White specs and a bit of rust on leaves.

Stefan

I have two plants(of 6 plants) that’s exhibiting the same deficiency. 

there’s somewhat white specs on the leaves and mild rust. 

the buds are also underdeveloped compared to the other 4. Although the two showing the same deficiencies are the same strain whilst the other 4 are different strains(all 6 fastbuds) 

my initial thoughts were potassium deficiencies but gave the two plants two full feeds and while they haven’t gotten any worse, they don’t look like they getting any better. 

Has anyone experienced these symptoms or have knowledge on how to correct them 

The little white spots might be thrips or spider mites , mine looks simular and I have the Spider mites . Gave mine a Sulfer spray and will continue with neem and Pyrol. They are mother f@#$&+_

Sent from my Hisense Infinity H50 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Aweh bruh.

Those white spots look like thrip or spidermite damage. 

Those leaves also look like somethings going on, seems like maybe Ca or P issue.

There are a lot of forum members here that can help, but they'll need more info.

1.What medium you using?

2.Any extra amendments or changes?

3.What nutrients you using, schedule and dosage?

• Agree 1

@GGG @Fridge @Bos @The_StonedTrooper sorry for delay, I didn’t any notifications of your responses. 

I didn’t notice any webs, and can’t find any thrips or any bugs whatsoever. I can’t completely rule them out as I found some on other plants which is quite easily identified with the banked eye(not cannabis), although far away from my tent. Can these pests cause problems with flower growth? 

I am using soil and yes theres marks on new growth but more affected under the canopy. I make use of dirty hands inc nutrients but only feed once a week, although this week I gave the plants two feeds. 

the weird thing is that I have 6 plants quite compacted and only 2 of them are affected, the two of the same strain. Wouldn’t all my plants be affected if it were pests? Unless they love the lemon pie terpenes 😂 which I must say smells amazing

My nursery down the road has this product. Will this sufficiently get rid of them? I’m pretty certain it’s spidermites as the two plants affected buds are not as developed as the others which show no symptoms and read they can cause undeveloped buds. 

58CE4C31-3434-40E2-BE46-6507773DC934.png

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bos said:

Increasing ventilation will also help, spidermites hate moving air or wind.

I read that as well earlier. Crazy thing is I moved my fan about 2 weeks ago because a few plants were suffering windburn.  

will try to find a new place for it tomorrow to have it blow more directly on the plants without having it be too strong 

thanks for the suggestion! 

It has been mentioned by @GGG already, but I want to make extra sure that you'll use the minimum dose of pyrol first. I used that stuff on a high dose this outdoor season and it hurt my plants a lot.

Also how far are you in flower? I would not use pyrol when too far in flower. 

I used bio insek during flower with success. But it's a "soft" solution and takes longer to show effect. 

https://www.jamiesgardenshop.co.za/product/bio-insek/

@GGG @Fridgethanks for suggestions max dosage. Would have followed the instructions on the bottle otherwise.

gave 10ml pyrol and 5ml neem oil per litre. It turns out they are red mites. Gave the two plants a full clean.

how long should the plants be in darkness? I’m assuming the light and the pyrol burns the plants? And do I rinse off before turning the lights back on?

352B783C-A763-493B-AD3F-80367A1B7242.jpeg

E043BE01-9564-4845-8DE1-B0D442BC9783.jpeg

FA9A9291-7052-425E-8C82-4197AD8F6CA5.jpeg

Hey, if you spray, the low dose, as suggested, you will not burn the plant with the lights on, and no need to rinse. 

You dont rinse ever, and the guys have given you the best advice to go low dose, so nothing to add.

The mites hate water, wind, and bug spray.

You can spray the last plants too, and then be sure to wash you bud and hang it.

They will wash off, and what doesn't, will climb to the top of the stem, and jump off and die.

All will be good.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stefan said:

These four plants are close to finishing  but also have the mites on them after close inspection. Should I spray them as well? I could give them a rinse before lights go back on?

I wouldn't use anything on the plants that are close to being finished. They are looking good by the way. Apparently the neem does not taste good and can spoil your harvest if applied too late in flower. I would manually remove as many mites as you can if you got some time and patience. If these are outdoors it also helps to put them in a windy spot.

As for the others, I would spray them just when the lights go off and then again spray them down with water only before the lights go on again. 

You see they recommend 20-40 ml/liter of pyrol? I chose to mix in 30ml per liter. Solved the mite problem but my plants showed phytotoxisity for weeks after application. 

Edit: check out @The_StonedTrooper's reply. Seems like rinsing isn't necessary. I always did for good measure. 

@The_StonedTrooper, won't it leave a funny taste in the buds? I never did that as I didn't want to risk it. 

Edited by Fridge
  • Like 2

Hey @Fridge

You dont want the stuff to be thick on the leaves, and leave too much of a layer of the Pyrol, but if you going with a low mix, you dont need to wash it off before lights on.

If you spraying anything, neem, pyrol, AQSF, serenade, your aunties home organic remedie, you are going to wash your bud at harvest, with the 3 bucket system, for your safety and health, and your bud will be good.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Right now, your plants growth is no1 and that means killing the bugs, and washing it off while its needed, isn't helping you.

You want the bud to grow first, then you can wash it off, and always use the least amount possible.

Neem is not to good in the last 3 weeks, but I have done it myself, and then washed my weed after before dry, at harvest. 

I have never had a issue, but some are different and you must be happy and comfortable in what your process is.

• Like 1

Cool thanks @The_StonedTrooper, it's always good to hear another growers take on this.

And I fully agree with doing the bud wash, if anything has been sprayed. I lean towards growing as organic as possible, so I try to avoid using pesticides and fungicides, but unfortunately often there's no choice. 

I do Jorge Cervantes bud wash, if necessary. @Stefan, if you want to look into this video search his name on YouTube. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Ooh yes , forgot you in flower , not good to spray after week 3-4 . But sometimes we need to do what needs to be done. You can spray just the leaves whenever you want in flower bit not the bud, def needs a bud wash if late in flower. Some peeps just spray the spiders of the plant with plain water , but you need a nice force just to you not braking the leaves more or less

• Like 1

@The_StonedTrooper @Fridgethanks so much for you feedback. I decided to spray all the plants, but gave the last 4 a rinse(with a pump sprayer) 3 hours after application. 

I thoroughly spayed stem by stem the neem and pyrol, under leaves, in buds to kill the pests. 

my thoughts were that they instantly(fairly instantly) kill the mites and confident that every mm of the plant was sprayed so should do the job to stop the infestation on those plants.

the two more affected I have left the spray on as they were quite badly infested. I actually saw some webbing underneath the buds.

The plants are on day 1 of week 5 of flower. I’m thinking the most developed plants will probably require another 3-4 weeks at least so would a bud wash still be necessary? 

1 hour ago, GGG said:

Ooh yes , forgot you in flower emoji51.png, not good to spray after week 3-4 . But sometimes we need to do what needs to be done. You can spray just the leaves whenever you want in flower bit not the bud, def needs a bud wash if late in flower. Some peeps just spray the spiders of the plant with plain water , but you need a nice force just to you not braking the leaves more or less

Yeah man if a bud wash is required then I’ll take that over having my hard work be undone by these fuckers 😅

I may give more vigorous (water)foliar sprays here on out, just to at least slow the infestation(should it still exist) until harvest.