Bay Seeds Auto Purple Glam Kush x KC's Strawberry aka Glamberry.

West Coast Vaper

To the plant doctors out there.
Lower leaves showing some deficiency. The Jack Berry still looking healthy so I'm somewhat confused. Same soil and watering not using any feed.
Been reading some strains tend to develop iron deficiencies towards the flowering stage.
Any solutions bearing in mind I don't have access to any feeds as such.0f345d505bfeb4d39ae919ddc3ee9851.jpg

Sent from my DRA-LX5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi @DamDave im assuming the soil is not still hot, and without seeing the new growth, I would say there is most likely a Calcium shortage in that particular pot.

Magnesium might also start getting low, a easy fix would be to topdress the pot with a little bit (half a teaspoon to a full teaspoon) of Calcium Bicarbonate, or Dolomite Lime, whichever you can find.

Eggshells can be also be used, bit a bit of preparation and graft needed. There are a few different methods, here is the simplest one.

Edited by Dank

Hi @DamDave im assuming the soil is not still hot, and without seeing the new growth, I would say there is most likely a Calcium shortage in that particular pot.
Magnesium might also start getting low, a easy fix would be to topdress the pot with a little bit (half a teaspoon to a full teaspoon) of Calcium Bicarbonate, or Dolomite Lime, whichever you can find.
Eggshells can be also be used, bit a bit of preparation and graft needed. There are a few different methods, here is the simplest one.

Hey @Dank thanks.
Local farmer gave me some GuanoGrow juice that I'm testing on a few outdoor plants. Using as a foliage spray.
Any chance this might help?
c572bd5d98c97a57598ca2b23a7034b7.jpg

• Like 1

My 2c points away from a calmag fix this round. 

Calcuim def looks very different, and magnesium look different to what you see. 

Both calcuim and magnesium affect the leaves between the veins, they will start lightening... Magnesium just goes lighter and then kinda stays there, but calcuim will further damage by clorosis of the same parts that went lighter with the MG def. 

This looks to me like a potassium def....Early stages. 

Check your pH and make sure it's acceptable, and adjust if necessary without adding more nutes. 

If pH is on point, feed the plant less nitrogen and more potassium 

I would use a late bloom nute, or some MPK if you have in hand. 

Both calcuim and magnesium affect the leaves between the veins, they will start lightening... Magnesium just goes lighter and then kinda stays there, but calcuim will further damage by clorosis of the same parts that went lighter with the MG def. 
Check your pH and make sure it's acceptable, and adjust if necessary without adding more nutes. 
Thanks for the 2c. Some deficiencies look so much alike that's what makes it difficult for me to match using chart's and google.
What's your take on the above juice.

Im sure it can only help, decent amount of Ca, but no Mg by the looks of it.
Just bear in mind using foliar feeds in long into flower might not be the best for the buds.
Thanks bud. Getting as much info before I make my next move. Other than my Jack Berry I've been a bag seed man so want to be careful with this one.
Outdoor ones in same soil perky as shit.

• Like 1

Our borehole water ph stands between 6.5 - 6.7. No nutes so far with the grow. Only water.

59 minutes ago, DamDave said:

Thanks for the 2c. Some deficiencies look so much alike that's what makes it difficult for me to match using chart's and google.
What's your take on the above juice.

i am sure the Guano juice has its place, but the NPK ratio is rough 13-5-1 

where the 1 is the K that you need. so a bit low.

if you want something quick and cheap, i would go with Nitrosol from most garden stores (NPK 4-1-3 so better, closer to what you need)

Seagrow being even better NPK at 2-1-2

BioBizz Bio Bloom has an NPK ratio of 2-7-4

MKP powder is what you need though. Haifas online NPK values are about accurate same as MKP from hortimix - so 0-52-34

So choose your punch and take it! if you can fix it early, then the top of the plant wont suffer so much.

do yourself a flavour and google potassium deficiency for weed and you will see some similar issues to what you experience

• Like 1

i am sure the Guano juice has its place, but the NPK ratio is rough 13-5-1 
where the 1 is the K that you need. so a bit low.
if you want something quick and cheap, i would go with Nitrosol from most garden stores (NPK 4-1-3 so better, closer to what you need)
Seagrow being even better NPK at 2-1-2
BioBizz Bio Bloom has an NPK ratio of 2-7-4
MKP powder is what you need though. Haifas online NPK values are about accurate same as MKP from hortimix - so 0-52-34
So choose your punch and take it! if you can fix it early, then the top of the plant wont suffer so much.
do yourself a flavour and google potassium deficiency for weed and you will see some similar issues to what you experience
Thanks bud. Think I'll steer clear of the juice for now. Running a test on a few outdoors. Let's see what happens there first.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/3/2020 at 8:15 AM, DamDave said:

To the plant doctors out there.
Lower leaves showing some deficiency. The Jack Berry still looking healthy so I'm somewhat confused. Same soil and watering not using any feed.
Been reading some strains tend to develop iron deficiencies towards the flowering stage.
Any solutions bearing in mind I don't have access to any feeds as such.0f345d505bfeb4d39ae919ddc3ee9851.jpg

Looks like Phosporus

Day 59.
Not much yard time for the indoor one (first pic) the past week and less watering.
Whatever was happening to the leaves seem to have stopped. Chopped off the dodge leaves.
Plant is standing at 500mm.
Outdoor ones standing at 300mm and 800mm and looking good. If you live in Cape Town you'll know they got plenty of water last couple of days.
Tall one at 47 days and younger ones about two weeks behind.5025bc51f02ad90ecd40ebe7b9c417f9.jpg0ebb49690c680e467e119721f375344f.jpg1f6048fcd85447bc97bec24501cbf2ce.jpg0c956c1949b7e696053bb37269823ce6.jpgfe7fe50c9e7ca972cdc837126dc15223.jpg

• Like 6

Day 66.
Everything still running smoothly on the indoor grow. Not sure if I did defoliation correctly as the plant is about two weeks into flower. Some sites recon you can train three weeks into flower then let sleeping dogs lie.
Whatever deficiency the leaves were showing seems to have sorted itself out. I'm happy.
Outdoor plants at 54 days and one about two weeks younger.
Standing at 900mm and looking healthy. I will be trying my best to leave these ladies alone and let them do their own thing.
Standing at one indoor plant and two outdoors now. Yep, pulled another male this morning.
Lost one germinating and two to being male. 50% hit rate.bdda267fc4fcb27aea5f6c91c22d506b.jpgea3ee5d04aac1c01a590c99eb5ffa170.jpgea1839747e6204f69bea0c2f1b48869b.jpg707b000897c282f8c6c9af690765686c.jpg

• Like 4

Day 72.

Not the best pic but indoor one still healthy.
Water and yard time is all that this lady is getting.

Outdoor ones at 60 days look like they are heading to the 'my f*#k, those are big plants' reaction.

And I've reached my monthly pic upload on Tapatalk. Gonna try the website, seem to battle uploading there.8d45874a6364138addc2fac427a8018b.jpg

@DamDave 

11 hours ago, DamDave said:

Day 72.

Not the best pic but indoor one still healthy.
Water and yard time is all that this lady is getting.

Outdoor ones at 60 days look like they are heading to the 'my f*#k, those are big plants' reaction.

And I've reached my monthly pic upload on Tapatalk. Gonna try the website, seem to battle uploading there.8d45874a6364138addc2fac427a8018b.jpg

She's looking great, well done bud

• 2 weeks later...

Indoor one doing it's thing and looking good. Yard time and water is all that this girl gets. Purple colouring is thanks to the blurple on the one side of the cabinet. Pity.

Outdoor ones standing at 1.4m and 1.1m including pots. The one at the back has started flowering and I'm damned if I know what to do now. If I can leave it to reveg I will or else I see a darkroom being built soon.
These get watered every second day and left to do their own thing.09c564c4330a0a3b22546e3756599758.jpgd5f5eea2672a6511915baafb2ba805cf.jpgf7ced2c60fa12f7407df5856c91f9aa8.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

So I forgot to take a last pic before harvesting after nine weeks flowering.
70g after a wet trim and using the brown paper bag drying method. Down to 45g after two days of drying.
Some nice fruity aromas coming out of the bag.

Pic #2 is of the shade house baby standing at 1300mm including pot. Looks like she's getting ready to go into pre flower. This one will not be moved for photo shoots anymore as the roots are punching their way through the bottom of the pot into the earth below.

Pic #3 is of the one that started flowering outdoors standing at 1400mm including pot and now gets moved into it's darkroom, out at 6am and back at 6pm. Gonna have to make a higher flowering area maybe, wife's gonna love that.

I'm expecting a decent little yield from these two.
The Glamberry x Lemon Jedi OG seems to be heading towards a hassle free grow as well @Bay Seeds but that's another diary appearing soon.

Keen to see what's up your sleeve next @Bay Seeds.1235725aaabef1ba0accb32faf1aa143.jpg387339915235814394f96958bdd0aeb3.jpgdd1f24eed243e82b577f47bbc12330e7.jpg

• Like 2

70g wet withered down to 40g in the curing jar, that's including me dipping my fingers in the cookie jar. Not sure how that stands for harvest off one plant, anyone care to share if that's good, bad or just plain shite. Great smoke and taste.

Pic 1 outdoor one has started flowering and once again I'm not sure. Is it to early or normal. @Bay Seeds any take on this.

Pic 2&3 the one that gets carried in and out of a dark room daily is setting herself up for a bumper crop by the looks of it.

Enjoy what you can of the rest of the year. Pull out the Peace pipe and see you on the flip side.62f7cc299b66f6d95547c33ffe228c4f.jpg8b0a47f473f1a70a2495413209d67a1b.jpgaef2617f8aec9393d81d0d4342a803fb.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

It's weekend which means update time. I just realized I didn't put a pic up of the last harvest. Pic #4 is a combined Glamberry, Jack Berry and a small Durban Poison harvest.

Pic #1 is the lady that gets carried out and in everyday moments before my 17month old decided to take it for a walk and dragged it down the reservation road. Ok so that's in the drying cabinet now.

Pic #2 & #3 is the last one of the 6 that started this journey.

Lost one at germination, 2 to being male, 4th = 40g dry, 5th is in the drying cabinet and number 6 is flourishing in the shade house.

So without knowing what sex the first one would have been means a female hit rate of 50% plus out of 6. I'm happy @Bay Seeds, thanks for the opportunity.

Sleep time for this thread until weighing time. Till then buds here's to 2021 d3782a551a4389c2720ee47792eb8324.jpg8b30e0659bc3e63c311665e13f76205b.jpg482c5601848cfd048fe37091e30bfc1d.jpg57d6eed3a2955077f45b3033741b6cbd.jpg

• Like 3