Sickly lady

CG420za

do yourself a favour and stock up on some IPM products if you can.

Get an anti fungal agent - copper soap, Sulphur burner, neem too a little, AQSG

Get an anti bacterial - H202 is great for spraying plants, unscented bleach is good for general disinfectant of your tent and tools (Sodium hypochlorite)

Get an insectacide - Margret has a whole bunch that are pretty potent, Neem, Pyrol all work like a dream

and then, also get a wetting agent, as well as a foliar feed of your choice, kelpak is good, and have had good experience with Trellmix 

all that could easily set you back over a grand, and there are many other products i did not mention, but i would start with the copper soap and pyrol, and a wetting agent.

tis the season for PM with all this humidity and rain we are having.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

19 minutes ago, CreX said:

do yourself a favour and stock up on some IPM products if you can.

Get an anti fungal agent - copper soap, Sulphur burner, neem too a little, AQSG

Get an anti bacterial - H202 is great for spraying plants, unscented bleach is good for general disinfectant of your tent and tools (Sodium hypochlorite)

Get an insectacide - Margret has a whole bunch that are pretty potent, Neem, Pyrol all work like a dream

and then, also get a wetting agent, as well as a foliar feed of your choice, kelpak is good, and have had good experience with Trellmix 

all that could easily set you back over a grand, and there are many other products i did not mention, but i would start with the copper soap and pyrol, and a wetting agent.

tis the season for PM with all this humidity and rain we are having.

5 years of growing and this is the 1st time i got PM. And from my friends clone, the mother fucker! Hahaha!

Will defs get some copper soap. I have most of the other goodies already.

• Like 2

I agree with @CreX Coppersoap is great for PM but should not be used when the plants are in flower - you can then make use of Sulphur (not burning, but get one which you can spray).

Wetting agent is always useful too. Pyrol is great for pests and I see you already have that.

Hydrogen Peroxide and/or bleach (jik, or whatever) to clean and sterilize the tent and equipment. It would be best to clean the fans and everything but in reality it's going to be near impossible to do a thorough clean and get everywhere.

You can also consider a disinfectant fogger, have all equipment on and running (so the fan moves) and set off the fogger inside the tent.

Keep in mind the PM spores have likely been pushed to the outside of the tent via your extraction fan. So perhaps set it off in the room which contains your tent and ensure a good portion gets inside the tent too. This might be easier than using a cloth with bleach or H2O2. How well it works in comparison, I am not actually sure... but in my mind it makes sense that it would work well. lol

Pitty you have chucked the plants already, I was going to suggest coppersoap and/or some sulphur - should get rid of the PM and possibly even those weird spots you had.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

I haven't tossed the plants yet @PsyCLown, my mate says he'll take a chance trying to mend them. He's hellbent on saving the genetics, coz they are good ones to keep.

I'm doing a proper clean over the weekend. Full tear down of everything. I have one of those hand pump sprayers, so i was checking i could mist the entire tent then zip up and hold the mister at the intake vent with the fans on to get the H202 everywhere. Wipe down and repeat. Just worried about the H202 potentially eating on my LED's. I could remove the lights and spray that down with ISO...

Also, my tent vents directly out of a window, so the room should be safe...

Would bleach kill the spores? I know H202 will.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Hi guys. I've not worked with wetting agents before. Would I be correct in assuming they are useful for when trying to keep your medium as dry as possible, yet still offering the plants maximum hydration? So, would a wetting agent also work well for watering while having fungus gnats, as another example?

Or should one be using a wetting agent throughout the grow?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Teal Smith said:

Hi guys. I've not worked with wetting agents before. Would I be correct in assuming they are useful for when trying to keep your medium as dry as possible, yet still offering the plants maximum hydration? So, would a wetting agent also work well for watering while having fungus gnats, as another example?

Or should one be using a wetting agent throughout the grow?

A wetting agent is something you mix with a solution which will be sprayed onto the plants.

So something you'd typically mix with pyrol for instance, the wetting agent helps spread the solution when its sprayed on the plant and prevents it from forming drops and rolling off the plant. It helps it to stick to the plant basically.

It helps spread the liquid and prevents it from forming droplets and rolling off.

If you have ever used a product like Wynn's C-Thru on your your windshield, it might make more sense. After using C-thru any water will form a drop and run off the windshield easily. This is the opposite effect you want when spraying your plants with some sort of foliar spray, so a spreading agent / wetting agent helps prevent this from occuring.

Edited by PsyCLown
Added more info
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Teal Smith said:

Cheers bud. So is there any application for a wetting agent to go inside grow medium at all? Or strictly for foliar spraying?

None that I can think of. It's for foliar spraying.

A wetting agent prevents this (see the water droplets and how that will prevent the solution from staying on the leaves):

photo-1542970981-3aed51f54770?ixlib=rb-1

It will help the solution spread more like this and coat the leaf / plant better:

1280px-Wet_leaf.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@GGG Efekto G49 and SK Eco Oil are both decent options. There are a few other options too.
Builders and nurseries should stock them, the bottle will tell you how much to use.
Thx meneer will go and find some tomorrow

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk