Wet VS Dry Trim

AK-47 Gold Arabesque

Wet VS Dry Trim  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Come harvest time, do you wet trim or dry trim?

• Wet Trim
    • Dry Trim
    • Either, depending on the environment.

To be honest I would check my drying environment first. You want the dry to be between 9 - 14 days. (I take a small piece. roll a joint, bust it and put it down. I it stays lit, I'm good -- and as a bonus I get an idea off wat I'm gonna get after 30-40 days:-moonwalk The trick is to let moisture out of the buds at such a pace that the moisture in the plant doesn't escape to quickly. My environment was on the cooler side so the more leaves the more moisture, and that would make drying harder (longer) and riskier (Mold) for me. The cure process allows the moisture still trapped inside the buds to release and keep all those goody terps and flavs, without the "green" taste. Some old growers will tell you that if you get your dry is spot on you won't have to "burp" your jars, cause the moisture levels are perfect all the way through.

As with most things' cannabis, it's another process. 😄 I prefer wet trim. I don't like handling the buds to much before cure. (those trichs are fragile) Plus the off cuts makes for great butter. If you're going to wet trim, I would recommend 2 trimmers and a alcohol-based cleaning solution, to put the pair you've used in and alternating between them. Those buds are very sticky on the wet trim, but again, that's just my preference.

Trimming sucks wet or dry 😄 so I would try both, see which one works best for you. Some peeps even dry plants with the roots in warm environments to slow down the dry process otherwise it dries too fast and there is no moisture left to release and enhance all those cannabinoids and terpenes that adds fuel to your faya🔥 during the cure process - the home straight🏆

Edited by LitItGrown
  • Like 2

High avg humidity - wet trim to avoid mould issues.

I also remove buds from main stalk and let dry on dry rack, flipping buds daily.

About 2 weeks dry time.

Buds should be crunchy on the outside but still bounce back to its shape when squeezed.

Then cure in Terplock bags.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Weskush said:

High avg humidity - wet trim to avoid mould issues.

I also remove buds from main stalk and let dry on dry rack, flipping buds daily.

About 2 weeks dry time.

Buds should be crunchy on the outside but still bounce back to its shape when squeezed.

Then cure in Terplock bags.

You throw any boveda humidity control packers in the terplock bag? any hygrometer to measure humidity? I'd assume you still burp them twice/three times a day for the first two weeks, even with terplock bags

• Like 2

Just now, AK-47 Gold Arabesque said:

You throw any boveda humidity control packers in the terplock bag? any hygrometer to measure humidity? I'd assume you still burp them twice/three times a day for the first two weeks, even with terplock bags

No Boveda packs needed. They self regulate humidity. No burping either. Just open and shake once or twice a week in the beginning for buds not to stick to each other.

Never had any issues with Terplocks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

https://grovebags.com/sweating-cannabis/

Forgot to mention the sweating process before curing. The buds will feel crunchy on the outside but still moist inside. As i've mentioned, by squeezing the bud between your index and thumb fingers, it should bounce back. Place buds in paper bag (Spar paper bags work very well). This takes some experience but close bag up and leave for a day or two. Open bag up and shake a bit for bottom buds to get to the top. Leave slighty open for another day or two. After this process your buds will be ready for curing in Terplocs. Some do this step, some don't. I always sweat my buds before curing to make 100% that excess moisture is sweated out. Perfect cure every time!

Edited by Weskush
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Weskush said:

https://grovebags.com/sweating-cannabis/

Forgot to mention the sweating process before curing. The buds will feel crunchy on the outside but still moist inside. As i've mentioned, by squeezing the bud between your index and thumb fingers, it should bounce back. Place buds in paper bag (Spar paper bags work very well). This takes some experience but close bag up and leave for a day or two. Open bag up and shake a bit for bottom buds to get to the top. Leave slighty open for another day or two. After this process your buds will be ready for curing in Terplocs. Some do this step, some don't. I always sweat my buds before curing to make 100% that excess moisture is sweated out. Perfect cure every time!

had no idea this was a thing. It seems that this sweating process coupled with Terploc bags is probably the safest and easiest way for a first time grower like myself to get a decent dry/cure. Thanks so much! :-rolled

Edited by AK-47 Gold Arabesque
  • Like 2

Wet trim for me. Purely because of high humidity in my area during harvest time.
Wet trim while plant is still in the pot and growing. Its a process. Start removing fan leaves, start trimming the bigger sugar leaves. Trim 3 or 4 plants then chop. Hang for about 5 days. Cut off buds and In brown paper bags or boxes all shook up once a day for about 7-10 days. Into curing jar.

Sent from my SM-A032F using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1