Jump to content

Cabinet approves cannabis bill


Recommended Posts

That will be good  if they do it like that. The section i mentioned they said a flowering plant. Will see if i can find it. Must you have a certain post count before you can post a schedule? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

,So Cabinet has approved a bill to regulate cannabis. We've all been waiting for this, and now that the wheel is rolling again, it is causing quite a stir of emotion among the cannabis community.

"Cannabis" used instead of "dagga". That for me is a big win already.  We must now really keep up to date on any submissions for public opinion. These cats always like to snake in legislation wit

I dont think any of us think their penalties are fair. As the law currently stands I get way less jail time for trafficking a truckload. But then I look at the bill as a whole, what its purpose i

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Dubi said:

That will be good  if they do it like that. The section i mentioned they said a flowering plant. 

Again, what you posted were equivalencies, which I just literally used in principle in the above post with regards to your context. 

3 minutes ago, Dubi said:

Must you have a certain post count before you can post a schedule? 

You may post them, just don't spam out of context again. Post the schedule and in the same post, write what you want to say about it. 

2 minutes ago, Dubi said:

It is still on one property. Some clever dude will explain it in the papers tommorrow.

You're speaking to him, and he objects your statement. 

""dwelling" means any part of a formal or informal structure that is occupied as a
residence, or any part of a structure or outdoor living area that is accessory to, and
used principally for the purposes of, a residence;"

Otherwise an entire apartment block would have to adhere to the limit of 1.2kg which, obviously, will not be the case. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I see the point you are making. All i am saying is that a group of 100 flats you can only have 1.2kg in your flat (The one you pay the rent each month). If you rent out a room in your flat, (Someone pay you rent) the limit of the flat remains 1.2 kg.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dubi said:

I see the point you are making. All i am saying is that a group of 100 flats you can only have 1.2kg in your flat (The one you pay the rent each month). If you rent out a room in your flat, (Someone pay you rent) the limit of the flat remains 1.2 kg.

If you are two people with one bedroom each, sure. Each person would be allowed to cultivate 600g each in that context.

But if it's a two bedroom flat and each tenant has their own lease agreement designating their own dwelling as such, and each room has two people, then the entire apartment as a whole could produce 2.4kg of cannabis, 1.2kg per dwelling (room). 

Goodluck fitting all that equipment and 4 people in a two bedroom flat though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

"Two immature cannabis plants are equal to one cannabis plant. So you as a singleton are allowed 4 flowering cannabis plants. Therefore you are allowed 8 immature cannabis plants and must then cull 4 of them before they start flowering fully."

I get you now brother. Thanks for your patience.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ill_Evan said:

If you are two people with one bedroom each, sure. Each person would be allowed to cultivate 600g each in that context.

But if it's a two bedroom flat and each tenant has their own lease agreement designating their own dwelling as such, and each room has two people, then the entire apartment as a whole could produce 2.4kg of cannabis, 1.2kg per dwelling (room). 

Goodluck fitting all that equipment and 4 people in a two bedroom flat though. 

You cannot do that. Sublease and all that. It is one property. You can only rent a room not sell the room.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dubi said:

You cannot do that. Sublease and all that. It is one property. You can only rent a room not sell the room.

No. Not a sublease. The tenant is not subleasing. The owner is leasing to 4 people, two people per room. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ill_Evan said:

No. Not a sublease. The tenant is not subleasing. The owner is leasing to 4 people, two people per room. 

Let me try it this way. 1 set of papers per owner of house. your house titel document. = 1.2kg.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Dubi said:

Let me try it this way. 1 set of papers per owner of house. your house titel document. = 1.2kg.

Firstly, an owner can lease each room or any part of their property in separate lease agreements. 

Secondly, again:

""dwelling" means any part of a formal or informal structure that is occupied as a
residence
, or any part of a structure or outdoor living area that is accessory to, and
used principally for the purposes of, a residence;"

See above in red. This means you can have "many parts" to a single residence. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Dubi said:

Try and explain that to the police.

If I can explain it to you, I think I'll be alright with the police. Especially if it's, y'know.. the law. 

Edit: I mean isn't that exactly why we want this legislation? There aren't any ifs or whats when it comes to the law. If the law says that a dwelling is any part of a residence, and that each dwelling can apply the legal limit of cannabis cultivated, then that is that. 

But who knows, maybe you're Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma and you want to take my zol. 

Edited by Ill_Evan
Extra law!
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ill_Evan said:

If I can explain it to you, I think I'll be alright with the police. Especially if it's, y'know.. the law. 

Edit: I mean isn't that exactly why we want this legislation? There aren't any ifs or whats when it comes to the law. If the law says that a dwelling is any part of a residence, and that each dwelling can apply the legal limit of cannabis cultivated, then that is that. 

But who knows, maybe you're Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma and you want to take my zol. 

You not South african my friend? Just because i am not good at your language  you think i am stupid. 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheUltimateNoob said:

I'd take this challenge.
Pretty sure I can bash out at least 1.5kg from 8 plants... But then it'll be illegal emoji23.png

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk
 

 

I think you'd just have to gift 100g to three people and keep the 1.2kg stash 😛

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Two immature cannabis plants are equal to one cannabis plant. So you as a singleton are allowed 4 flowering cannabis plants. Therefore you are allowed 8 immature cannabis plants and must then cull 4 of them before they start flowering fully.
This means that the drafters understand the concept of selecting cannabis plants whether to isolate males/females or for basic pheno hunting. 
They set it up just well enough to allow for a nice perpetual cycle for 1 person.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
If I can explain it to you, I think I'll be alright with the police. Especially if it's, y'know.. the law. 
Edit: I mean isn't that exactly why we want this legislation? There aren't any ifs or whats when it comes to the law. If the law says that a dwelling is any part of a residence, and that each dwelling can apply the legal limit of cannabis cultivated, then that is that. 
But who knows, maybe you're Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma and you want to take my zol. 
I get you bro... I mean if I'm paying rent for a room every month, I'd expect to be able to possess my legal limit as that's my dwelling. Its a fair argument I feel

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is private use regulated anyway? You can plant as many vines as you want to make wine or brew as much as you want to make beer. 

Why must my private use be regulated? Nobody tells you how many potatoes you can grow and consume? 

Step in the right direction but not too happy. 

Edited by CoolJ
Grammar😬
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, CoolJ said:

Why is private use regulated anyway? You can make plants as many vines as you want to make wine or brew as much as you want to make beer. 

Why must my private use be regulated? Nobody tells you how many potatoes you can grow and consume? 

Step in the right direction but not too happy. 

I think on one hand, the philosophy of regulating a plant which grows in nature is a doozy. So on that I agree with you. 

Regulating private use works two ways; one is to obviously limit you, but it also acts to protect you. The fact that we are given a set perimeter means no one can take your cannabis away from you as long as you are within the law. Also, 1.2kg my bru. 

The government I believe are well aware of the economic benefit this plant could have for the country, so they need to establish legislation that separates private use from commercial dealings because what comes next is the legalisation of trade of cannabis in the country.  

Also, the constitutional court commanded parliament to pass law two years from it's judgment, which will be this September, which is why we are seeing all of this now. 

  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 420SA unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...