first time cupboard grower

PuffPuffPass

Yo guys and gals

Seeing as though my ladies are almost in veg stage, I thought I'd start the grow diary. 

This is a first time for me, got two ladies in there supposedly feminized but we will see lol.

1 Blueberry CBD from capeape (right)

1 Sundae Apple from Chrisx genetics (left)

These two are actually an experiment to see if i can grow ina cupboard  on a strict budget, so wish us luck.

These ladies germinated and were planted on  17 July 20

20200805_222050.jpg

• Like 5

So question, how do i know i need to start adding nutes? The ladies have just entered veg stage and growing quite quickly now... 

Do I need to wait until I see a sign to start feeding or do I just start now?

Also I'm going to do half dose i rate (from a Youtube recommended video) and should I feed them on every watering which seems to be every 3 days or so?

About nutes, I have Nutriplex, is it any good? And should I mix Micro with Gro when feeding or not?

Thanks for the help guys, first time here lol

15970042072726366148998094143305.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just adding an update of what the ladies look like, they're Lst and I feed them once a week, with half of the recommended dose (not sure whether to increase or not?)

But here they are, looking good and a vibrant green.

Does it make a problem as I have T5 lights in the cupboard but scared they aren't Voight enough so during the day I take them outside into direct sunlight for a few hours...

Will that be ok?

20200825_081953.jpg

20200825_081959.jpg

• Like 5

Start fertilizing depending what the producer of the product tells you. They usually stay very much on the safe side. Always observe your plants, they tell you, if something isnt right. Not all strains react same to nutrition concentration. In general the breeders write a note to the strain, if it likes a lot or you better be careful. Always start slow, the plants grow exponentially fast. Depending to that you increase fertilizer amount and as they drink more and more, they consume more over time. With autos you have to watch when they go Pre, so you can change what you feed. Photos you swap the light duration and change the nutes feed, bit easier.

Putting your plants outside to get more light, works. Every time i stick the quantum flux meter into the sun, last was around 1400 two weeks ago... i measure around 2200 mmol on a blue sky.. hehehe cant beat the sun. But comes with one issue... not all strains like to get moved. Most you can easy move once, twice during the flower cycle. But some really do not like to get moved daily. If you see that your plants dont really grow faster outside... or even stop. Leave them stationary... if they grow very nice.. your work will get rewarded. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

24 minutes ago, Prom said:

Start fertilizing depending what the producer of the product tells you. They usually stay very much on the safe side. Always observe your plants, they tell you, if something isnt right. Not all strains react same to nutrition concentration. In general the breeders write a note to the strain, if it likes a lot or you better be careful. Always start slow, the plants grow exponentially fast. Depending to that you increase fertilizer amount and as they drink more and more, they consume more over time. With autos you have to watch when they go Pre, so you can change what you feed. Photos you swap the light duration and change the nutes feed, bit easier.

Putting your plants outside to get more light, works. Every time i stick the quantum flux meter into the sun, last was around 1400 two weeks ago... i measure around 2200 mmol on a blue sky.. hehehe cant beat the sun. But comes with one issue... not all strains like to get moved. Most you can easy move once, twice during the flower cycle. But some really do not like to get moved daily. If you see that your plants dont really grow faster outside... or even stop. Leave them stationary... if they grow very nice.. your work will get rewarded. 

Thanks for the info, this is super helpful, really appreciate it

• Like 1

The sun is the best bro. No light compares. So the more u can give them some. The better. As Prom mentioned with regards to constant moving. Try and be as gentle as possible. Try not to send any vibrations on the roots.

With regards ti Nutez. Ur babies are quite large. So the full dose of nutez wont be a problem. Go for it brother. 

But all in all. Ur grow is looking lush and healthy. Good job.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, afternoon blazer said:

The sun is the best bro. No light compares. So the more u can give them some. The better. As Prom mentioned with regards to constant moving. Try and be as gentle as possible. Try not to send any vibrations on the roots.

With regards ti Nutez. Ur babies are quite large. So the full dose of nutez wont be a problem. Go for it brother. 

But all in all. Ur grow is looking lush and healthy. Good job.

Thanks for the feedback ill do so and let u guys know how it goes! 

Have a good one!

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, need urgent advice please.

I switched my plants to flowering a week ago, so in our 2nd week now, the pistils have started appearing, but the lower parts of the plant have this white dots looking crap on it, any idea what it is and how I can fix it while in this early flowering stage? The rest of the plant is looking good

20201022_084408.jpg

5 minutes ago, felix2000 said:

Powdery mildew, the scourge! Hows the fresh air exchange in the space?

It was quite good, while growing but we have moved house a couple weeks ago, so the cupboard is slightly smaller, probably less air in there now, iv also been taking it outside for some sunlight each day for a few hours

18 minutes ago, PuffPuffPass said:

Ahh crap ok, how do I fix it in flowering stage? Is there something that helps, Google says neem oil? 

I've only had PM issues once. I was growing in a wendy, but I never tried to save plants.There are lots of posts online that indicate that the plants must be destroyed as the mold spores can be harmful to the health, even though its being burned. Maybe there is a wise person who can assist you with the answers you require. 

Edited by felix2000
  • Thanks 1

Looks like damage from pests.

I was thinking thrips, but could be spider mites too I guess.

You really need to take a close look at the underside of the leaves as the pests are very very small and will look like a small speck of something (white, red, black etc.)

Here is an imagine, as you can see it is zoomed in. Look how small that thrip is:

thrip-nymph-worm-on-cannabis-leaf.jpg

If it is pests, which I think it is, then pyrol works really well. Neem can work well too if you already have it.

I have even used a mixture of pyrol and neem together.

For spider mites, here is a picture to help you out:

EGGS.jpg

When you spray the pesticides, make sure you get underneath the leaves as well as mosts pests like to hide under the leaf. You will need to spray all your plants as well.

Best to use a spreading agent as well to ensure the mixture stays in the leaves and does not bead and roll off.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

Looks like damage from pests.

I was thinking thrips, but could be spider mites too I guess.

You really need to take a close look at the underside of the leaves as the pests are very very small and will look like a small speck of something (white, red, black etc.)

Here is an imagine, as you can see it is zoomed in. Look how small that thrip is:

thrip-nymph-worm-on-cannabis-leaf.jpg

If it is pests, which I think it is, then pyrol works really well. Neem can work well too if you already have it.

I have even used a mixture of pyrol and neem together.

For spider mites, here is a picture to help you out:

EGGS.jpg

When you spray the pesticides, make sure you get underneath the leaves as well as mosts pests like to hide under the leaf. You will need to spray all your plants as well.

Best to use a spreading agent as well to ensure the mixture stays in the leaves and does not bead and roll off.

Thanks for that,  makes sense. 

Is payroll and need oil safe to use at this stage?

Do I get it from a plant shop?

Thanks for the feedback guys, really appreciate it