Help needed

unleashed186

Question

7 answers to this question

@unleashed186 

what's up buddy, you new here?

So, about your plant. You'll be the one to ask if that could've been caused by heat alone, because you're growing the plant and the only issue you're giving us is the heat thing... so that's all we have to work with... if you say nothing else was out of the ordinary then it must have been scorching hot.

Here is why I don't think it was the heat alone - Living under the African Sun, down in the Winelands, a whole bunch of our cannabis ladies, that are healthy and have all other environmental conditions in check, endure heat waves up to 45°C without ending up looking like that. 

for us to know if it was just heat, we need to know a few more things, such as 

- was the plant watered when the burn occured? 

- was there any airflow helping to cool the plant? 

- what soil is that plant growing in?

- what nutrients do you use? how much of it and how often?

You see, heat can cause that, if there is not enough water present that the plant can use to cool itself. When the leaves are saggy becsause the plant hasn't been watered + a super hot day = a crispy plant. If you plant is in a pot that's standing above ground and the pot has become rootbound and the pot heats up too much you could risk toasting roots and that could be the problem. On the other hand, if the plant did have water, but was standing by a window or under a light where the heat went up to 45°C and over without any airflow, essentially an easy bake oven, then yeah that could also cause you a crispy plant. 

Let's look at the other side of the story. That could also be "hot soil", not meaning the soil has high temperature, but rather that it has too many nutrients that are available for the plant and the plant can't use them all. For us to guage that, we would need to know more about your soil and watering/feeding regime. 

It could quite simply be a ph issue aswell, if your ph swings out of range the plant will lock out nutrients and that can also make your plant curl up and turn to a crisp. 

soooo many variables at play when growing a plant, but if you're only gona mention that there was some heat issues then that's all we have to work with so generally people will just assume you already know that the rest of the stuff is in check. 

• Like 3

As @Naughty.Psychonaut already outlined, I also don't think heat alone is the problem, maybe a combination of things as he stated above. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think heat stress is usally indicated with crispy curling upward leaves, judging by the pics and this is a long shot without much info, it looks like continuous nute burn. But that's only one variation. Ph, water practices, very low RH, nutes, and heat can all play a part in the issue

Edited by Marzcanna
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1