Help needed in identifying deficiency.

Hello guys,

I am a new grower and I need some help identifying a deficiency.  

I am using https://just-cannabis.co.za/craft-cannabis-soil/ for my growing media.  I am growing moby dick & cookies autos.  I am in week 5.  Thinking of top dressing with worm castings this week.

Anyways,  I have been seeing some yellow spots on the fan leaves and they are slowly getting to newer growth as well.

Please help.

Thanks ❤️

y3 - Copy.png

y1 - Copy.png

y2 - Copy.png

• Like 3

Thanks, make sense.  There is a fan just behind those to...see pic below.

I have now elevated that fan and tilted it to be blowing just above the canopy.  TBH, I dunno how many fans I should be running, I have 4 in the tent, 2 is switched off, 1 on the ground and on on the light.

y4 - Copy.png

• Like 1

You have those damages all around your plants?

For veg you are very much on the dry side. Put a saucer full of water in the tent and point a fan on it. 15% more humidity would be better. For flower 42% are sexy.

4 fans inside the tent... air movement is good! How big is the tent and what ventilation you use for the tent?

Edited by Prom
  • Like 1

Thanks for your response 🙂

Not on all the plant...just the ones closest to the fan.  The others, if they have, has minimal damage.

I have had those containers laying on the ground full of water but not with a fan on...will give that a go.  

As to my tent setup, I am running in a 1.5m x 1.5m tent with a 300mm scrubber with a 6inch inline fan.  Currently only two of the 4 fans are on (one on LED & one on the ground, a little bit elevated now), I figured I will switch on as the grow progress.

Edited by jhonnygrows
Added answer
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

Nice boooi, and what about the lights? What are you running yo? 

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your stay! 

I wouldn't be terribly concerned about that damage at the moment. 

I think the okes nailed it with fan damage. 

I would get the fans mounted into the corners of your tent and have them oscillate. 

You don't need gusts of wind blowing past them the whole time. 

A gentle breeze with good extraction is key.... Air movement. 

Stagnant air is the enemy because plants deplete the C02 from stagnant air very quickly. 

• Like 1

@CreX  Thanks for the advice my dude.  I had one mounted in the top corner...think the way that I mounted it might have broken the fan...will have to investigate a better mounting solution.  I have already made some changes with the fans tho.  They are gently blowing through the tent with minimal interaction with the plant where as previously, it was directly oscillating through them.

Currently I am running the Samsung LM301B Full Spectrum LED Grow Light - 450W.  It is currently 60cm above the canopy.

I already love this forum & community.

Happy growing ❤️

• Like 2

Sounds like you have pumped a pretty penny into your new found hobby my bru! 

Lights, tent, extraction and air movement. 

You are set for a wonderful experience! 

Stick around and learn what you can. 

Your grow is likely to have little issues if you keep things as is... But growing can get really challenging at times so the more you know the better! 

• Like 1

Very nice tent, how do you find the budbox pro tent so far? Quality seems good? Any concerns or issues?
Thinking about getting one as my next tent.

You want the fans to oscillate inside the tent to ensure that there is air movement and no stale sections of air within the tent where humidity could build up and so forth.

Is your 6" fan extracting or do you have a separate fan doing extraction? You want to move the air inside the tent out, to avoid a build up of oxygen and to help get rid of excess heat etc.

As your plants get bigger, or as you fill your tent humidity inside the tent will likely increase a bit too due to the transpiration from the plants.

Monitor the plants once you have adjusted the fan and see if it continues, the damage does not seem terrible.

Otherwise so far it's looking pretty good and you have a nice setup! 😄 

• Like 1

@CreX Yeah my dude, its quite an expensive hobby but gone are the days of waiting 2 hours at random locations for a dealer to bring sub par dank!  Gone are the days of getting your hands on proper indoor once a blue moon!  Im super excited...thats why I when auto for my first run, I want to harvest already 😄

@PsyCLown  Its a nice tent bro...solid construction & durable materials.  The big plus tho is the extra vent ports.  I initially wanted to go inline fan with cooled hood + HPS and the other tents on the market didn't have enough vents to make that happen.  The only downside is the white, not in terms of performance but the flooring gets dirty real quick and with the white you can easily see it 🙂  Other than that, its perfect!  Oooooh yeah,  I dont have a seperate fan extracting.  It goes Filter > Fan > Outlet.  With osculating fans inside the tent with a passive intake.

Edited by jhonnygrows
Added answer
  • Like 1