Clone suppliers

Bakstein420

• 6 months later...
19 hours ago, mitypj24 said:

Any places to get clones in Jhb North?

Green Thumb Hydro looks like my only option so far.

What you looking for and how many? 

You can try www.seedandclone.co.za 

They seem new to the scene, usually new guys are eager to do a good job (except Cannabist that one time 🙄)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Ill_Evan said:

What you looking for and how many? 

You can try www.seedandclone.co.za 

They seem new to the scene, usually new guys are eager to do a good job (except Cannabist that one time 🙄)

You would think so right...

I ordered 5 clones yesterday and paid for them.

I haven't received any order confirmation, the order still says payment outstanding on their site and I emailed them the proof of payment (snapscan screenshot) and they haven't responded to me...
So lets give it a few more days and I will update this thread as to whether they are scammers who have taken my R1000 or if they legit.... so far not looking good with zero commmunication.

cannacuts.co.za is closed - not suprised though, the last clones I got from them came compliments with PM on them.

cannaclone.co.za also now seems closed.

Edited by DesignatedDave
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, DesignatedDave said:

I haven't received any order confirmation, the order still says payment outstanding on their site and I emailed them the proof of payment (snapscan screenshot) and they haven't responded to me...
So lets give it a few more days and I will update this thread as to whether they are scammers who have taken my R1000 or if they legit.... so far not looking good with zero commmunication.

cannacuts.co.za is closed - not suprised though, the last clones I got from them came compliments with PM on them.

cannaclone.co.za also now seems closed.

Aw fuck man. I was only hooked onto them through Instagram recently and thought they looked legit. Let me know what happens. 

• Like 1

On 9/5/2023 at 8:05 AM, Ill_Evan said:

(except Cannabist that one time 🙄)

gave me a good laugh with this one 😅 shots fired! hahah are they even still operating? I remember they made a comeback, but never heard of them again. 

15 hours ago, DesignatedDave said:

the last clones I got from them came compliments with PM on them.

Some growers are religious about treating any clone like it's riddled with disease and pests even if they come from a higher standard facility than yours - tons of people don't take in any clones unless it's something they really reeeeeeeeeally looking for, because of that reason. 

I used to not care, though I was always aware of this, I just went on about my shit the way I wanted, till it hit me square in the bek. 

Now I also shock treat and quarantine any outside clones. As soon as they come on my property I make a 3L bucket of 50% Pyrol, keep my hand over the pot with plant between fingers as if you going to take it out for repot, but then just keep it in the pot and dunk and swirl the whole plant in the 50%pyrol mix, then I leave the plant in the garden or just somewhere that makes sense.

I only say "somewhere that makes sense", cause some of the stuff I have heard and seen is just................. yeah 🤣 

Anyway, yeah trust me, a shock treatment with a contact killer and a quarantine will keep you safe. 

sometimes, infact a majority of the time, you wouldn't see the trouble, because facilities that supply clones do weekly IPM and what not, so if there's any pest or fungal pressure you wouldn't see it right away, but skip like 1 or 2 weeks of IPM and the problem will take host. this means when you take a plant out of that invironment you carrying all kinds of unhatched pest eggs, unsprouted mold spores and all that shit with the plant that would've been curbed by the IPM, but now there's no IPM so the eggs will hatch and the spores will germinate. and if you working with microbes and get to understand how they operate, let's take PM spores for instance. the PM you get is not the same PM the guy from the next town over gets. It's the same genetic structure but a different phenotype (just like with plants and all other living things basically) they mutate and adapt to different conditions. this is why in KNF you hear a lot about incorporating IMO into your soil, cause the micro organisms that are indiginous to your area are not the same as the micro organisms that thrive in a different area. that's why you get different kinds of flu and other diseases. they're the same thing, but they mutated in different conditions so they end up being classified as two different things. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

gave me a good laugh with this one 😅 shots fired! hahah are they even still operating? I remember they made a comeback, but never heard of them again. 

Some growers are religious about treating any clone like it's riddled with disease and pests even if they come from a higher standard facility than yours - tons of people don't take in any clones unless it's something they really reeeeeeeeeally looking for, because of that reason. 

I used to not care, though I was always aware of this, I just went on about my shit the way I wanted, till it hit me square in the bek. 

Now I also shock treat and quarantine any outside clones. As soon as they come on my property I make a 3L bucket of 50% Pyrol, keep my hand over the pot with plant between fingers as if you going to take it out for repot, but then just keep it in the pot and dunk and swirl the whole plant in the 50%pyrol mix, then I leave the plant in the garden or just somewhere that makes sense.

I only say "somewhere that makes sense", cause some of the stuff I have heard and seen is just................. yeah 🤣 

Anyway, yeah trust me, a shock treatment with a contact killer and a quarantine will keep you safe. 

So I've never had a bad clone from cannaclone.co.za
Up until this last order of Apple Blossom Clones, I've never had an issue with cannacut.co.za clones (30 odd clones ordered in total)

What did however bother me, was Cannacut's response to me bringing the PM to their attention:

whatsapp1.thumb.png.a7bface2b8af4411c3c43fd2ecb76f90.png

whatsapp2.thumb.png.bae11bc89e19b46b5ab492579f2e42ee.png

Yeah...so... lets not do that... 

I pretty much did a similar "bathing" technique of these Apple Blossom clones, but with 2% hydrogen peroxide, then just a continual weekly treatment of AQ-SF.

However I must say that I fucking hate growing from seeds... germinating seeds is my handicap in growing cannabis. I just went through R4000's worth of seeds (Humbolt Blueberry miffin and Humbolt Hella Jelly) and I can only get them to go as far as pushing the Cotyledons up out the seed and then they just fucking die. I am terrible at germinating them, but that's ok,  I'm ok with it, because on the other hand, when I have successfully grown from seed, my OCD does not like the same strain, but different Pheno's in the same tent... my meds are not nearly strong enough to deal with that shit.

I much prefer growing from clones every single time and I have no problem paying for good clones with good genetics.
Clones cut a full month off of the veg time, from seed you need like 60 days veg before flowering, from clone it's at the same point in 30 days, then flip, giving essentially 4 indoor grow cycles a year. I also like the consistency of growing 4 of the exact same plant each time, its OCD friendly 😄

I would rather pay someone who is good at their skills of growing from seed to clone, than me stumbling around like a duck with a rake wasting shittons of money on seeds that just die in my hands. Yeah sure there are the risks of getting bad clones or ones with PM, but statistically, I've only had 4 clones with PM out of 40 odd clones I've ordered, that's a 90% success rate vs my 0% germination rate. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by DesignatedDave
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, DesignatedDave said:

However I must say that I fucking hate growing from seeds... germinating seeds is my handicap in growing cannabis. I just went through R4000's worth of seeds (Humbolt Blueberry miffin and Humbolt Hella Jelly) and I can only get them to go as far as pushing the Cotyledons up out the seed and then they just fucking die. I am terrible at germinating them, but that's ok,  I'm ok with it, because on the other hand, when I have successfully grown from seed, my OCD does not like the same strain, but different Pheno's in the same tent... my meds are not nearly strong enough to deal with that shit.

I much prefer growing from clones every single time and I have no problem paying for good clones with good genetics.
Clones cut a full month off of the veg time, from seed you need like 60 days veg before flowering, from clone it's at the same point in 30 days, then flip, giving essentially 4 indoor grow cycles a year. I also like the consistency of growing 4 of the exact same plant each time, its OCD friendly 😄

This makes a lot of sense. Exactly why for my next run I'm educating myself and gearing up to keep a mother, and become a man of the clone culture. As of now I've only grown R80 seeds from local breeders, and even when those seeds didn't pop I was bummed. Especially considering I have a heating mat etc. I'd give up if 4k worth of seeds died on me 💀 

My next grow I want to get ~R200 a seed US/NL genetics. Nobody wants to buy seeds at that price every time they want to grow more premium genetics, only to have some pop and some don't. Just makes more sense to buy premium genetics once, select the best pheno and just make clones from then on.

Plus all the other benefits with clones being identical, and the shorter veg time. Makes sense to me now why most experienced growers on this forum just run clones, consistency :-puffin

Edited by AK-47 Gold Arabesque
grammar xd
  • Like 2

On 9/6/2023 at 3:07 PM, DesignatedDave said:

So I've never had a bad clone from cannaclone.co.za
Up until this last order of Apple Blossom Clones, I've never had an issue with cannacut.co.za clones (30 odd clones ordered in total)

What did however bother me, was Cannacut's response to me bringing the PM to their attention:

whatsapp1.thumb.png.a7bface2b8af4411c3c43fd2ecb76f90.png

whatsapp2.thumb.png.bae11bc89e19b46b5ab492579f2e42ee.png

Yeah...so... lets not do that... 

I pretty much did a similar "bathing" technique of these Apple Blossom clones, but with 2% hydrogen peroxide, then just a continual weekly treatment of AQ-SF.

I would rather pay someone who is good at their skills of growing from seed to clone, than me stumbling around like a duck with a rake wasting shittons of money on seeds that just die in my hands. Yeah sure there are the risks of getting bad clones or ones with PM, but statistically, I've only had 4 clones with PM out of 40 odd clones I've ordered, that's a 90% success rate vs my 0% germination rate. 🤷‍♂️

Aaah yeah that response shows a lot 🤦‍♂️ that's just like I said, the clones don't have pm when they there in their facility or grow space, cause their IPM just kinda "masks" it, this is why most clone suppliers can claim "mold and pest free clones" though the mold spores are there, they just waiting to get out the pressure area so they can take host. 

always a thing with taking in new clones, but it helps when you got the ones you like and clone them yourself, will save some money too and potentially some more time. have seen dudes let their clones get big enough that they repot and flip right away, so every cycle is like 8 to 12 weeks max. so if you in charge of the clones and their conditions you can reeeeeally pump those consecutive harvests. also - higher amount of clones = less time to fill the space. like a perpetual S.O.G. system. 

Heheheee yeah popping seeds can be a head scratcher, but I can make you a big bet that it won't hurt you or your craft to learn how to 😉😁

I think we all paid some school fees there too! Gotta say in the "wold of weed" the next thing I learned to just smoking the buds was popping the seeds. Although being bag seeds I went through about.... ah I can't give a number, like a shit ton of seeds, sometimes failing and then ending up reading and "researching" some stuff till a point where I felt confident. Got my 1st breeder seeds I coughed up some $ for, got enough for 2 runs. 1st run popped 4 seeds got 100% germ rate, 2cnd run I toasted all the rest of the seeds 🤣 

It helps that I am a complete weed nerd. back i. the 2010's people around me would always toss their seeds and stems on the ground, but I always had a jar filled with just stems and a jar filled with bags of all the different "strains" bag seeds. I was always holy about the seeds as if all seeds contain some unicorn. I would sometimes just sit and look at the seeds with a magnifier and look at the little nuances and shit, same way I do with buds and stuff so yeah complete nerd in that regard. I had a kak klomp seeds to mess around with and still I paid school fees when I bought my first 🤦‍♂️ 

The seed pop thing only became real important to me when I learned about phenos. Like that graph that shows when someone starts out they go climbing the mountain of knowledge and resources and when they get down the other side they realise it's all the same and everythings very very simple. You can replace the start of someones weed growing journey as "popping seeds is cool" and then we all go through a phase of thinking "clones are the only way" untill the reason why even the best of the best growers still popping new seeds becomes clearer it will make more and more sense to learn the ins and outs of popping some seeds, cause that's really the only way to find a unicorn. 

rerunning clones, even if they're unicorns, they get run out and "watered" down. Like the Jedi's Code thing. The breeders cut looked like 3d printed futuristic buds and I got real excited about it, now I've seen 100 people grow it and it just looks like some "good weed" all happened in like 1 years time. 😅 the Jedi was a unicorn, till the clone flooded the masses.

And again the same "climb the mountain only to climb down again - graph thing", people start out wanting to grow enough for themselves so they focus on quantity till they get it, then realise they can focus on quality of that quantity now that you got one down time to upscale on quality, till you get those two both down then you start paying attention to keeping a stable so you always have a jar or two filled with some of your favourite flavours (those will be the clones) while hunting down your own unicorn by popping new seeds the whole time. 

On 9/6/2023 at 4:03 PM, AK-47 Gold Arabesque said:

This makes a lot of sense. Exactly why for my next run I'm educating myself and gearing up to keep a mother, and become a man of the clone culture. As of now I've only grown R80 seeds from local breeders, and even when those seeds didn't pop I was bummed. Especially considering I have a heating mat etc. I'd give up if 4k worth of seeds died on me 💀 

My next grow I want to get ~R200 a seed US/NL genetics. Nobody wants to buy seeds at that price every time they want to grow more premium genetics, only to have some pop and some don't. Just makes more sense to buy premium genetics once, select the best pheno and just make clones from then on.

Plus all the other benefits with clones being identical, and the shorter veg time. Makes sense to me now why most experienced growers on this forum just run clones, consistency :-puffin

Brother! 😁 I actually see it the other way around, mostly new seeds being popped on the forum here, but there are few dudes who rerun a few clones. I do too, but the dudes who grow mostly clones and don't pop seeds are more the blackmarket growers that want kilos of the exact same stuff every time, or people who supply others. I think most people who grow for themself will get sick of smoking more than 50g of the same stuff whole time.

On the seed pricing and quality - Check out Totemics stuff. 

As of the last, let's say, 10 to 15 years the american breeders completely blew the dutch breeders out the water. Though, if you knew the laws around cannabis in the NL it actually makes a lot of sense, everyone always got excited about the laws around cannabis in Amsterdam, but they have actually got some extremely strict laws around it that leaves a lot of grey area. It was always seen as the cannabis capital of the world, but it's like a paradox how the leniency of their laws have supressed the development of cannabis. 

Anyway, in the last 5 years or so, Arjan and his team at Green House Seed Co have made a big comeback, going out of his way to change how the dutch have been doing it for yeeeeeeeeeeaars. but the best stuff still comes out the US. Spain bringing the 🔥🔥🔥 too, Ripper being a big one. 

Now getting back to the local 🔥🔥🔥 just check the lineage of the stuff Totemic is working with. 

There are local breeders out here gona make you cut a testicle out for a seed or two, but if you do the background checks and all that you will see. 🤩😉 

Those R80 local seeds could have been a cheaper seed and it would have given you MUCH higher quality end product than you got from the ginger ape stuff. 

I always use Biltong and Buds as a good example. They stock legit breeder packs at high price and and and, but they also got the exact same "genetic" in their own pack available for R50. Whatever it said on the pack, it's not that. Not at all. Nothing close to it. I use BnB as an example but soooooo many local seed banks do this to keep head above water. though I hate supporting commercial / corporate, those are one of the ethic rules I live by and I support others with good ethics and that's what it comes down to. Someone with passion and a want to do it will have good ethics. Commercial companies who just chasing the $$$ will have less ethical values, cause it's its own entity, it's not a persons face and moral values attached to a brand, so they feel like they can get away with walking over their supporters. Also because a healthy majority of SA is still stensitized to cannabis and completely new to this whole thing, so none of this would even be a glimmer of a thought to most of their customers. 

• Like 2

On 9/5/2023 at 5:29 PM, DesignatedDave said:

So just an update on this, my clones from www.seedandclone.co.za arrived this morning 😄, they gave me an extra clone and they all look very healthy.

So yeah, they are legit, you can order clones from, they just lack a little communication, but the clones from them look good.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
59 minutes ago, Voden said:

Hi all 

Looking at getting some clones, gone though a lot of the suggested sites, and most are out of stock.

Has anyone tried https://potted.co.za/, have a decent little range.

Or if anyone knows of other places that have not yet being mentioned. 

What kinda clones are you looking for? Like what kinda strains? 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Ill_Evan said:

What kinda clones are you looking for? Like what kinda strains? 

Yo man, ah I'm not to fussy, anything with decent yield size, THC content 20-25%.

An intermediate grower friendly, if that makes sense.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Voden said:

Yo man, ah I'm not to fussy, anything with decent yield size, THC content 20-25%.

An intermediate grower friendly, if that makes sense.  

Can try www.seedandclone.co.za

Seems like some intermediate growers here have found success with them. 

I hadn't heard of https://potted.co.za/ until now. 

At the end of the day, there's a lot of people trying to break into the industry and we have an opportunity to support certain people early on. I personally don't require a clone service but I see where it can help some people a lot who can't take their own clones. 

So when you do choose a service, tell us about it here and let us know about your grow too maybe in a grow diary. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ill_Evan said:

Can try www.seedandclone.co.za

Seems like some intermediate growers here have found success with them. 

I hadn't heard of https://potted.co.za/ until now. 

At the end of the day, there's a lot of people trying to break into the industry and we have an opportunity to support certain people early on. I personally don't require a clone service but I see where it can help some people a lot who can't take their own clones. 

So when you do choose a service, tell us about it here and let us know about your grow too maybe in a grow diary. 

OK Ill have a look at seedandclone, thanks for the intel there. 
I also found https://greensmokeroomseeds.com/ I see they have some sort of presence in SA.

I will def need to make a choose soon and I will keep yall updated. 

A grow dairy seems intimidating for me 🥲

But ill see, thanks again. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Voden said:

Yo man, neither I'm in the Eastern Cape, Port Elizabeth.

There is little presence here, or that I know of at least. 

Contact Dagga Farmacy. Natie, the founder, and his son is currently traveling all over SA and with each journey they announce self deliviries or courier options, so they do spread far and wide.

Natie is a guru, true to the plant through and through. He's been in this industry longer than most. He's one of the lecturers for Cheeba in many of their courses, he got his fingers in the start up of Qure Analytics, Dagga Famracy is also protected by FOGFA, who's also protected by SAHPRA. Majority of their strains are phenohunted and they always have new stuff they still working through. Dagga Farmacy gotta be one of the most legit clone suppliers in SA. All the other names just come and go, fluctuating reports and strange service situations. 

They're a family run business, about a 1 min drive from my house, been there more times than I can count. You can contact them and chat with them if you wana know more about the background of their stuff, nothing but love and passion for thw plant there. Here's their current availability list blowing any competition right out the water, and it gets updated weekly, they mean business. You can even buy ready to flower sized plants.  😉 

20231013_091721.thumb.jpg.bca68359d43483cf85368429f3202df1.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2