STINKY PETE

Stinky Pete

31 minutes ago, TheLazyFisherman said:

Hwzit bru. Boland is no joke heat wise in summer, as you know no indoor during summer unless your aircon runs 24/7 😂

This year I decided to not have anything in flower indoors during December/January. Just changing up the grow schedule a bit has saved me a lot on power and AC usage, and the lack of PM/bud rot is also great 🤡

• Like 2

7 hours ago, GreenGalaxyFarm said:

Yo brother WELCOME

you'll be having to grow in the next few days hey. 

Sorted brother. There is 13 ladies standing strong. I started only beginning November, so they wont get super big

6 hours ago, TheLazyFisherman said:

Hwzit bru. Boland is no joke heat wise in summer, as you know no indoor during summer unless your aircon runs 24/7 😂

Geez dude. Im looking at the forecast and Sunday is gonna be a scorcher

6 hours ago, Ill_Evan said:

This year I decided to not have anything in flower indoors during December/January. Just changing up the grow schedule a bit has saved me a lot on power and AC usage, and the lack of PM/bud rot is also great 🤡

I tried indoor a few times but with loadshedding the way it is I just cant do it

• Like 1

Welcome @Stinky Pete

I'm in Wellington, Boland. people call this place Hellington, few places get hotter than we get it here... I grow all year long, no aircon no inverters no batteries no generators no extra fancy shit... you just gotta be able to keep your hand on them and don't go away for more than 2 days at a time. been growing indoor for over 5 years now. it just takes a bit of flexibility and knowing what you need to do. like letting the tent stand open for an hour or two when needed. Lights aren't the issue with loadshedding, fans are, and they'll only save you from PM when the RH skyrockets during loadshedding, but if your IPM is on point then you are good as gold.... 

also, photoperiods are waaaaaaaaaaay more forgiving than autos, autos are really only for the guys who make little to no mistakes, otherwise you shoot yourself in the foot thinking you gona make it easier on yourself by growing autos in an difficult situation where autos themselves even in fine tuned grow room will give you problems. 

On 12/28/2022 at 7:10 AM, Stinky Pete said:

I grow organically and prefer that to Mineral feeding. That I'll use for when i do indoor runs

whyyyyyy brother, why do that 😅 if you got a handle on organic, whyyy in the name of all that is good would you move away from organics over to synthetics? It's not 2001 anymore, "conventional" farming has got to stop, asap. we as cannabis growers / urban farmers should set the example. 

do yourself a favour and provide a looksee here 😉

F*#K SYNTHETIC FERTILIZERS, I have said this sooooo many times before, but synthetic fertilizers just shouldn't exist. and I will keep saying it for as long as it's true.

🍀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Welcome @Stinky Pete
I'm in Wellington, Boland. people call this place Hellington, few places get hotter than we get it here... I grow all year long, no aircon no inverters no batteries no generators no extra fancy shit... you just gotta be able to keep your hand on them and don't go away for more than 2 days at a time. been growing indoor for over 5 years now. it just takes a bit of flexibility and knowing what you need to do. like letting the tent stand open for an hour or two when needed. Lights aren't the issue with loadshedding, fans are, and they'll only save you from PM when the RH skyrockets during loadshedding, but if your IPM is on point then you are good as gold.... 
also, photoperiods are waaaaaaaaaaay more forgiving than autos, autos are really only for the guys who make little to no mistakes, otherwise you shoot yourself in the foot thinking you gona make it easier on yourself by growing autos in an difficult situation where autos themselves even in fine tuned grow room will give you problems. 
whyyyyyy brother, why do that if you got a handle on organic, whyyy in the name of all that is good would you move away from organics over to synthetics? It's not 2001 anymore, "conventional" farming has got to stop, asap. we as cannabis growers / urban farmers should set the example. 
do yourself a favour and provide a looksee here
 F*#K SYNTHETIC FERTILIZERS, I have said this sooooo many times before, but synthetic fertilizers just shouldn't exist. and I will keep saying it for as long as it's true.

Do you perhaps live in an old farm house with nice thick walls @Naughty.Psychonaut.
I'm other side Malmesbury and indoor temps impossible to work with.

Sent from my SM-A032F using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

Welcome @Stinky Pete

whyyyyyy brother, why do that 😅 if you got a handle on organic, whyyy in the name of all that is good would you move away from organics over to synthetics? It's not 2001 anymore, "conventional" farming has got to stop, asap. we as cannabis growers / urban farmers should set the example. 

🍀

synthetics are deadrients for sure

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

Welcome @Stinky Pete

🍀

how are you grow photoperiod indoor exactly without inverter/battery backup?

id like to make a choice between auto and photo but dot have backup how does the loadshedding and ligthing work out

what is your current temp rh

Edited by GreenGalaxyFarm
  • Like 3

I still grow indoors without any buffer to loadshedding. 

With the current stage 4/6 schedule, i run my veg on a 24h on cycle. Its not the Interrupted light cycle that causes issues during veg though , but interruptions to the 12h dark cycle during Flowering that is crucial. That 12h or more dark time is critical to the florigen hormone function responsible for stable flowering without stress responses presenting. 

When in flowering, i ignore the loadshedding times. See the loadshedding during lights on as a prolonged cloud cover. Its really not the lights that are an issue though. Its that 12h dark part of the cycle and the ventilation at that time. You need to keep the fans going during lights off/loadshedding times to avoid PM. Leaving the tent open at times when the lights would normally be on, will avert the PM. But during lights off/tent closed, airflow is that thing that HAS to still happen or PM will wreck your grow within a week. 

Edited by Totemic
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2

12 hours ago, West Coast Vaper said:

Do you perhaps live in an old farm house with nice thick walls @Naughty.Psychonaut.

brother, my grow setup is in a wendy house outside. but I did insulate the wendy with the stuff they use for ceilings. thick white foamalite boards.

will look for a photo real quick, there are some photos up on one of my threads. I am not home now, otherwise I'll just show you when I get home. 

🤙

• Like 3

9 hours ago, GreenGalaxyFarm said:

how are you grow photoperiod indoor exactly without inverter/battery backup?

WAAAAAAAAAY easier than autos man 😅 

totemic explains it nicely.

you only need to worry about RH.

all you need to know is when loadshedding hits it will NEVER extend your light hours, only shorten them. 

the worst loadshedding has been is 2x 3hr plus 1x 2hr breaks. that's 8hrs of darkness in 24hrs, so I just pull out my timers and let the lights be on for the remainder of the time. gives me 16/8 schedule still good for vegging. you just flip the little switch on the timer that leaves it on 24/7, loadshedding itself will control your cycle. 

if you can get a inverter+battery pack just to run a circulation fan and extraction fan for at least 3 hours then you one step ahead of me and I still have a harvest every 3 months with my 2 tent perpetual cycle. 

😉

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Totemic said:

Its that 12h dark part of the cycle and the ventilation at that time. You need to keep the fans going during lights off/loadshedding times to avoid PM.

This is very important during the Summer months. Ventilation is crucial during loadshedding at the very least. Even just 4 hours of 100% humidity caused a couple of my nuggets to rot. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

ok im following what you are saying my initial thought was that they will hermie and so i never considered the actual on/off after that.

another q; if you run a dehu (12l) during power on will it help during lights off with rh level(currently 40)? room size 4.5x3.5, im looking to not spend as much and was planning on having a dehu by time plants go into flower. so then fans also only run during lights on no batteries✌️

Edited by GreenGalaxyFarm
  • Like 1

On 12/30/2022 at 5:36 PM, West Coast Vaper said:

Malmesbury is also hot. I work there now and then

• Like 1

On 12/30/2022 at 5:48 AM, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

Welcome @Stinky Pete

🍀

I use mineral for indoor only because its fun and i like doing the calculations of ph etc. For me ,indoor is more "something" to do while outdoor is finished and also when DayZ get on my nerves i need something else to do... 

I have always and will always stick to organic when it comes to outdoor.

• Like 1

@Stinky Pete have you seen that "kiss the soil" documentary? 

I wont keep hammering on, but please do a background check on the impact the sourcing, manufacturing and use of synthetic nutrients has on our planet and everything that lives on it. 

I know this conversation always leads to "show proof" and "we want a link to research that's valid" so I go one step ahead of myself and drop them here

few PHD and master degree holders on this one

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/331132826_The_Impact_of_Chemical_Fertilizers_on_our_Environment_and_Ecosystem

here is another 

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/327794401_Nitrate_and_Nitrite_in_Health_and_Disease

here is a link that'll give you a pdf with some more info

https://www.health.state.mn.us/communities/environment/water/docs/contaminants/nitratmethemog.pdf

• Like 1

Yeah man I like to make that fire burn briiiiiiiiight!!!! 🔥🔥🔥 

I could go on for days and days and days about all this, but really why I feel the way I do is because I have a family member sitting at a desk at a big agricultural based firm, they deal a lot with monitoring the impact of the use of these "conventional" fertilizers. and to be honest, it's sad that when we say "conventional" we refer to synthetic fertilizers. It's alarming that there are still farmers out there who'll turn a blind eye to this. Aren't farmers supposed to be the good guys? They certainly carry that badge proudly and arrogantly. 😅

It's 2023 now, no more need to get stuck in old ways, the way forward is getting away from creating a demand for synthetic fertilizers.

• Like 1
  • Fire! 1