Mixing order of TriPart nutes (GHE / TA)

PsyCLown

Soo, some friends and I were discussing mixing of the GHE / TA TriPart nutes.

One mentioned they were told to add the Micro last. The Grow Guru website states to add the Micro first.

I personally never paid much attention to the order I mixed the nutes into the water in, so I decided to reach out to GHE (now Terra Aquatica) to see what they have to say and this is the response I received from them.

A bit different to what my friend was told years ago and to what Grow Guru say.
Personally, I'd rather follow the advice from TA directly as they're the ones who make the nutes and should hopefully know the best way to mix it.

image_2021-08-04_123914.png.7a5cf1608798cbd74329359ee3314f55.png

I think this might make more of a difference to some of the other 3 part nutrient mixes as they may not chelate the nutes the same etc.

Thought I'd share this with everyone 😄 

EDIT: A few minutes after I posted this thread, I got another response from someone else at TA stating the following.

TA2.png.bda2410e4d2dc5fa7c83159e427ae58e.png

So a bit contradicting, but William states the order is not important as long as you mix it well before adding the rest of the nutes. He prefers to use the micro first.

I mix it in whatever order I feel like on the day, never noticed issues to be honest.

Edited by PsyCLown
Added more info
  • Like 6

Just now, thelazyfishermanza said:

Thanks for the share. I think the lucas formula makes people think the micro is generally always first to be added

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Very possible, or formulas with unchelated calcium or some difference with the nutes in the mixture.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

Soo, some friends and I were discussing mixing of the GHE / TA TriPart nutes.

One mentioned they were told to add the Micro last. The Grow Guru website states to add the Micro first.

I personally never paid much attention to the order I mixed the nutes into the water in, so I decided to reach out to GHE (now Terra Aquatica) to see what they have to say and this is the response I received from them.

A bit different to what my friend was told years ago and to what Grow Guru say.
Personally, I'd rather follow the advice from TA directly as they're the ones who make the nutes and should hopefully know the best way to mix it.

image_2021-08-04_123914.png.7a5cf1608798cbd74329359ee3314f55.png

I think this might make more of a difference to some of the other 3 part nutrient mixes as they may not chelate the nutes the same etc.

Thought I'd share this with everyone 😄 

If there is anybody advise I would take, it would be theirs, and it came straight from R&D _ BOOM!💥

• Like 1

The way I know it is in the order Micro, Grow and then Bloom. If there is calmag involved that usually goes first as far as I know. The most import rule I remember is to not premix the nutes before putting it in water. 

Here's a GHE video:

Note: I undestand this is before T.A. took over the brand/line/range so not sure if they think differently. Well......they don't really know......according to their responses.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1