Growing for Seeds (With STS)

PsyCLown

I managed to squeeze in some Charlettes Angel seeds on @Cannabist black Thursday special.  Also got some LSD and Green Crack.  But very interested how you @PsyCLown find the effects of the Charlettes Angel?
It's my first time growing it, so will have to wait until harvest time.

Although@SkunkPharm has grown it a few times. Apparently no high from smoking it.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

So this Saturday will be 9 weeks of flowering done on the Charlottes Angel, will then be entering week 10.

She takes 9 to 12 weeks, so will start taking a look at the trichomes and start the flush soon. Hoping for a harvest within the next week or 2, will also need to see how mature the seeds are.

• Like 1

Following this with interest. Really keen to see your harvest on the Charlotte's Angel. Do you find CBD high strains to be any different growing, compared to THC dominant strains?
Not yet, this is my 2nd high CBD strain I'm growing.

The first was a CBD Critical Mass a D it was a great plant and the bud is really good too. Surprisingly strong despite only being rated at 6 - 8% THC and CBD (1:1 ratio).

This Charlottes Angel looks frostier for sure, super low THC and very high CBD... Although there is always the chance it's not actually Charlottes Angel, especially considering they were meant to be autos... I took a look at trichomes tonight and it's a bit of a mix. Can go for a bit longer, I also checked some seeds and I feel a bit longer will be good. Next feed I'll start moving over to ripening nutes.

So signs of PM after using the aq-sf and milk, seems to have worked really well indeed. Although having the milk not as diluted certainly makes it stick more to the plant, when the milk was diluted more it didn't seem to stay on the plant as much.
I am sure a bud wash will sort it out though :D

• Like 2

Excuse the poor quality pics, although to give you an idea of what she is looking like.

You can see some of the milk residue which was left on the plant, does not look pretty but works well. I'd rather have milk than some chemical, copper, PM etc.

I did some sprays with the plant still inside the tent and will therefore need to give the tent a clean when she is done flowering.

IMG_20191212_072555.thumb.jpg.eebd3e0aed5260b1fea235725e751cc3.jpg

IMG_20191212_072616.thumb.jpg.b9d4fcefaef2eaf7fc35fc4cf45678da.jpg

Edited by PsyCLown
  • Like 1

I have a bit on a jar but don't really plan on storing it long term.

Need to ensure the pollen does not get wet / there is no moisture. I use a glass jar.

I'll probably get rid of the pollen soon as I won't need more with the seeds.

• 2 weeks later...

So a bit of an update, the Charlottes Angel plant died... May she RIP and smoke well. lol

It my fault, I'd have liked for her to go a bit longer as the trichomes were not mature. What caused her to die exactly, I am not 100% sure although I have the following theories:

1. The AQ SF spray and milk, when I mixed the last bottle I did not dilute the milk which ended up leaving a very thick layer / coating on the leaves and I suspect this caused issues with transpiration and probably photosynthesis and I suspect this is the main reason for her death.
  2. I have been quite busy and with some waterings very late, by a few days - although the other plants in the tent managed to survive, so I think the more likely reason is #1

Anyways,I chopped her down this morning and did a bud wash and she is going to be drying now. I will then harvest the seeds and give the bud a try. Not sure how much CBD there will be due to the trichomes being immature and majority of them are clear.

However I am still not convinced this is actually Charlottes Angel. I have since purchased new CBD seeds (Dr Seedsman, it's upto 20%+ CBD and under 1% THC). Very cheap seeds in comparison to the Charlottes Angel so I may actually just grow those out next and may even gift some of these "Charlottes Angel" seeds... Will see once the bud has dried and I can sample it.

Most of this bud will probably be turned into dab and then used to make edibles and oils and so forth. I doubt I will keep much, if any, in flower form.... provided it seems to be Charlottes Angel. The way I will be judging will be whether I get high or not when smoking the bud.