Just Another First Grow

PsyCLown

So I repotted the seedlings and so far all is looking good.

Im starting to struggle with space and the limit of power I have for the LED's is not helping at the moment.

I've topped (or tried to) the bagseed plant to see what happens. Not sure what more to do regarding LST on the bagseed plant, I'll watch more videos and see what's best to do.

Below are the plants which are growing faster, except Choc #2 - the slowest out of all the plants. Took forever to germinate and become a seedling:0945d6a73e5bf4749d1856d340a35353.jpg

Here we have the rest of the plants, which are a bit slower:e5bc275b3dad4f08ae6a2f1adbdd3be1.jpg

The bag seed plant, which I am using to experiment with:c5d03f9730d93d3bd5ebc3f9ce335c1f.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Edited by PsyCLown
Added extra info for pics
  • Like 3

I forgot to mention, when I used the rapid rooters I put some soil in some of them to see whether it would make a positive or negative difference and I was thinking more along the lines of moisture control.

When transplanting from the rapid rooters to the pots, I noticed that the seedlings which had soil around their raid rooters were generally larger and the roots had berried themselves in the soil and there were more and longer roots.

I had to carefully loosen the soil and then gently pull up on the rapid rooters. There was one seedling in particular, unfortunately I did not take note of which or take pictures however the tap root was super long compared to the others.

Next time I will most likely germinate in paper and then plant straight into soil, or if I do use rapid rooters I will place them inside some soil in a smallish pot.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

• Like 2

Day 14

A quick update regarding the plants. I will no longer be posting updates on the Chocolope plants in this thread, you can view the progress on the Chocolope plants in their thread over here:

I had an issue with burnt leaves on 3 of my plants, not sure whether it was light burn from the LED's or whether the plants were not happy with the soil. I did not feed any nutes to the seedlings, they all got the same and have all been under the same lights and same environment etc. They all received the same soil when transplanted as well and the 3 which had their leaves burnt was all next to each other therefore I suspect light burn.

The burnt leaves seem to have slowed down growth a bit on these 3 plants although they have bounced back and are growing strong.

The one GDP #2 was affected quite badly and I thought it would die, so I transplanted it into a mug so I could use the big pot for one of the Chocolope seedlings. I think I damaged the Chocolope in the process but the GDP seems to be recovering as it has sprouted new leaves and is growing! Very impressed with how resilient the GDP is. As you can see, it is the smallest of the low, albeit understandable.

The Sticky Icky (Girl Scout Cookie x BB#3) are by far the fastest growing plants. All 3 are growing faster than the rest and I am really eager to see the end results!

My CBD Critical Mass is doing very well, which I am most happy about as I only had one of those seeds and plan to clone it when the time is right.

Bruce Banner #3 and GDP are about on par in terms of growth.

The overall growth on the plants is really good I feel, the bag seed plant is doing well too - although the leaves have a bit of a weird colouring to them and I am not sure whether it is just new growth or if something is not 100%? The colouring on the leaves are not quite uniform, the inner part of the leaves seem to have a bit more of a lighter colouring  in a way... It has increased in size and bushiness quite a bit over the past 2 days, I am not 100% sure how to train it at the moment as it is very bushy and the stems are not growing very long and underneath the top leaves are even more nodes.

Perhaps I started with LST too soon and should have let it grow a bit taller first?

All seedlings have only been given plain water and water mixed with EM Pro Soil. Next wateringI may start feeding with low concentrates of Fish Mix.

Bag seed is receiving fishmix along with EM Pro Soil.

Bagseed.jpg

CBD CM.jpg

BB_1.jpg

BB_2.jpg

BB_3.jpg

GDP 1.jpg

GDP_2.jpg

GDP_3.jpg

GSC 1.jpg

GSC_2.jpg

GSC 3.jpg

• Like 6

Day 21

Some good growth has happened this past week on majority of the plants.

I added some auto's into the mix, want to get some STS and do a bit of experimenting and reversing to try get some seeds and see how it turns out.

Daiquari Lime #2 does not have a seed in it yet, I popped 2 and the one has not yet germinated so popped the 3rd and now waiting for that to germinate and then I will pot it.

My Bag seed plant is growing nicely, although is not happy about something so I did a semi flush on Sunday and will monitor it. Either PH issues or too many nutes, I may have started feeding too early. Very very bushy though and I am not sure what to do with her?

The others are all doing well, liking the growth I have been seeing on the CBD Critical Mass, GSC #2 is has not been happy the past two days or so. Will check the roots tonight, perhaps she is root bound.

GDP #2 will need to be re-potted soon too, surprised it survived actually. Very robust strain. Will be a bit behind the others but happy to wait a bit longer for it. I am sure the yields will be worth while.

CA Autos.jpg

DL_Auto.jpg

Bagseed_1.jpg

Bagseed_2.jpg

BB_1.jpg

BB_2.jpg

BB_3.jpg

CBD_CM.jpg

GDP_1.jpg

GDP_2.jpg

GDP_3.jpg

GSC_1.jpg

GSC_2.jpg

GSC_3.jpg

• Like 5

So started some LST on the plants, I probably should have started a bit sooner with some of them.

The plants are starting to drink more for sure.

Also the CBD Critical Mass is pushing some nicely sized leaves! It's looking impressive for sure! Quite unexpected.

Lst_1.jpg

Lst_2.jpg

Lst_3.jpg

CBD Critical Mass Leaf.jpg

• Like 2

Day 28

Grow is going well, I am making mistakes but learning from them and then just learning in general.

I finally got some foldback clips so could start more LST. I have had some issues with my feeding / watering, I did not realize how low the PH was and that caused some of my plants to be a bit unhappy. EM Pro Soil lowers PH very quickly! This has been corrected and I will be PH correcting all feedings going forward, will be aiming for a PH of 6.0

I also noticed some pre-flowering sex pistils showing on my bagseed plant. It confused me at first. haha

I trans-potted GSC #2 as she has been unhappy as she drinks too quickly and was seems to have outgrown the pot she was in, I made some instant-transplant pots and so far it seems to have worked very nicely. I guess only time will tell for sure. The 20L fabric pot is quite large, I have some of the Grow Guru ones but am expecting delivery of some Plant Matter fabric pots tomorrow and then want to try get some Bidim and make some square fabric pots to help save space. as the square pots are shaped better and with limited space make quite a difference, annoying nobody stocks square fabric pots locally.

I am expecting the 480W LED driver to be ready for collection tomorrow, may only be able to collect on Thursday though - currently I am limited to 180W of power and with the more powerful LED driver I will be able to do the full 480W which the QB's are capable of.

My tent is setup and ready, I will move the smaller LED driver and 2x QB288's into the tent for now and then later on may swap it around and use the tent for flowering and the room for veg / clones. I had to pop my 3rd Dauqiari Lime auto seed as the one did not germinate, the auto's are doing well although I may remove them from this thread and start a new thread relating to them as I have different plants for them...

IMG_20190709_200222.jpg

IMG_20190705_175300_1.jpg

IMG_20190709_182602.jpg

IMG_20190709_200643.jpg

IMG_20190709_200834.jpg

IMG_20190709_201331.jpg

IMG_20190709_201604.jpg

IMG_20190709_201850.jpg

IMG_20190709_203227.jpg

IMG_20190709_202143.jpg

IMG_20190709_202736.jpg

• Like 3

Day 33

I feel this is a bit boring as the pics are so similar, once I have culled the plants I think it will be a bit better as I will have fewer plants to update on and can start showing things in a bit more detail per plant. Having this amount of plants is quite a lot of work!

I got my bigger LED driver on Thursday and got around to installing it earlier today, so my QB's are now being run at 333W, quite a bit more compared to the previous 180W. It was really needed as I repotted my plants on Saturday to their final 20L fabric pots and the extra space the pots take requires me to raise the lights to get a better spread, so the lights are still not being run at 100% which is 480W. I doubt I will run the lights at their full potential as there isn't much of a need for it. Probably 360 - 400W at most.

I topped all the plants, with the exception of GDP #2 which is still very small and trimmed / pruned them and did some more LST.

GDP #2 and GSC #3 were not repotted due to the fact that firstly I do not have more space for them if I put them into bigger pots and secondly GSC #3 is already in a slightly larger pot and GDP #2 is still on the small side and is doing fine in that pot for now.

I really need the plants to start showing their sex as I need to cull some plants and reduce the amount I have. Most likely within the next 2 weeks and once that has happened I am thinking I will flip the plants into flower - will see how things go over the next 2 weeks although plants are growing pretty quickly now.

I am feeding them at 2ml / L with BioBizz Fish Mix, stopped with the EM Pro as it's not really needed each watering. I used a bit of Cal Mag and Kelpak along the way too and have finally added some sort of extraction to my area as it was much needed due to the humidity being waaaay too high for too long and causing condensation running down the walls on a daily basis so that can only do the plants some good.

I will most likely be connecting the fan to an RH probe with a relay to control the RH with the extraction fan and then connect my heater to the temp probe & relay as I feel it may work better than the built in thermostat in the heater itself.

I am now using Organics Matter soil, I prefer it over the Freedom Farms soil and the plants I've had in the OM (Organics Matter) seemed happier too and less affected by the low PH I had been feeding them for a while. The fabric pots I got from Plant Matter are waaaay better than the ones from Grow Guru! Both in terms of quality and sizing, I wish I had not purchased the Grow Guru ones.

Repotting.jpg

Bagseed.jpg

BB_1.jpg

BB 2.jpg

BB_3.jpg

CBD_CM.jpg

GDP_1.jpg

GDP_2.jpg

GDP_3.jpg

GSC_1.jpg

GSC_2.jpg

GSC_3.jpg

• Like 7

[mention=1970]PsyCLown[/mention] Duuude! Judging from the amount of posts you have as well as how active you've been on this forum I would've never guessed your 1st grow started only a month ago!
Going to join you soon my dude. All the best with your ladies.
Hahaha, post count doesn't always mean what one may think it does.

Been learning a lot and trying to share my knowledge too.

I've been able to confirm that some of my pants are female have 5 or 6 which I'm unsure of so waiting for those to grow a bit more and then I will be culling the males and repotting the 2 smaller plants which aren't yet in fabric pots. They're both confirmed as female.

• Like 1

Day 43

Sorry for the lack of update, I have since moved 6 of the plants to the tent for flowering, I culled 3 male plants and have 3 more plants which I am waiting for their sex to show.

I also did an inoculation of some trichoderma, some BioInsek (fungus which works as a pesticide) and such. I also upped the feeding to 4ml/L and plants seem to have handled it pretty well and at this stage am looking at flipping over to flower within the next 2 weeks or so.

The pictures were taken yesterday, I will try take some more pics tonight and add them as well. So far all is going well! The training has really helped keep my plants short, so space is currently not an issue at all.

plants.jpg

Tent.jpg

plant.jpg

Plant in.jpg

• Like 3

So I trimmed the 3 plants in front, defoliated and cleaned them up quite a bit.

Another Bruce Banner plant started showing it sex (the one to the left in the picture), it was a female and a bit larger so I did some LST again as I had left it to do it's own thing for a bit and then swapped it out in my tent.

The smaller (to the right in the picture) Bruce Banner will be going to another forum member as he has the space to grow it out, unlike me.

I also noticed that the smaller Bruce Banner wasn't too happy with the previous feed, nutes were a bit too strong so I will ease up on the nutes for the next feed and then after that I will probably do a flush before flipping to flower.

I much prefer the Plant Matter fabric pots (lighter colour) over the Grow Guru fabric pots (black). Their sizing is a bit more convenient, not as wide but a bit taller.

Two Bruce Banners.jpg

Plants side.jpg

Plants top.jpg

• Like 6

Day 46

Plants are doing well, I am intrigued by the way the CBD Critical Mass is growing still, quite different compared to the others and looks a bit different too - not in a bad way, just different.

I have not flipped to flower yet, will be doing so soon though, I am getting impatient. I need to make sure my current clones get rooted first and then I need to take some more clones and then I can flip.

IMG_20190727_164334.thumb.jpg.f0f7a706fa7a61d7e32c1fc7825af5a6.jpg

IMG_20190727_164616.thumb.jpg.32ef22d398bd7da8ebe3a890110c8c37.jpg

IMG_20190727_165508.thumb.jpg.729b108b086f9459fc1bcd569f9ec99a.jpg

The bagseed has stayed very short compared to the other plants, despite being older. They're all in the same environment. I like the way the canopy has formed on the bagseed.

IMG_20190727_164034_1.thumb.jpg.3662ce280a0570f1121fd0d4e57a45e4.jpg

IMG_20190727_164045_1.jpg.730692d715e54204e68b9e4913a01252.jpg

The GDP #2 is not in the tent, it's in the veg room. It seems to have gotten stunted after repotting - perhaps I fucked up with it. GDP #1 is not showing it's sex yet, although is not stunted. So if GDP #1 is a female then I will continue with that and cull or give away GDP #2. I have stopped the LST with GDP#2 until I get confirmation of sex.

IMG_20190727_165844_1.thumb.jpg.cacd20bb2e14d18a959581c63229ff4d.jpg

IMG_20190727_165914_1.thumb.jpg.d76f95779d2dec204f1f4c472a2b56a0.jpg

Perhaps it seems silly to get rid of a GDP when I have a bagseed going, but I feel I have committed soo much time and effort into the bagseed that I may as well flower it and see what it yields, I have not taken any clones of it so have no way of ever growing it again and obviously no way of knowing what it is. The mystery is rather exciting to a point, not something I'll do again in a hurry - if ever again.

Edited by PsyCLown
  • Like 8

20l fabric pots.

Very nice dude. You remind me of when I was super into LST to keep my plants short. I actually built a DIY met Riaan tent that is like 50*50*80chucked 12 LED bulbs of 10w each in there and had to get the girls sideways. So much fun tho, that should be a lovely harvest for sure

Sent from my G3312 using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, Pat999 said:

Very nice dude. You remind me of when I was super into LST to keep my plants short. I actually built a DIY met Riaan tent that is like 50*50*80emoji1787.pngchucked 12 LED bulbs of 10w each in there and had to get the girls sideways. So much fun tho, that should be a lovely harvest for sure

Sent from my G3312 using Tapatalk

Thanks man, I really hope so.

Will post up dry weight at the end, curious to see what grams per watt I will be pulling as well.

• Like 1

Day 52

I defoliste the plants relatively heavily (or lolipipped them).

I also adjusted my timer, so tomorrow will be their first day of 12/12 and then they'll officially be in flowering.

I did swap out a few plants in my flower tent, I have the following in there:

GSC X BB3
GDP X BB3
BB3
Chocolope
CBD Critical Mass
Bagseed

I gave them their last full veg feeding at 4ml fish mix / L. Worked out to around 0.9 EC, without calmag etc.

1c7663d9fb987bb745b2615aa70a4dd6.jpge86dac5c0e0636b9d832cff3ddf8a417.jpg7d4841cc0c875cadd6f8da8f07bb3909.jpg29dd1ef16208c7459efab04496dc3d32.jpga1f74b473bd48f0eb22384fbada0b7d6.jpge871ccdd533ecc1dff810c6e92259435.jpg03ebb7b3859ad8279c720b4905df2ac7.jpg

Edited by PsyCLown
  • Like 4