Hey guys, planning an organic grow, out doors, in pots though. Going with FF soil and biobizz. 

All the organic growers out there, which nutes do you use, and what additives? 

Been doing some reading about biobizz grow and fishmix, and I'm stuck on which to get, new to growing, and I've read that the fishmix can be a bit more forgiving, some do both, but got conflicting reports about it leading to possible nitrogen toxicity? Which do you use, and why?

Any input is appreciated. :poke

• Like 1

Missmayhem,
We're doing an organic outdoor grow, using my own soil mix. I alternate with Seagrow, AACT and rainwater every 3 days approx depending on the plants requirements.

Cannabis plants require more nitrogen during vegetative growth, during flowering they require less. So if you want to use both, you can alternate between biobizz and fishmix(not sure if they can be mixed), but be aware that you'll have to reduce the N feeding during flowering. Too much N during flowering will cause toxicity.

FF soil is good(reviews on forum),have a look at the ''organic'' thread on this forum. Lots of info on FF soil and organic nutes.

Cheers..

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Bospatrollie2 said:

Missmayhem,
We're doing an organic outdoor grow, using my own soil mix. I alternate with Seagrow, AACT and rainwater every 3 days approx depending on the plants requirements.

Cannabis plants require more nitrogen during vegetative growth, during flowering they require less. So if you want to use both, you can alternate between biobizz and fishmix(not sure if they can be mixed), but be aware that you'll have to reduce the N feeding during flowering. Too much N during flowering will cause toxicity.

FF soil is good(reviews on forum),have a look at the ''organic'' thread on this forum. Lots of info on FF soil and organic nutes.

Cheers..emoji4.png

Hey there,

Thank you! 

May I ask what AACT is?

• Like 1

Hey there,
Thank you! 
May I ask what AACT is?

AACT- Actively Aerated Compost Tea. Heard of it on this forum for the first time and now I'm converted brewer. Our plants have never looked better.

Have a look on this forum- plenty of info.
If you prefer Google- Try search for Heisenberg compost tea.

• Like 1

AACT- Actively Aerated Compost Tea. Heard of it on this forum for the first time and now I'm converted brewer. Our plants have never looked better.

Have a look on this forum- plenty of info.

If you prefer Google- Try search for Heisenberg compost tea.

Basically aerate a compost tea?

What do you use to brew yours? Would a fish tank oxygenator be fine?

Sent from my MYA-L02 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You can use BioGrow and Fishmix for veg. Fishmix is nice to use during veg and you can use BioGrow through veg and quite some ways into flowering. You can brew a tea also but I've gotten good results with just the biobizz range. People that do get nitrogen toxicity are blindly following the manufacturer recommendations instead of looking at what the plant needs. Feeding with 1ml/L is more than enough, make sure you check pH with a pen or the basic drops. FF soil needs the feed to be pHd and I usually aim for about 5.5-6.2, but end up mostly around 5.8

Sent from my G3312 using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

The more air you put in the better so get yourself a nice air pump, leave the airstones off and let it brew. But yes a fishtank air pump should work as long as the bucket isn't too big

• Like 1

Yes it will, leave the airstone off and just weigh the end of the pipe down.
My basic recipe...
20lit dechlorinated water
25ml seagrow(food for fungi)
25ml unsulphered molasses(bacteria)
500gr compost in netbag/stocking
(EWC will work too)
Let brew for 24hrs
Good signs- biofilm foam on top
Smells woody/musty/sweet/clean
Golden amber colour
Bad signs- turns dark-bad bacteria
Smells off,bad, stinky, rotten,shit
(Discard)
Don't try to brew constantly, do small batches and start each one fresh.

• Like 1

You can use BioGrow and Fishmix for veg. Fishmix is nice to use during veg and you can use BioGrow through veg and quite some ways into flowering. You can brew a tea also but I've gotten good results with just the biobizz range. People that do get nitrogen toxicity are blindly following the manufacturer recommendations instead of looking at what the plant needs. Feeding with 1ml/L is more than enough, make sure you check pH with a pen or the basic drops. FF soil needs the feed to be pHd and I usually aim for about 5.5-6.2, but end up mostly around 5.8

Fuck. Was hoping I wouldn't have to ph. Thought the soil regulates the ph? More precisely the microbes and the plant.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pat999 said:

Thank you, that's really helpful.

15 minutes ago, Jedi Messiah said:

Fuck. Was hoping I wouldn't have to ph. Thought the soil regulates the ph? More precisely the microbes and the plant.

Yes, how important is the ph when using soil? 

Is it necessity or can I wing it?:rastabanana

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bospatrollie2 said:

Yes it will, leave the airstone off and just weigh the end of the pipe down.
My basic recipe...
20lit dechlorinated water
25ml seagrow(food for fungi)
25ml unsulphered molasses(bacteria)
500gr compost in netbag/stocking
(EWC will work too)
Let brew for 24hrs
Good signs- biofilm foam on top
Smells woody/musty/sweet/clean
Golden amber colour
Bad signs- turns dark-bad bacteria
Smells off,bad, stinky, rotten,shit
(Discard)
Don't try to brew constantly, do small batches and start each one fresh.

Thank you, I really appreciate the recipe.

Definitely want to give it go sometime. :)

• Like 1

You can try your luck if you wanted to bru but if it jumps around too much the slight pH buffer that is in there won't keep up and you'll have problems down the line. I don't always feed the exact same pH level either but I try and get it as close as possible

• Like 1

I have been there by not doing any pH to my plants, holy bananas did I get schooled. Its funny how these supersoil okes say the soil doesn't need to be fed but still does weekly compost teas

• Like 1

I have been there by not doing any pH to my plants, holy bananas did I get schooled. Its funny how these supersoil okes say the soil doesn't need to be fed but still does weekly compost teas

Yeah, we won't push our luck. Will get one of those cheap ph testers. They should be fine? Exact same one someone was selling on the classifieds the other day.

• Like 2

this may be a noob question, but why do you leave the airstones off?
For more air bru. The airstones restricts it by a bit and puts out bubbles smaller than skittles
Yeah, we won't push our luck. Will get one of those cheap ph testers. They should be fine? Exact same one someone was selling on the classifieds the other day.

Yup they should be fine. You could also get the drop but they are a fucking hassle of note and it's better saving yourself the pain in the ass by getting a cheap pH pen

• Like 2

I thought you needed losta small bubbles to oxygenate the water properly
The small bubbles don't cause enough flow/disturbance in the water. Bigger bubbles breaking the surface are better. Airstones get gooey/clogged quickly and become a breeding ground for the wrong bacteria- you can cross contaminate your teas with the airstone.

• Like 2

After some research, we've decided to just go for the fish mix. It's composed of grow and some added fishy goodness. Doesn't seem like there is much of an opinion on grow of fish mix in SA. Had to go looking on UK forums.

Thanks guys.

Regards J&M

• Like 1