Blue Berry & Medi Bomb #1

greenkush

Evening GreenKush how ya doing, so jump in friend. Tell us abit your set up lights and such and get stuck in looks like you off to a cracking start already...

Grow area is 240x120x205, currently running the seedlings under a 320 quantum board, once plants are bigger size they'll be running under 1520 watts worth of quantum boards.  Running two 6" fans for active intake and will connect a carbon filter when required. I will also be supplementing c02 with a regulator.  Will post some pics later this weekend, redoing my light fixture and installing some new acoustic ducting.

Can't wait too see what those quantum boards do.

Postie vibes seems like you have loads of experience

I say quantum boards but they're from China, but they have legit LM561C S6 top bin diodes (3500K) (confirmed with microscope)

The picture obviously doesn't show the true brightness of it.

I will be adding deep and far red when I have some spare cash for Emerson effect.

IMG-2464.thumb.jpg.c973757bb3e703d4a296a680708ed937.jpg

• Like 1

I say quantum boards but they're from China, but they have legit LM561C S6 top bin diodes (3500K) (confirmed with microscope)

I will be adding deep and far red when I have some spare cash for Emerson effect.

May I ask which vendor you used on ailibaba? Also how much did you pay in duties percentage wise?

How long did delivery take?

Are you happy with the built quality?

Sorry for all the questions but thanks in advance

• Like 1

May I ask which vendor you used on ailibaba? Also how much did you pay in duties percentage wise?

How long did delivery take?

Are you happy with the built quality?

Sorry for all the questions but thanks in advance

There are a few vendors, I got mine from Meiju, some people have had bad luck and got lower bin diodes like LM561 B, its a minor efficacy drop. Delivery took about a week with TNT,  build quality is 100% nothing wrong with them. My one order I paid 1K in duties my second order I paid 2K. They adjust the invoice to half the value of it. (the most expensive part of these lights was the shipping). I can PM you an entire break down if you'd like later today.

I built a frame a while ago and mounted them and worried it was too heavy, now i've determined its fine so i'll be remounting the panels against the frame as seen in the one pic.

IMG-2613.thumb.JPG.9f1409b0ec9e4a3bc202ab99f25d2cd2.JPG

IMG-2647.thumb.JPG.caf9f3f8364ae1b30e2a8fc957c0abc2.JPG

I'd very much appreciate a breakdown when you have the time.

Cool will send you the figures later. These kits are pretty heavy, a dual 800 board has an accompanying 600H mean well driver. In total its around 23KG shipping weight :P A single 800 board is around 13KG with a 320H mean well driver. My boards are running off of two 600H and one 320H driver, both have dimming functionality.

Great looking setup. Interested to see what you can put out

Im busy starting to look into LED myself for veg. Theres a local chinese shop near me, the place is huge, and they sell a whole bunch of LED lights. None of which I know will be well suited for growing. In one aisle there are these boards that kinda look Qb board related but I know fuckall about LED setups so I could be completely wrong. Are these boards usable? They're about a meter long

484ba4f5ee4a86f495c8ff9db52e9400.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Great looking setup. Interested to see what you can put out

Im busy starting to look into LED myself for veg. Theres a local chinese shop near me, the place is huge, and they sell a whole bunch of LED lights. None of which I know will be well suited for growing. In one aisle there are these boards that kinda look Qb board related but I know fuckall about LED setups so I could be completely wrong. Are these boards usable? They're about a meter long

484ba4f5ee4a86f495c8ff9db52e9400.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Unfortunately its almost impossible to tell what diodes those are. Those are snappable sections from the looks of it, so I'd imagine the heat tolerance's would not be great. If i had to guess i'd assume those are either epileds or epistar both equally shit I'm afraid.

Your best bet would be to buy direct from DigiKey for the specific diodes and colour temperature you want and get the driver. If you need assistance choosing the strips and drivers drop me a PM.

Do they stock those full spectrum chips? Those look like white chips. Here is maybe an idea... I bought a local 200W LED spotlight (2 x 100w chips) just ordered myself another 2 full spectrum chips, they're about R80 each on ebay. According to lux meter, they push out about the same as my 400w hid at 5cm from chip, but the spread is not great.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Full-Spectrum-High-Power-LED-Chip-Grow-Light-3W-100W-380-840NM-FUll-spectrum/262764518753?hash=item3d2dfc5d61%3Am%3AmgSBsv_-fPBwSqKDxNE9neQ&var=561730813756

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Do they stock those full spectrum chips? Those look like white chips. Here is maybe an idea... I bought a local 200W LED spotlight (2 x 100w chips) just ordered myself another 2 full spectrum chips, they're about R80 each on ebay. According to lux meter, they push out about the same as my 400w hid at 5cm from chip, but the spread is not great.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Full-Spectrum-High-Power-LED-Chip-Grow-Light-3W-100W-380-840NM-FUll-spectrum/262764518753?hash=item3d2dfc5d61%3Am%3AmgSBsv_-fPBwSqKDxNE9neQ&var=561730813756

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Epiled :'(

Rather buy from a legitimate source : https://www.digikey.co.za/products/en/optoelectronics/led-lighting-cobs-engines-modules/111

I'm super impressed, keen to see what a flat out QB grow will deliver as I'm currently running QB and Cobs simultaneously. I however dim the cobs right down in veg.

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk

Those two panels are running at 300 watts each at the moment. I've got dimmers just need to wire them up.