Dagga ingredient CBD just became fully legal for anyone to sell in South Africa – but only for the next year

CG420za

Well schedule 4 isn't exactly anyone. You need to be a pharmacist to dispense, and a medical Dr to prescribe. Why schedule 4 though. I bet Borstol cough syrup is more toxic than CBD.
Read a similar article regarding the cbd scheduling. But it mentioned the dosages will be max only 20mg, which was quoted as being only ''micro dosages''. Other studies found that in most instances cbd is only effective in dosages of 200mg and higher.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

Sounds like they are ''guinea pigging'' a system.

If you think about it...(and the more you think about it the effed up it sounds)
What doctor(cause you need to see the doc to get the script-schedule 4)
is going to write a prescription for a cbd treatment that doesn't treat ''any specific condition'' only for ''general health benefits''
Consultation fee of around R500+cost of meds that will have little or no effect at that dosage???

Think I will self medicate and watch that space...puff, puff...

14 minutes ago, Bospatrollie2 said:

Sounds like they are ''guinea pigging'' a system.

If you think about it...(and the more you think about it the effed up it sounds)
What doctor(cause you need to see the doc to get the script-schedule 4)
is going to write a prescription for a cbd treatment that doesn't treat ''any specific condition'' only for ''general health benefits''
Consultation fee of around R500+cost of meds that will have little or no effect at that dosage???

Think I will self medicate and watch that space...puff, puff...

Well, depends on the Dr and their knowledge and willingness to try various medicines for off the book treatments. For example one medicine which may be used to generally treat kidney stones could have a side effect or be useful in treating cluster headaches for example. That medicine not specifically being manufactured or listed as treating cluster headaches.

Just an example. Certainly not everyone doc is going to be willing to want to prescribe CBD.

No prescription is needed for the next 12 months... so anyone who is able to get their hands on a product that fits within the guidelines can sell it... if you can afford the expensive equipment needed to isolate then you can make it yourself

7 hours ago, JrMezz said:

I also found this topic quite strange 

Besides the 20mG per day and the doctors and prescriptions etc - does anyone here know of a strain that produces 0.001 % THC and 0.0075 % CBD ? 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

I have not looked into it, although what about CBD hemp when it comes to THC content?

I think we might get the international pharma companies bringing their products in and selling them here?

• Agree 1

Do you think even CBD hemp has such low cannabinoid count ? I mean 0.0075% CBD seems abit very low - i mean isnt hemp supposed to be classified as less than 0.3%THC ?

I agree we will more than likely see big honchos selling off their products here 🤷🏻‍♂️

Seems ridiculous though. For the next 12 months people can now sell these products across SA wherever they want. Correct me if I'm wrong there. Who will be regulating/testing these products for compliance? Who's gonna test oom Willie's CBD oil being sold at the monthly farmers market in Vryheid? Seems like they're trying to exercise control over something that can't be controlled and they're not sure how to go about it. Same goes for the whole CBD workaround/smokescreen thing in general

1 hour ago, 420SA said:

Seems ridiculous though. For the next 12 months people can now sell these products across SA wherever they want. Correct me if I'm wrong there. Who will be regulating/testing these products for compliance? Who's gonna test oom Willie's CBD oil being sold at the monthly farmers market in Vryheid? Seems like they're trying to exercise control over something that can't be controlled and they're not sure how to go about it. Same goes for the whole CBD workaround/smokescreen thing in general

This is a very valid point, who will actually enforce this - it probably won't be.

It costs resources to enforce this and test it all. I do not think it will be enforced much, more of a wild west type of situation to keep people happy until they can try decide on a proper way to enforce and regulate it or decide how they want to approach the situation.

I guess this is what happens when things change quickly and people are not prepared for the changes.