Another noob ready to learn

Rsa

Well bro beans - you have literally come to the right place, this community has been turning Noobs into novices into pros!!

stick around and ask all the questions you need to my man, being part of the community also opens up doors to some quality strains and amazing knowledge sharing.

• Like 6

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Rsa said:

So I tried a space bucket, got disalusioned so quickly. Anyway looking at a tent 600 x 600 x1400. With a Samsung 110w led. Would this give decent results ? 

Tell us about your disillusion, what happened with the space bucket grow?

You could do one decent plant with that tent and light I rate. 

So what really got my interest with space buckets was space saving and cost. I personally think space will always be a issue for growing. With cost, 85w cfl are R175 each for the cheapest. Once the cost of fans, fittings bucket cost is all factored in you would not be far from buying a Samsung 110w and a 600 x600 x 1400 tent. So I'm my opinion I should of gone this route from the beginning. Would freedom farm potting soul be adequate for a tent grow ? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rsa said:

So I tried a space bucket, got disalusioned so quickly. Anyway looking at a tent 600 x 600 x1400. With a Samsung 110w led. Would this give decent results ? 

That is really small, I'd say go at least 1m x 1m and generally the 110W lights are the ones with just a flat aluminium plate not no fins on the heatsink. I would suggest you avoid such a light and get one which has some proper heatsinks with fins to more efficient cooling.

Although tell us what happened, then perhaps we can advise better.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Rsa said:

So what really got my interest with space buckets was space saving and cost. I personally think space will always be a issue for growing. With cost, 85w cfl are R175 each for the cheapest. Once the cost of fans, fittings bucket cost is all factored in you would not be far from buying a Samsung 110w and a 600 x600 x 1400 tent. So I'm my opinion I should of gone this route from the beginning. Would freedom farm potting soul be adequate for a tent grow ? 

this sounds all too familiar! 😅 

also learned the hard way that make-shift projects can quickly become more expensive than conventional or commercial solutions. 9 times out of 10 make-shift solutions are also not as efficient either and can become a headache in time. 

you making the right choice by going with the proper equipment, you won't regret it! 

were the millers no ragrets GIF

I agree with Evan, FF green bag with biobloom is the way to go!! 💪 

perhaps add BioGrow and Fishmix to the list of things you'll need, however you will need a lot less of these two, but once there's N deficiency it's good to have those on hand and not have to run around wasting time to get the stuff to save your plants. N deficiency is probably the most common deficiency you'll run into if you giving plain water for most of your grow. BioBloom is not the right nutrients to give for N deficiency. 

• Fire! 1

6 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

110W lights are the ones with just a flat aluminium plate not no fins on the heatsink

I also thought about that but figured due to the size of the tent to not recommend otherwise. At least it's the right diodes 😅 Maybe he's lucky and it's got a proper heatsink like the one I have on my 120W QB. It is a good point though, those budget LEDs with the flat aluminium plates as a heatsink are dogshit and get super hot. One guy told me his experience where his LED like this even shocked him if he accidentally brushed past it, but that was a freak case 😶

• Wow 1

4 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

That is really small, I'd say go at least 1m x 1m and generally the 110W lights are the ones with just a flat aluminium plate not no fins on the heatsink. I would suggest you avoid such a light and get one which has some proper heatsinks with fins to more efficient cooling.

Although tell us what happened, then perhaps we can advise better.

like the ladies say, bigger is always better, hey? 😅 

think he mentioned that space is a issue, not sure in what way it's an issue. if he needs more space to fit a tent or if the tents are too small.

@Rsa if you need more space you should save up for bigger tent and light, but if you can't fit a big tent in your space then you good with the small one.

I was gona go in the deep with stories on my first grow setups and how I got where I am now, but I think it's the same for most of us. we all start somewhere 🤘

• Like 1

Regret going the bucket route. There is always some sort of sacrifice. I'm looking to only grow 1-2 plants. That's why I thought I would get an appropriate size tent and light, I haven't bought anything yet. So I'm all ears and ready to learn from the pros 

• Like 1

I would also recommend going bigger 😃 but if you got the space and cash what would be best is setting up for perpetual cycle. veg space and flower space of equal size. you could go with a bigger flower space, but then you have to veg in your flower space aswell to fill the space. 

to minimize time you want to fill and empty the space as quick as possible, best way to do that is to have them same size. flower the full one, take that 3 months to veg the other one side to side, once full just flip and carry on flowering while you fill up the other space again. 

Edited by Naughty.Psychonaut

check out this one 

https://growopz.com/products/qb-130v2-3000k 

130w for cheaper also with samsung diodes and it's bar style so they don't heat up at all. I got a bar one myself. 

you can request the HLG driver as it comes with XLG, you might just have to email them and ask if it fits a 60x60 tent

note the 3000k will be yellow for flower specific and the 3333k slightly more blue for veg but you could also flower under that. 

Edited by Naughty.Psychonaut
  • Fire! 1

57 minutes ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

the 120w from light it up with the heat sink is the one with the samsung diodes. that's the one you want 🤙 

I'm running a 120w from lightitup in a 60x60 for my clones and early veg and I do feel the light is overkill for the space and could veg 80cm or even 1m. 

As for Flowering. Because the light is overkill, and because the tent is only 1.4m high, with the light right at the top of the tent, you going to need some serious training, and even smaller pots to keep Flowering plants small enough to fit in the right zone of light

• Fire! 1

2 hours ago, Rsa said:

So the 120w is out of stock, any thoughts on the mars hydro ts600 ? It's within the same price range.it's rated at 100w did not see any heat sinks though. Thanks for the info @Totemic

I think the TS600 would work fine in your 0.6x0.6 tent. Even if you got the 120W QB you probably would have wanted to run it at 100W anyways. The housing of the TS600 basically acts as a heatsink on it's own. 

If someone who has actually owned this LED can comment, that'd be great, but on paper it seems fine to me. 

• Like 1