Dank's Recovery Clinic

Dank

Sup 420SA family! 

Decided to create a diary for all my rescue cases, I don't always grow in optimum ways, sometimes I challenge my plants, bad luck strikes, and a lot of the time I just do something stupid. Plants in need of rescue get donated to me from time to time, this will also be their diary.

Follow along as I try to nurse em back to health, preserve some genetics and learn how to fix my mistakes.

Feel free to give me advice, share your knowledge and experiences.  :-greenthumb

Edited by Dank
  • Like 2

This Hawaiian Snow cutting was cut down by my dog earlier in the season, it had only a few tiny leaves left from which it had to regrow.

It has been showing signs of Mg and Ca deficiencies, interveinal chlorosis Mg and then the severe leaf curl I think is from a shortage of Calcium.

Ca being a immobile element it show up towards the top and the Mg is mobile so usually shows up at the bottom of the plant.

I happen to know this strain is a heavy feeder on Ca and Mg, so I will treat her accordingly.

20200310_145113.jpg

Edited by Dank
  • Like 2

Last week I only watered her with a bit of Epsom salts to provide some Mg, and yesterday I topdressed with the following.

Roughly 2 tablespoons of Dolomite Lime.

Another 2 tablespoons of Epsom salts.

1 tablespoon of DE to provide some silicate to the soil.

Will keep an eye on how she responds and most likely give her another light dressing next week.

HawaiinSnow 17 Mar 2020 (1).jpg

HawaiinSnow 17 Mar 2020 (2).jpg

• Like 2

I like the thread idea 😄

Even I challenge my plants sometimes just for the basic reason of seeing what happens. Recently tested some seedlings at a very high EC and now I know what a seedling/plant looks like if the EC is too high. Big brain! 

1 hour ago, Dank said:

Last week I only watered her with a bit of Epsom salts to provide some Mg, and yesterday I topdressed with the following.

Roughly 2 tablespoons of Dolomite Lime.

Another 2 tablespoons of Epsom salts.

1 tablespoon of DE to provide some silicate to the soil.

Will keep an eye on how she responds and most likely give her another light dressing next week.

When would you expect the plant to respond to the feed? 😁

• Like 1

Thanks @Ill_Evan  :-puffin

I think in this week I should be able to see a nice change, it was just an simple amendment, but im hoping that by next week there will be no more new leaves with deformities.

She might show show some N deficiencies soon, if that's the case i'll try to find a creative solution, or just feed her some nutrients (which she could prob use). 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dank said:

Thanks @Ill_Evan  :-puffin

I think in this week I should be able to see a nice change, it was just an simple amendment, but im hoping that by next week there will be no more new leaves with deformities.

She might show show some N deficiencies soon, if that's the case i'll try to find a creative solution, or just feed her some nutrients (which she could prob use). 

Schweet. Reason I ask, the suckers that didn't make it into my DWC are now blomming outside in some coco and I have another one in soil. Just screwing around, I doubt anything remarkable will come from cannabis starting to grow outside at this time of year, but also didn't want to just chuck those seedling out. The one in soil started getting a bit pale so I gave it some feed and now waiting for a result.

I'm so used to having results within a few hours with DWC 😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ill_Evan said:

Schweet. Reason I ask, the suckers that didn't make it into my DWC are now blomming outside in some coco and I have another one in soil. Just screwing around, I doubt anything remarkable will come from cannabis starting to grow outside at this time of year, but also didn't want to just chuck those seedling out. The one in soil started getting a bit pale so I gave it some feed and now waiting for a result.

I'm so used to having results within a few hours with DWC 😄

Yeh the babies in soil take a bit longer to show improvements, but to a degree there is always change, this morning the Hawaiin is looking nice and perky, she might pray to the sun today! 

The new growth is usually what we have to gauge as the old growth hardly improves/repairs itself.

This time of year the thin leaved Sativa varieties like this Hawaiian flowers out quite well at 12/12 with quite a lot of stretch.

Plants like her in preflowering stages can still get pushed, as long as there is enough direct sun, I try aim for at least 8 hours, gets difficult into winter without the right location.

• Thanks 1

The new growth on the Hawaiian is looking much better, still hungry for Ca and Mg, I will do another top dressing with Dolomite Lime and Epsom salt.

I fed her some Biotrissol 3.1.5 a few days ago with some left over coffee grounds for a bit of instant Nitrogen.

Still a bit of curling deformities on new leaves but a nice improvement so far. :-rolled

20200323_112158.jpg

20200323_112150.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Update from the Hawaiian and the new recruit, a Cheese clone I received as a donation, to help preserve the cut.

The slinky Hawaiian is still looking a bit deficient in the Mg department, even though she received another top dressing bout a week ago. Also fed a sea grow type nutrient called SeaSol.

Been giving left over smoothies, @Bospatrollie2 styles, she seems to be enjoying it.

So this cheese clones started curling like a boss after I potted her into some soil mix I had lying around. 

Looks like some N toxicity so I just flushed her well, will just water normal h2o for now. 

Any thoughts or advice feel free to comment :-greenthumb

20200404_112930.jpg

20200404_113149.jpg

20200404_113158.jpg

20200405_122650.jpg

Edited by Dank
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dank said:

Looks like some N toxicity so I just flushed her well, will just water normal h2o for now. 

Definitely looks like that, just recently came off a spot of the 'ol N-toxicity myself with one of my plants. Came alright after a flush, so I am sure you have it under control 😁 

Edited by Ill_Evan
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Stinger96 said:

She seems to have overheated bud?:-peace

Quite possibly she was not getting star treatment, also got moved around before and after the transplant.

20 hours ago, Ill_Evan said:

Definitely looks like that, just recently came off a spot of the 'ol N-toxicity myself with one of my plants. Came alright after a flush, so I am sure you have it under control 😁 

Shot @Ill_Evan , we try our best, the plantjies in soil take a while to respond to treatment, pretty cool in your diary you can see the changes pretty fast! 

I'm leeching the pot a bit today instead of another flush, then i'll just let her recover, will prob be a few days before i water again, maybe max a week.

10 hours ago, Mambawana said:

@Dank 🔥👊

Good move with the flush. Looks like the Ph of the medium is off. Probably too acidic. 

Thanks man, I amended some Dolomite Lime for her as a little topdressing, hope it brings the PH back into check.

Just for interest sake that is pool filter sand as a topdressing (testing to see if it help against gnats) layer is about 3 cm, below that is just normal soil.

• Like 1

What soil are you plants in? When I top dress I always use a bit of compost kelp meal, rock phosphate and turbo grow(soft basalt rock) to add minerals into the mix. I do know that goes into my soil so I know there is enough calcium and magnesium in it and do not amend it to after the 2nd grow. When I see deficiencies I just feed compost tea to activate/increase micro organisms. They normally fix any possible deficiency. When a plants leaves go a bit yellow it will signal to the microbes what it needs and the microbes will provide.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 4/6/2020 at 1:13 PM, SkunkPharm said:

What soil are you plants in? When I top dress I always use a bit of compost kelp meal, rock phosphate and turbo grow(soft basalt rock) to add minerals into the mix. I do know that goes into my soil so I know there is enough calcium and magnesium in it and do not amend it to after the 2nd grow. When I see deficiencies I just feed compost tea to activate/increase micro organisms. They normally fix any possible deficiency. When a plants leaves go a bit yellow it will signal to the microbes what it needs and the microbes will provide.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

I usually mix up my own soils, but the Hawaiian Snow cutting just got transplanted (no-till) into a pot that I think was home to a rose before, the cutting was savaged by my dog so didn't really think it would make it.

The cheese clone is planted in some old homemade soilmix that was lying around, the cutting was completely soil-less before, the mix was maybe a bit too strong.

That's some solid advice, with moving house I'm still busy making my new compost heap here. 

Gardening in more than one spot is biting me in the butt right now, i have to make do without a lot of my stuff, including bubbler, some amendments and lekke ol compost heap.

On 4/7/2020 at 1:48 AM, Mambawana said:

One issue with it is as the rootball starts to hold the medium in the pot all together the silica sand starts falling down the sides between the pot and the medium. 

Thanks man, shot for the heads up, that makes total sense :-greenthumb

Edited by Dank
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It took a while but the cheese clone is finally pushing some normal looking growth. Top dressed her with a bit of worm castings/compost I found lying around (good advice from @SkunkPharm). Top dressed the Hawaiian with this as well and added straw mulching. 

The Hawaiian is budding nicely and I'm happy with how she is performing with colder nights and less than optimum conditions. 

Fed her a light dose of biotrissol 3.1.5 , root juice and kelp.

She has a kind of sour pineapple scent to her, just from smelling the flower. When rubbed it's more of a banana pineapple vibe going on. 

Hoping I can get her to maturity 🍍🍌

20200422_100139.jpg

20200422_100937.jpg

20200422_101042.jpg

20200422_101117.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Decided to harvest her, she could have gone another week I imagine, but had a few PM spots on the bigger leaves.

This particular cut is medical weed for a Glaucoma patient I know, so can't let the PM spread.

20200517_111046.jpg

Edited by Dank
  • Like 1