and do not over ingeneer your soil mix.. Otherwise you might as well buy the end product from Just Cannabis or Freedom Farms for example.. Enjoy the journey and stay safe.. 

:-peace

joda1.jpg.f23196ccf944e497b73a2c74d8475fd1.jpg

joda.jpg.4000d84997bc312094ce8b16724da366.jpg

• Like 2

@Stinger96 yes, I agree. One only needs to add one wrong ingredient and the whole grow might fail or yield and quality suffer.

I've used freedom farms and biobizz for 3 - 4 years now so I feel it's time to take my growing skills to the next level. Also freedom farms can get a bit costly if you like to grow many variaties.

For me there are so many upsides to using super soil. It's not just growing in a way as sustainable as possible, I also like the idea not having to pay for fertilizer (accept for the additives for the soil of course). In the end the only thing I need to pay for are the genetics.

Lastly I imagine it to be a very rewarding experience, creating the soil, growing the plants and give the harvest a good cure.

And yes I'll ask a lot of questions 😉... Jamies garden shop is also just around the corner and looking at what he has to offer I am sure he'll also be able to provide me with some valuable information. I haven't had the chance to visit his shop.

Ok I got to stop rambling on otherwise I'll write a book lol 😁

• Like 2