White widow clones

Oolong83

Hey guys, just a few questions plz.

i still see some signs of deficiencies on my girls, had a mix up with my soil meter giving the wrong reading for a few days now, so completely fucked up the feedings. Flushed them all yesterday and got ph to 6.1. I have also decided to go with coco/perlite/soil mix. Ive noticed the plants that looks the best and gives almost no kak, are in this mix, as suppose to the ones in coco/perlite/vermiculite. Also takes less watering and feedings, saving sum moola

anyhoo, my questions. 

1. What is optimal room temp?

2. What is optimal soil temp?

3. When watering, should i slightly heat water(if so, to what temp) or use room temp water?

4. PPM, i know what this is, but still don't really understand it fully and how to monitor that it is correct?

im collecting my new ppm meter and ph meter today. Also want to go get that cocomix nutes from hydroshop for R350.

CB23E619-91ED-4DC0-8C74-7CABFCB7DD6D.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oolong83 said:

Hey guys, just a few questions plz.

i still see some signs of deficiencies on my girls, had a mix up with my soil meter giving the wrong reading for a few days now, so completely fucked up the feedings. Flushed them all yesterday and got ph to 6.1. I have also decided to go with coco/perlite/soil mix. Ive noticed the plants that looks the best and gives almost no kak, are in this mix, as suppose to the ones in coco/perlite/vermiculite. Also takes less watering and feedings, saving sum moola

anyhoo, my questions. 

1. What is optimal room temp?

2. What is optimal soil temp?

3. When watering, should i slightly heat water(if so, to what temp) or use room temp water?

4. PPM, i know what this is, but still don't really understand it fully and how to monitor that it is correct?

im collecting my new ppm meter and ph meter today. Also want to go get that cocomix nutes from hydroshop for R350.

Hi @Oolong83 nice LED mission you got going there :-greenthumb which lights are you all using, I have one 50w LED light I am playing around with. 

One thing is certain LED grown plants seem to use less water and most likely less nutrients I would imagine, don't quote me on this though.

I'll link you some resources at the bottom, always best to make up your own opinion about things, but here are my personal recommendations.

Q&A:

1. For a indoor setup I would say 18C to 28C would be a nice optimum range for most weed plants, some strains can handle higher and lower temps. 

2. I usually just make sure that my soil does not get too hot, roots can suffer and stress if that happens, hardly a issue in a LED growroom I would imagine. I think if you kept soil around 18C to 22C it should be good, if it goes up to 24C or 25C I don't think it will cause stress, but for a optimum setup I would say not much higher than the latter, especially when gardening in containers.

3. I just give room temperature water, of course when it is winter I would recommend not feeding water that is much colder than 16C and for a optimum setup you can have water around 18C - 22C.

4. PPM stands for parts per million. Think about it like this, pure water, RO water, has a very low PPM, lets say 0 - 40 PPM. In the case of 40PPM, that means in there are 40 parts of stuff per million in that water, could be salts, minirals, etc. If the PPM was 0 that would mean there is absolutely no stuff in the water, no minerals etc, just pure H20. This of course is only as accurate as the device you use to measure it with.

So in the case of nutrients, more of it you add (salts) the higher the PPM will go as there is more stuff in the water, more parts per million.

Do a search online how to convert EC to PPM and visa versa, useful to understand.

Hope that helps a bit, here are some resources you can check out.

https://www.growweedeasy.com/temperature

https://www.growweedeasy.com/ppm

https://www.growbarato.net/blog/en/water-temperature-cannabis/

:-greenthumb:-rolled

Edited by Dank
made mistake with temp - much colder than 16C
  • Like 1

@Dank i got a mix of 7 coolwhite & 2 warm white led15w,  each 1 output is equal to 90w hps

1x 300w full spectrum led (not sure what its output is)

1 x 1200w (output)full spectrum Led(Bestva) and it only draws 254w.

1 x Heatlamp 240w, just to keep temp nice and used for popping seeds. 

Will be moving heatlamp and 1200w light to budding section once i got plants to move there. Maybe add a few warm white LED’s. Should work nice for budding?

1x1.5x1.5m area

i definitely think LED’s will be the way forward. A lot more cost efficient and plants love the full spectrum lights. Reduction in heat. This being said, i have never used other lights though, so there may be a lot of difference in opinion in the regard. Maybe someone who has gone both routes cam give better insight. 

thanks for this, some very useful tips in ur write-up. Will checkout the links now. 

Edited by Oolong83
  • Like 1

Shot for the extra details about your lighting and grow, it is going to be awesome man, I am looking forward to checking out this grow.

Best damn hobby in the whole world I always say!

Stay blessed up :-peace

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

Transplanted these ladies yesterday after discovering the roots coming out the bottom of previous pots. 

The repotting didn't seem to bother them at all.

put them into 25lt drums that i modified as pots. Just basically drilling at shitload of holes around the drum to ensure good aeration as these drums go quite deep. 

7BE00303-7B07-4881-9715-F14CCAA4EBA2.jpeg

A4B97545-274D-4B7B-ADAA-4443399853D1.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2019 at 5:00 PM, Oolong83 said:

I got this today. Should cover everything, right?

that is everything that could be wrong with her now.

1FAFD7D9-D78B-491C-A4D4-7B55A160ECA2.jpeg

I wouldn't use this.

Make life easier for yourself, get some BioBizz Grow or Fish Mix for veg and then BioBizz Bloom for flowering.

Works alright and is easy to use. It's tried and tested.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

@Oolong83 your plants are looking great :-greenthumb 

-Thoughts I had looking at the thread now: Later on in flowering you will want some nutrients that are a bit lower on the N, or decrease the dose of your veg fert and introduce something like BioBloom mentioned above, if at all possible, or if you have another flowering fert, just remember to do a decent flush (last week or two flower) when not using natural ferts. Also consider the ratios when decreasing one fert and adding another.

Again well done on pulling your plants out of that salt buildup, awesome.