Eskoms loadshedding!

Pandy

2 hours ago, Pandy said:

Hi 

I currently have a plant 12/12 and she's already started to flower, my problem is the loadshedding in my area.

do you think the 2 hours of darkness during loadshedding will stress her or cause her to reveg? 

I recently started flower and this load shedding has got me worried. My RH jumped to 92 during the 2 hours that the electricity was off. 

Due to the power cuts my schedule has moved about 12hours, so instead of lights on at 6pm the lights come on at 6am. Not ideal for temp control, among others. 

Question is, should I leave it as is for now or reset the timer to its original 6pm lights on? Resetting it means there would be more than 12 hours of light for the day that I reset it. Keep in mind I'm just short of a week into flower. 

Thoughts? 

3 hours ago, Pandy said:

@Dope_Boy26  dude my rh hits like 75% with lights off during loadshedding ,I've been taking her out of the tent during those 2 hours just for fresh air, also really worried.

I've been away for the weekend and so far the loadshedding has only hit me when I wasn't home so not able to take it out of tent as you do. 

11 hours ago, Smelly Joe said:

Right before lights go out I start up my emergency light. It's small and not that great but it helps to keep the light cycle going. 

But this load shedding is kak. My ballast packed up but it was probably due for an upgrade. Need to find new lights for the cab now. 

likewise with the emergency light,helps maintain cycle.

had the same thing happen with 1st load shedding that hit, got myself a reset-able apc power surge plug to safeguard my lovlies (after dishing out for a new ballast)

i am using a 650va ups with 2x 12v server fans, one as secondary intake and 1 as secondary exhaust .

Ironically eskom is actually just forcing a modified gas lamp lighting routine, well, very modified

https://www.cannabisni.com/2101/grow-bigger-and-better-saving-30-50-percent-on-your-energy-cost

• Like 2

2 x 3KVA double conversion online UPS, and 3KVA genie for the win. 

Heres where LED scores BIG points. Keep the lights on, don’t worry about heat. 

Better get get used to it dudes. It’s not going away, and it’s gonna get worse. Think carefully where you wanna spend your next R10k for upgrades.

• Sad 1

Well at least your dog didn't destroy everything..... I have a greyhound almost 1 yr old, it first got into the locked parking bay when I forgot to lock the side gate, he chewed my plant, so I moved it out on top of those cube water tanks, got home today to see he got to everything there as well....

I lost over R2000 and Im chucking the freedom farm soil away too, so got to count that too, guess I'm done growing, thinking I'm done with my dog too, anyone looking for a dog for Christmas? He kinda keeps you on your toes :)

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 12/4/2018 at 7:12 PM, Budwizer said:

Better get get used to it dudes. It’s not going away, and it’s gonna get worse. Think carefully where you wanna spend your next R10k for upgrades.

You are definitely right about it getting worse. It's been off for 5 consecutive hours now.:classic_angry:

On 12/4/2018 at 7:12 PM, Budwizer said:

Word dude , that next spend might just have to go into backup power. 

On 12/4/2018 at 7:17 PM, Chrislovesdagga said:

Well at least your dog didn't destroy everything..... I have a greyhound almost 1 yr old, it first got into the locked parking bay when I forgot to lock the side gate, he chewed my plant, so I moved it out on top of those cube water tanks, got home today to see he got to everything there as well....

I lost over R2000 and Im chucking the freedom farm soil away too, so got to count that too, guess I'm done growing, thinking I'm done with my dog too, anyone looking for a dog for Christmas? He kinda keeps you on your toes 🙂

Hope you're joking about giving the dog away

Just take it as one of those many lessons you'll have to learn. Now you know that we're not the only ones who enjoy cannabis lol dogs love to chow it. Cats and birds too. My dog loves eating the leaves... when I hold up a big fat indica leaf to him he looks at it like its a fat chunk of biltong

On 12/4/2018 at 7:17 PM, Chrislovesdagga said:

I lost over R2000 and Im chucking the freedom farm soil away too, so got to count that too, guess I'm done growing, thinking I'm done with my dog too, anyone looking for a dog for Christmas? He kinda keeps you on your toes 🙂

Man I feel u I have  Rhodesian ridgeback who chewed up the cover for my PH meter (the one thats suppose to keep the damn probe moist all the time). He is my physical security and best friend in one so i cant get rid of him 😉. Your doggy sounds like he works for the K9 unit cos he goes for the actual plants . 

Edited by S420
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Well looks like load shedding is back. Took my girl out for the morning while the power was off. After the 2 hrs I could already see how stressed she became.  The sun is so fucking hot today her leaves had already started curling! 

When I realised all this I picked her up and said don't worry I'm taking you back inside. Its safer inside 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 3