please help me do this cloning right first time

GreenGalaxyFarm

have not successfully cloned cannabis before i have a girl outside she is 100 percent sativa
the clay soil where she is growing is not conducive to proper growth and i think she wont survive a transplant from earth to pot
i had some jiffy pellets on hand that i wont be using for germination anymore
so i ran out there and took 6 cuttings, all alive for now and one has begun rooting after 6 days in water soaked jiffy
as they are clones i don't mind which one makes it just need one as i wont find the specific strain again for a while its super important to me
no cloning gel was used
clone dome temp 29.2c
clone dome rh 88%

my questions are
how long must the roots be before i plant them into solo cups about 2.5cm the longest one
can i let it grow fairly long as to wait for the others to catch up or do i trim away after a certain length (want to acclimatize them at same time)
do i wait for light out to transplant or doesn't it matter
does power myco work well as if never run comparison tests on plants from seed before or do i go liquid
its said to not give nitrogen to cloning plants but they are turning very light even for sativa and to use flowering nutes?

• Like 1

im bringing this thread over from another forum if im honest, from their 104,547 members noone has answered a question to steer in right direction so taking it local and stopping using the us one.

so i was impatiently looking at the roots and thinking they are too exposed to light so i transplanted into a solo cup and moved to my second dome

parameters inside dome are

28c and 80 rh

its only been 4 hours so not sure how se will take it but hope for best 

• Like 1

I'm no pro cloner but here is what i do:

Take healthy cutting. Cut at 45deg just below an internode. Immediately place in glass jar filled with water to prevent air bubbles travelling up the cut. When ready, take cutting, dip in rooting hormone and place into soaked jiffy pellet. Then into humidity dome. Spray dome's lid with water and keep vents closed. Place in indirect light for 24 hours. After 24hours place under direct light. PPFD reading 200-400. Open dome lid once or twice a day to allow fae. Keep lid sprayed with water for humidity. Temps 21-27 celcius and humidity 70%-90%. After cuttings started showing roots, start hardening them off by opening dome vents slightly more every day. If wilting occurs increase humidity by closing vents. When ready transplant into solo cups with a very light feeding. Pot up once roots poke from drainage holes. Sorted

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GreenGalaxyFarm said:

have not successfully cloned cannabis before i have a girl outside she is 100 percent sativa
the clay soil where she is growing is not conducive to proper growth and i think she wont survive a transplant from earth to pot
i had some jiffy pellets on hand that i wont be using for germination anymore
so i ran out there and took 6 cuttings, all alive for now and one has begun rooting after 6 days in water soaked jiffy
as they are clones i don't mind which one makes it just need one as i wont find the specific strain again for a while its super important to me
no cloning gel was used
clone dome temp 29.2c
clone dome rh 88%

my questions are
how long must the roots be before i plant them into solo cups about 2.5cm the longest one
can i let it grow fairly long as to wait for the others to catch up or do i trim away after a certain length (want to acclimatize them at same time)
do i wait for light out to transplant or doesn't it matter
does power myco work well as if never run comparison tests on plants from seed before or do i go liquid
its said to not give nitrogen to cloning plants but they are turning very light even for sativa and to use flowering nutes?

I wouldn't stress about length of roots as long as they are healthy. No need to wait until lights out to transplant. The fading of some leaves is due to energy being used to create a healthy root structure. Its normal. Very light nitrogen feed like fishmix or whatever after solo cup transfer. Yewww typed out now! Clones are hardy. Patience. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

thanks brother,

yes the temp was slightly high but its hps and summer what can i do lol they might still make it tho, nice day today for rooting lol

ok so after transplant i do the indirect light to direct light things as well, no need for dark period immediately after?

i using seagro 53:7:17 how dilute would you go, 1/2 1/4 1/8th?

okay so your not doing myco as well then im not even convincedthat powder stuff even work maybe the liquid but amazon only comes in feb.

again, thanks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GreenGalaxyFarm said:

thanks brother,

yes the temp was slightly high but its hps and summer what can i do lol they might still make it tho, nice day today for rooting lol

ok so after transplant i do the indirect light to direct light things as well, no need for dark period immediately after?

i using seagro 53:7:17 how dilute would you go, 1/2 1/4 1/8th?

okay so your not doing myco as well then im not even convincedthat powder stuff even work maybe the liquid but amazon only comes in feb.

Keep clones on 18/6 or 20/4 schedule. Seagro is not suppose to burn plants. I would go half strength. Myco is good stuff. I just havent used it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Weskush said:

I'm no pro cloner but here is what i do:

Take healthy cutting. Cut at 45deg just below an internode. Immediately place in glass jar filled with water to prevent air bubbles travelling up the cut. When ready, take cutting, dip in rooting hormone and place into soaked jiffy pellet. Then into humidity dome. Spray dome's lid with water and keep vents closed. Place in indirect light for 24 hours. After 24hours place under direct light. PPFD reading 200-400. Open dome lid once or twice a day to allow fae. Keep lid sprayed with water for humidity. Temps 21-27 celcius and humidity 70%-90%. After cuttings started showing roots, start hardening them off by opening dome vents slightly more every day. If wilting occurs increase humidity by closing vents. When ready transplant into solo cups with a very light feeding. Pot up once roots poke from drainage holes. Sorted

Sounds pretty pro to me :investigating perfect advice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheLazyFisherman said:

You can foliar with seagro to get quick action😉

generally dont like to foliar with this stuff as its recommended dose leaves opaque residue on leaf. but the 1/2 dose didn't leave any so was good im going to keep feeding them foliar, so its half dose, i normally feed once a week my mothers, must i now feed twice as often the clones? or once and water foliar inbetween?

• Like 1

Some small addons ^^

I do the cut through the node or below if possible more as 45 degrees... get as much surface as possible on that cut, super sharp scissors help.. and keep all CLEAN.

I work in a certain rhythm. I cut the healthy clone off the mother, clean all leaves I do not want and reduce the leaf size.

Then it goes right into cloning gel and stays for 20-30 seconds in that gel. Stick into a wet Preforma Jiffy Plug.

Get the matching trays for the kind of Plug you use. Stands most stable and you get max amount into the clone box. One of my boxes can take 91 clones if full. 

I add 1 liter of rain water to the clone box to have the plugs standing in water and leave all openings OPEN! ^^ I do not give fertilizer to clones.. foliar or how ever ^^ The roots have to search.. 

Once the roots come through the plug, i transplant into 1.8-2.6L pots.

Usually enough water in the box till they are done, if the plugs dry out, i add water. 

Checking all 3-5 days.. so isn't big stress and I keep the box in indirect light in the veg tent at ~250 micromole PAR.

Clones.thumb.jpg.7f46cd78c261bec3d6f85f85ff7d0df2.jpg

And the left over in the clone box. I check em today or tomorrow to see if they finally rooted ^^

1477870239_clonebox.thumb.jpg.f2ffa91c32d420443e14e0b3217f9a98.jpg

Later addon: The only time i use alcohol swaps is to clean the scissor i work on clones. I work as clean as possible.

Edited by Prom
plural issues ^^ a little addon at the end
  • Like 1
  • Fire! 1

Basically the same thing.

I go straight to solo cups with my cuttings. Hydrated/buffered coco, half fill the solo cups-tamp the coco down lightly. Poke a hole and insert cutting after applying hormone powder. 3days in dome mist twice a day or more if required. Roots usually appear around day 10. Then harden off in indirect sunlight after a fishmix 50% feed, then straight to soil.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, GreenGalaxyFarm said:

is this bleach diluted? whats ipa stand for

Hand sanitizer, iso propyl alc. 70% is best.

Unscented jik, used 100-50% dilution as a wipe down or 50-10% dilution for spraydown application.

In a pinch 25gr HTH/1lt water solution or a potassium permanganate solution will work just as effectively as a sterilizing agent for tools.

• Like 2