Jump to content

Systemic Fungicide PM


NinjaMaster
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know of a Systemic fungicide i can use in Veg to destroy Powder mildew.
Im worried it makes my Fem Plants Hermie as ive seen it happen to a friend of mine.

I have found a product called Tenazole:

https://leroymerlin.co.za/tenazole-100ml-81426273?sfdr_ptcid=32806_617_517030259&sfdr_hash=d21cd6d8f2f1423d3ae32315d9bfa661&gclid=Cj0KCQjw2efrBRD3ARIsAEnt0eiiUSiVnKMtkc6e3HaD5yLdOvqldLp26pTfVGl_UjKnFqS9wbS6CtMaAg4NEALw_wcB

Does anyone have Experience with this kind of thing.
Ive controlled PM with Baking Soda High PH Water. But id like to kill it this time and not have to control it anymore.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

systemic is never a good idea. you need to look at the causes: high humudity - what can you do to drop this below 45%? are you spraying your plants at night? stop, try keep the leaves dry, watch for where they sweat & trim to avoid. Are you growing in a tent? if so & you have had pm continuously, then the spores are more likely all over the tent, so you'd need to sterilise everything, filters, fans, pots, watering systems, every surface, all tools etc & replace all ducting. same thing for an indoor room. outdoors, look at your other plants in the garden, treat them the same way as your cannabis plants. also look for PM resistant strains etc. Once you've done everything you can to kill existing spores then IPM, prevention is better than cure

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Kgrows said:

systemic is never a good idea. you need to look at the causes: high humudity - what can you do to drop this below 45%? are you spraying your plants at night? stop, try keep the leaves dry, watch for where they sweat & trim to avoid. Are you growing in a tent? if so & you have had pm continuously, then the spores are more likely all over the tent, so you'd need to sterilise everything, filters, fans, pots, watering systems, every surface, all tools etc & replace all ducting. same thing for an indoor room. outdoors, look at your other plants in the garden, treat them the same way as your cannabis plants. also look for PM resistant strains etc. Once you've done everything you can to kill existing spores then IPM, prevention is better than cure

Amen. Lol

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...

An old thread, I know... Just want to go back to it and provide a bit of extra info.

I see this thread pops up high up on the list if you Google for "Tenazole cannabis"

 

Tenazole should not be used on cannabis. Possible side effects if consumed aside, cannabis does not tolerate it well.

Stunts the plants, turns the leaves dark green to almost black and leads to stems being discoloured.

 

Alterntiave solutions for PM which I feel work well are as follows:

 

AQ-SF (can be mixed with bio-tricho)

Sulphur / Bio-sulphur

Coppersoap (not to be used in flower)

 

These solution may require one to do multiple sprays though but is a far better option.

There are many other safer things to use to treat PM which are effective as well, instead of using Tenazole.

 

Tenazole also leads to resistant strains of fungus which can become a big issue as time goes on.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can go out and spend some cash on some good products that do work. But you can also use the cheaper alternative such as Milk thats also works. Alot of us growers make a big issue of something that can easily be fixed with some home remedies. Anther good example is the PH down and ph up solution that i get into fights about with my friends all the time, i use lemon juice...gets my ph where it needs to be and my flowers still come out looking great and I save some cash for things that are a MUST get for my grows

Edited by Marzcanna
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Marzcanna said:

You can go out and spend some cash on some good products that do work. But you can also use the cheaper alternative such as Milk thats also works. Alot of us growers make a big issue of something that can easily be fixed with some home remedies. Anther good example is the PH down and ph up solution that i get into fights about with my friends all the time, i use lemon juice...gets my ph where it needs to be and my flowers still come out looking great and I save some cash for things that are a MUST get for my grows

1l bottle of ph down costs me 100 bucks...and lasts me over a year. lemon juice has poor ph buffering abilities and does not hold the ph where you want it for long, like ph down does. i would try convince you to blow the 100 bucks bru...splurge a bit for the sake of your plants lol.

i am a big supporter of milk sprays for pm treatment and prevention, but more so for outdoor plants and less so for indoor plants. and it must be full cream milk for best results, low fat milk and box milk also work, but fresh fullcream milk had the best results. 50\50 mix with water for a very useful PM spray - but it stinks my flat up if i spray it inside

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, CreX said:

1l bottle of ph down costs me 100 bucks...and lasts me over a year. lemon juice has poor ph buffering abilities and does not hold the ph where you want it for long, like ph down does. i would try convince you to blow the 100 bucks bru...splurge a bit for the sake of your plants lol.

i am a big supporter of milk sprays for pm treatment and prevention, but more so for outdoor plants and less so for indoor plants. and it must be full cream milk for best results, low fat milk and box milk also work, but fresh fullcream milk had the best results. 50\50 mix with water for a very useful PM spray - but it stinks my flat up if i spray it inside

LOL you and my friends would get along very well 😅 i have heard it all bru. I do have a bottle of both ph-up and down but only because im using RES now and i have no choice but to use it to keep the ph longer in the RES. But for normal top feeding, I will still argue to use lemon juice 🤣

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Veg I would always go copper soap, great results and very easy to use. I give them a spray with copper soap to clean up before I move em in the flower tent. At least I know they arrived clean 😁

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...