1000HILLS Nursery 2020 Project 1

1000Hills Nursery

Update time...

Gals are done doing their thing... bracts have dried and seeds literally falling out.

Time for the chop. 

IMG_20200328_100904.thumb.jpg.665b3742152ea7b240e75e5574ce4adb.jpg

Slow outdoor dry.

IMG_20200401_105417.thumb.jpg.c0766582df5d31e8c8b50095d601ce74.jpg

All in all I'm pretty pleased with the end results. I have some of the progeny in veg currently, will flip them in a few weeks and see what that Watermelon has passed down...:-peace 

Edited by Mambawana
  • Like 4

1000Hills Nursery

Project 2/2020

Pineapple Skunk x Safety Meeting

1 of the best plants  from my current indoor run is  a Pineapple skunk. So while I have a small window between reset and initiation I decided to carryout a quick breeding project. 

Here I have a small clone of the chosen pineapple skunk pheno and my watermelon male. I'm going smaller this time as I've found that one single cola produces 100s of seeds.

IMG_20200401_105737.thumb.jpg.6a1ed7f8f1757f68949b449c0d712720.jpg

These plants were vegged indoors under 24 hours light and then moved outdoors. Both have started flowering with the male leading the way.  I have them seperated and will bring them together to do their thing just before the indoor gals start flowering. I'm excited to see how my boy packs on those clusters over the next few weeks as he was culled early in the last project and will get an extra few more weeks this time round.

• Like 2

1000Hills Nursery
Project 2/2020
Pineapple Skunk x Safety Meeting
1 of the best plants  from my current indoor run is  a Pineapple skunk. So while I have a small window between reset and initiation I decided to carryout a quick breeding project. 
Here I have a small clone of the chosen pineapple skunk pheno and my watermelon male. I'm going smaller this time as I've found that one single cola produces 100s of seeds.
IMG_20200401_105737.thumb.jpg.6a1ed7f8f1757f68949b449c0d712720.jpg

These plants were vegged indoors under 24 hours light and then moved outdoors. Both have started flowering with the male leading the way.  I have them seperated and will bring them together to do their thing just before the indoor gals start flowering. I'm excited to see how my boy packs on those clusters over the next few weeks as he was culled early in the last project and will get an extra few more weeks this time round.

Looking good@Mambawana

Smaller plants/clones for breeding simplify a lot of stuff and they produce enough beans. Just let them mature properly-but you got that covered.
Have you got a closed off area to contain pollen?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bospatrollie2 said:

Looking good@Mambawana

Smaller plants/clones for breeding simplify a lot of stuff and they produce enough beans. Just let them mature properly-but you got that covered.
Have you got a closed off area to contain pollen?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Sup Bos:rastabanana

Unfortunately I don't have a place to contain the breeding anymore, it's been used as an additional veg space for copies.

I'm currently in the middle of harvest and should have everything chopped in about a week. Then it's clean up, sanitize and reset. Add another week to that before the plants flip. That would give me sufficient time to carry out the pollination and get rid of the male without compromising my sensi. 

• Like 1

On 3/13/2020 at 8:03 PM, Mambawana said:

I remember those days. My wife use to fight with me for stealing all the freezer space with my frozen 2ltr bottles.

I once considered buying a 2nd hand electric water dispenser like what most offices have... stripping it to see what makes it tick and incorporate it in the system as a cheaper fit option.

Looking forward to seeing your rdwc build. I'm pretty sure you will be fine in winter. Judging by how you grow now it's clear we in for a treat💪

Try plumbing and circulating water into tank in bar fridge:-peace

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yo @1000Hills Nursery looking fire man, setting the bar nice and high for next season bro 🦄

You are going to rock the SA grow scene dude 

On 5/22/2020 at 1:28 AM, 1000Hills Nursery said:

Harvested some beautiful mature tiger stripe seeds of her already so that they can get a few weeks rest time and be part of the next hunt. 

IMG_20200520_214808_984.thumb.jpg.55d27a8581038fbec260edeca8c30640.jpg

This PineappleSkunk has very nice budstructure man, nice colour as well, I assume she is tasty and a good high, what is in the nose on this? Looks Terpy 🍍

On 5/22/2020 at 1:35 AM, 1000Hills Nursery said:

Hunt room

Savage Hulk - Darkhorse Genetics 

Gama Berry - Darkhorse Genetics

91 Krypt - DNA Genetics 

Pineapple Skunk - HSO

Amnesia x Safety Meeting - in house 

Wedding Cake x Safety Meeting - in house 

IMG_20200520_213609_335.thumb.jpg.629de42c6ef833e7abea479a47a794e0.jpg

Epicness 

On 5/22/2020 at 1:48 AM, 1000Hills Nursery said:

Boyz moved to the Great outdoors. Time to choose who stays... 

IMG_20200520_214109_236.thumb.jpg.09e7fd99cd93342797bfccf2dbc188dc.jpg

Awe now we talking! That's a decent number of males to choose from.

Have u got a solid idea what kind of Male you are going for, or perhaps a few males? 

Super stoked man, the males look legit, some beefy okes in there and some proper phat leaf bras as well, dig it my bruu.

Blessings and buds for u and the KZN crew that side!

Edited by Dank
  • Like 3

@Dank

Firstly I just have to say, dude you are an inspiration. Your attitude towards all growers big and small is all the same. You always liking people's posts. Hope you reap the rewards for all the kindness you put out there... 

That specific pheno of Pineapple skunk tastes like Liqui Fruit Litchi flava. She's loud in flower and stinks up the place. She's got a decent high and top bag appeal. Unfortunately she's a bad yielder  indoors due to her wide leaves, bad penetration . The electric watermelon male used on her has thin leaves and all his sisters are good yielders. This cross is totally random with no real direction except for making some beans with 2 very fruity parents. The other phenos of pineapple skunk were also decent so I ended popping another pack of it. I found a male this time but I don't think I will be keeping him.

I've got rooted copies of all of them but only have my eye on 3 of the boyz for now and eventually just keep one for the winter breeding. Hopefully it's the strawberry diesel dominant male just not sure atm which one that's probably gonna be. The wide leave or hybrid leaves 🤔. Have to see what the gals in flower show. Either way we just gonna wing it. 

If you want a male from any of these strains to hit something there Dank style let me know I haven't culled the clones as yet. The Krypt male (chemdawg) has good structure and lineage. If I had the space I would love to make  Krypt f2s to add to the seed collection for a future hunt. You know someting ol skool. Besides you the only person I know who knows real ol skool that's willing to share the knowledge. 

If we allowed to travel between provinces level 3 I'm hitting a drive to you with my dome and some clonex to come get that cut I need from you. We do it for the passion and it will be well worth the drive to me. 

Looking forward to meeting up with my brother who's there south of the berg @420sake now with the level 3 coming. He has been having all the fun by himself there on Trinity farm. Tons of flavas coming down. Can't wait to go skydiving out there😂... 

• Like 3

Sjo thanks for the kind words bro, always trying to learn more and enjoying the craft, hopelessly addicted to MaryJane since I was a youngster. The rewards of harvesting and blazing the kindest bud is what its all about, really lekker to be a part of the 420SA forum, peeps with a badditude in this game just need some better weed thats all  :-greenthumb

10 hours ago, 1000Hills Nursery said:

That specific pheno of Pineapple skunk tastes like Liqui Fruit Litchi flava. She's loud in flower and stinks up the place. She's got a decent high and top bag appeal. Unfortunately she's a bad yielder  indoors due to her wide leaves, bad penetration . The electric watermelon male used on her has thin leaves and all his sisters are good yielders. This cross is totally random with no real direction except for making some beans with 2 very fruity parents. The other phenos of pineapple skunk were also decent so I ended popping another pack of it. I found a male this time but I don't think I will be keeping him.

Litchi flavor sounds lekker man, never smoked anything like that before, and with those nuggs are worthy of a sifting at some point in time! Those big ol fat leaves grow well in certain conditions, and shows that serious indica heritage, with this hybrid it should be easy to see the kids leaning more to the Electric Watermelon side and those that keep their fat leaves should lean more to the mom.

My guess is that she doesn't appreciate much defoliation during flowering, sometimes the case with the heavy indicas. 

I've got rooted copies of all of them but only have my eye on 3 of the boyz for now and eventually just keep one for the winter breeding. Hopefully it's the strawberry diesel dominant male just not sure atm which one that's probably gonna be. The wide leave or hybrid leaves 🤔. Have to see what the gals in flower show. Either way we just gonna wing it. 

If you want a male from any of these strains to hit something there Dank style let me know I haven't culled the clones as yet. The Krypt male (chemdawg) has good structure and lineage. If I had the space I would love to make  Krypt f2s to add to the seed collection for a future hunt. You know someting ol skool. Besides you the only person I know who knows real ol skool that's willing to share the knowledge. 

Its good that you got your favs backed up man, the only way to know most of the time is to grow out the prodigy from the males, assuming one male gets used at a time, or controlled breeding with all three males, when the traits you like carry over, then you can select whichever male to use again.

With the elite breeding stock it might be that all the males do their jobs and pass on quality traits, from my experience, the fruitier smelling males do pass on fruity flavors quite well. Some breeders prefer the male doesn't pass on many traits, then select for a more neutral smelling plant, I have never tested this though. 

The gas flavors I have less experience with, but have heard that you want a almost gerkin smelling male plant, not sure what the Krypt is smelling like, but would definitely consider making a batch of f2's (krypt x krypt ? ibl) if possible, would love to get a male donor out there for my WeddingCake cut as well as my BlueberryKush. 

If you are keen we could try to preserve the krypt as a IBL, backcrossing to moms that are found worthy along the way.

If we allowed to travel between provinces level 3 I'm hitting a drive to you with my dome and some clonex to come get that cut I need from you. We do it for the passion and it will be well worth the drive to me. 

When travel is allowed again you are most welcome bro, also would run any males from your batch to see what we get, but at the same time, just keep alive what you can, the Krypt and the BruceBanners are legendary, but looking at your lineup, it all looks flippen Dank bro!

I will have to take some cuttings from her at some point, so might have some rooted gals here for you when you arrive, maybe it will be for summer holidays! :-rolled

Sharing cuttings is nice way to set our own "forum" standard, and in time many of the local growers will prefer to get seeds or clone stock from the local breeders.

If you dont mind me asking, which strains are the males you kept out so far?

Edited by Dank
corrected some mistakes
  • Like 3

@Dank

I'm also really grateful for this local online platform. A decade and some change of growing in silence and having no1 to share the experience besides your closest people. And then suddenly you get to chat with equally passionate people that are not tired of hearing what's happening in the garden.:-puffpass

You spot on with the pineapple skunk not liking being defoliated. Gave her a very selective defoliation this time. Her terps are also a new experience to me. It's nothing to scream about but fills a gap while we search for the new flavas. My favorite pheno of the watermelon gals shares the same structure and leave type as the male watermelon I used so maybe... Just maybe I might find something good enough to be a keeper amongst the kids. 

The stuff in the hunt room I ended up taking clones twice because I found one cutting in the dome had damped off after a week so I played it safe. Now everything besides that one has rooted. So I'm thinking maybe I do a quick F2 project with the Gama Berry. Which might theoretically be F3 seeing as it's BB#5 x strawberry diesel. All research points me to believe that BBs mom is the OG Kush and the dad strawberry diesel. If I'm mistaken please correct me guys. I know guys have already grown BB. So I have a 1m x 1m tent setup that I'm thinking of throwing all 6 Gama Berry clones in (3 males, 3 females) and open pollinate. Maybe eventually only keep the seeds from the female that turns out the best in the sensi room.

It is so weird you mention gas plants and gherkins cos now I'm smelling gherkins on the only female Chem plant I have. I like your thinking with this Chem strain. I only have 3 of them thou... 2 males and 1 female. Is that enough to open up its population? For now I still have all the males. Was gonna keep 1 of each but I don't know cos they not really troubling me in their clone form.

Maybe wait for a donor from the next hunt...😁Primal punch or maybe a 96 NYC diesel 😉... Just have to wait for the post office to come thru. This is like practice for that. Or if you want any of these strains I'll send it to you and you can return the packaging with you know what😉. Unrooted is perfect for me. 

Yeah man oneday we too will have lotsa fire floating around SA.

Peace growmie 💚💚💚

• Like 4

On 5/28/2020 at 2:34 AM, 1000Hills Nursery said:

I'm also really grateful for this local online platform. A decade and some change of growing in silence and having no1 to share the experience besides your closest people. And then suddenly you get to chat with equally passionate people that are not tired of hearing what's happening in the garden.:-puffpass

You spot on with the pineapple skunk not liking being defoliated. Gave her a very selective defoliation this time. Her terps are also a new experience to me. It's nothing to scream about but fills a gap while we search for the new flavas. My favorite pheno of the watermelon gals shares the same structure and leave type as the male watermelon I used so maybe... Just maybe I might find something good enough to be a keeper amongst the kids. 

I noticed with very phat leaved varieties that defoliation during vegitative mode works well, providing there is enough time to recover before the flip.

Sometimes I tend to grow for the aesthetics, nothing quite like looking at those FAT leaves holding a baseball sized nugs :-rolled

The electric watermelon sounds lekker man, and HSO doesn't really breed with crappy genetics. I think you will find some stellar plants, depending what h are looking for.

The f1 polyhybrids have been responsible for a lot of the new flavors in the States, sifting through some random crosses will reveal some dankness I'm sure!

On 5/28/2020 at 2:34 AM, 1000Hills Nursery said:

The stuff in the hunt room I ended up taking clones twice because I found one cutting in the dome had damped off after a week so I played it safe. Now everything besides that one has rooted. So I'm thinking maybe I do a quick F2 project with the Gama Berry. Which might theoretically be F3 seeing as it's BB#5 x strawberry diesel. All research points me to believe that BBs mom is the OG Kush and the dad strawberry diesel. If I'm mistaken please correct me guys. I know guys have already grown BB. So I have a 1m x 1m tent setup that I'm thinking of throwing all 6 Gama Berry clones in (3 males, 3 females) and open pollinate. Maybe eventually only keep the seeds from the female that turns out the best in the sensi room.

It is so weird you mention gas plants and gherkins cos now I'm smelling gherkins on the only female Chem plant I have. I like your thinking with this Chem strain. I only have 3 of them thou... 2 males and 1 female. Is that enough to open up its population? For now I still have all the males. Was gonna keep 1 of each but I don't know cos they not really troubling me in their clone form.

Maybe wait for a donor from the next hunt...😁Primal punch or maybe a 96 NYC diesel 😉... Just have to wait for the post office to come thru. This is like practice for that. Or if you want any of these strains I'll send it to you and you can return the packaging with you know what😉. Unrooted is perfect for me. 

Yeah man oneday we too will have lotsa fire floating around SA.

Peace growmie 💚💚💚

Sounds cool man, making f2's of the GammaBerry will allow you to do a decent shift through Darkhorses parent stock as well as grandparents used in that line. 

Exciting stuff, Darkhorse doesn't really play around with any crappy genetics either. Correct me if I have the breeders mixed up on that.

If the beans you bought from DH is f2, then the IBL will be the f3 line from his original f2's. 

You can look at it as your f1 ibl cross on his f2 stock, as you will select males differently to DarkHorse, would technically not be the same as his f3 selection. Your f1 ibl generation will be a parallel line to his f3's, assuming the beans u recieved are f2 ibl.

Sound lekker with the krypt, if u keep them all backed up u have quite a lot of options, assuming the mom is going to be a keeper.

I would put (in time) the 2 males to pollinate the female, that cross is to increase variety in the genepool. That would be the genepool backup.

Then do 1 male to the female at a time, or at the same time if u can keep them separate. This is to get an copy of each of the males on the female, should have less variety, but a bit more stable.

Then u have a Krypt breeding project for the next couple of years. I would then shift through those three lines to get a  idea of the cross and potentials of the males.

I would also gooi the males on strains I already know well, to see what they add on the f1 cross.

Holding thumbs for your package from the post office man! Some nice strains you order bro :-greenthumb

Edited by Dank
  • Like 1