Indoor Newbie - first run

ChrisCPT

Okay, thought I would somewhat document my first indoor attempt. The plants were potted up to 7l pots on Wednesday and moved from the mother/clone box on Friday to the grow room. Seems as though they are enjoying the 600w MH.

Some pics for context.

Before transplant

20220227_005545.thumb.jpg.312d730f9a8b8f46d1246243302c38fb.jpg

20220227_005530.thumb.jpg.2ee182ee68eb83feb9b9688301be6ef4.jpg20220227_005537.thumb.jpg.5ee944499a83161028f7444b305558be.jpg

Transplant - could probably have done it sooner

IMG-20220302-WA0016.thumb.jpg.87885851d25893e088b3549c86844666.jpgIMG-20220302-WA0013.thumb.jpg.7f5cfa9c7085db0a8113b4e926ccb1a4.jpg

20220302_234626.thumb.jpg.1f09246ee9d2445c87c8ff57492ed5f7.jpg20220302_234644.thumb.jpg.077f528d18a3ed05a46020a3fc705918.jpg

After the move

20220304_211642.thumb.jpg.0bf48512b7ff91f18f847073b7ca2b9e.jpg20220304_211707.thumb.jpg.4dbc82b87bdfcd2c753cbf3fcf59237d.jpg

Two weeks and I plan on potting them up in their final pots. Will then switch on the second 600w light and have them fill the space.

Keep safe!

• Like 8

1 hour ago, ORGANinc. said:

Looking nice bud! These plants are set up for success. What are you feeding these girls and what soil are you using? Did you mention in another thread what genetics you were growing there?

Hey

Thanks! Still early days, but happy thus far.

Coco/perlite mix from Freedom Farms.

Feeding Canna A and B, a smidge of silica and a touch of Calmag.

These maidens are all Mango Sapphire from Humboldt. Will only flower the best 8 of the 10. Two pheno's clearly standing out already from a veg perspective. Hope to find 1 keeper amongst them.

Started adding a light dose of Canna Pro Amino Boost on Saturday. But a bit concerned about having this stand in the reservoir. I feed daily, but mix a fresh batch every 4 days, and keep a water pump and air pump in the rez to circulate. Any experience with having Amino Boost sitting in a rez for a few days? Reason for concern is that it turns the feed a slight brown color (not an issue), and after a day it went a bit cloudy (more of a concern).

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ChrisCPT said:

Hey

These maidens are all Mango Sapphire from Humboldt. Will only flower the best 8 of the 10. Two pheno's clearly standing out already from a veg perspective. Hope to find 1 keeper amongst them.

Started adding a light dose of Canna Pro Amino Boost on Saturday. But a bit concerned about having this stand in the reservoir. I feed daily, but mix a fresh batch every 4 days, and keep a water pump and air pump in the rez to circulate. Any experience with having Amino Boost sitting in a rez for a few days? Reason for concern is that it turns the feed a slight brown color (not an issue), and after a day it went a bit cloudy (more of a concern).

Howzit man, cool nice stuff, i'm not too sure about the mixing amino boost and leaving it stand, this i'm sure other forum members will chime in and give you the answers.

The colour change is something to note though, I do not have a clue, but I think given the circumstance I wouldn't lol, just maybe add it in with each watering and leave the rest to sit as you do.

Cool man all the best, look forward to following along/ :-rollitup

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ORGANinc. said:

Howzit man, cool nice stuff, i'm not too sure about the mixing amino boost and leaving it stand, this i'm sure other forum members will chime in and give you the answers.

The colour change is something to note though, I do not have a clue, but I think given the circumstance I wouldn't lol, just maybe add it in with each watering and leave the rest to sit as you do.

Cool man all the best, look forward to following along/ :-rollitup

Thanks for the advice

Even though it is not ideal from a "time management" perspective, I will do this until someone can confirm it is okay to have it sit in the rez.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChrisCPT said:

Hey

The Amino mix I use, if added to a res with air stones turns to a weird sludge / gel, similar to a kombucha scoby, in particular around the air stone.

Not sure whether it is a good or bad thing, however it will clog pipes on automatic watering systems and also stops your airstones from working properly. You need to peel that stuff off the airstones and then try clean it up still.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My previous grow I used a res and Blumats to feed my plants. I found when adding the amino and silica in slowly(drop by drop) to my mixture it was less cloudy and pipes didn't get clogged as often. I thought it was the silica clogging my pipes

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PsyCLown said:

The Amino mix I use, if added to a res with air stones turns to a weird sludge / gel, similar to a kombucha scoby, in particular around the air stone.

Not sure whether it is a good or bad thing, however it will clog pipes on automatic watering systems and also stops your airstones from working properly. You need to peel that stuff off the airstones and then try clean it up still.

Kinda my experience exactly! Did you notice any negative effects on plants themselves.. apart from the 'hardware issues' that is?

Don't know if I like that shit. I like things clean and sparkly 🤣

4 hours ago, CoolJ said:

My previous grow I used a res and Blumats to feed my plants. I found when adding the amino and silica in slowly(drop by drop) to my mixture it was less cloudy and pipes didn't get clogged as often. I thought it was the silica clogging my pipes

Cool

With the silica (excluding any Amino) my res goes cloudy once I add the canna A and B... but as soon as I adjust the PH down to acceptable level the water goes back to clear .

But Amino makes it a slight brown and after a day some froth on top, slightly cloudy and a bit slimy for lack of a better word.

Think I will just feed it separately once in a while going forward. And not add it to the res itself. Take out 10l from the res for example and just add it in there and feed. Will f@ck with my automatic watering plans, but a a manual watering once a week was ons the cards in any case

13 hours ago, ChrisCPT said:

Kinda my experience exactly! Did you notice any negative effects on plants themselves.. apart from the 'hardware issues' that is?

Don't know if I like that shit. I like things clean and sparkly 🤣

Nah, no negatives for the plants. If you want clean and sparkly, stay away from organic stuff.

The amino mix I use has molasses in it and not even sure what else, but that is the source of the slimy stuff.

Silica you need to be careful with. Too much can cause lockout issues and adding it in the incorrect order can cause nutes to precipitate out of solution which makes it unavailable to the plants.

I have now stopped using silica again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PsyCLown said:

Nah, no negatives for the plants. If you want clean and sparkly, stay away from organic stuff.

The amino mix I use has molasses in it and not even sure what else, but that is the source of the slimy stuff.

Silica you need to be careful with. Too much can cause lockout issues and adding it in the incorrect order can cause nutes to precipitate out of solution which makes it unavailable to the plants.

I have now stopped using silica again.

Warning about the silica noted. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice!! 🤘 

some IPM treatments you can still do during the first 2 to 3 weeks after flip, depending on how harsh the treatment is. it's really only once the pistils come in that you have to worry to spray something that'll stunt the flower production. 

I've seen something as mild as a full dose of Neem completely toast all my pistils, buds stopped forming for about a month, when the plant finally flowered she made a bunch of poo weed. 

though, you could still spray Neem till you see pistils which will only be around week 3. if it's something like a contact killer like Pyrol rather stay clear from day one of flip. 

on the other hand, biological stuff like AQSF you can spray at any time. it's just distilled water with living organisms in it. you could also introduce predatory mites at any time. I see a lot of people working with predatory mites these days. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Evening @Naughty.Psychonaut

11 days into flower.. 

Had a hiccup after spraying Tenazole.. used a low dosage as recommended but plants did not take well to it at all. Cost me a two weeks extra veg for them to recover. Lesson learned.

Anyhow, they seem to be over the worst of it.

Pics at flip

20220420_212254.thumb.jpg.68f9eadfc40bb545ecd58fc93020283e.jpg

20220420_212304.thumb.jpg.f888bf98a4e203ffaf7bbf1d6fc54294.jpg

Some pics taken Saturday night after swapping the MH bulbs for HPS

20220423_230608.thumb.jpg.52b9d657367d9dae2ea500dd41ee644f.jpg 

20220423_230611.thumb.jpg.cd028dbeb796c2a5ceedc7e24fe56b04.jpg

Planning on doing a big clean up and defol tomorrow night.

• Like 5