New grower, first attempt (indoors)

zolrooker

Hi guys, thought id start my own grow diary here

Strains:

Amnesia Haze (Anaconda)

Master Kush Grand (Bulk Seed Bank)

Grandpa Banner (Darkstar Genetics) Big thanks to @Master_G for the GDP and BB3 seeds. (Also have some Bruce Banner #3 for next time)

Indoor or outdoor?

Indoor

The Grow Space

1800x900x500 stealth cabinet

Growing medium

Freedom Farms Premium Soil

10 liter fabric pots

Nutrients and Supplements

Blackstrap Molasses

Compost Tea

Lighting

150w LED dimmable 3500K from @Master_G

75W LED that will be added as a supplemental light later on

Other equipment

Inlet and exhaust fans (90m3/h)
STC1000 temp controller
Small fan heater
Oscillating fan
Space blankets and some other reflective sheeting i had on hand.

Will add any additinal info as i go

Edited by zolrooker
  • Like 7

All 3 germinated. Transfered to some slightly larger pots, as the fan was seeming a little strong for the jiffies. The dark green colour bothers me a bit, but it's probably from over watering in the beginning (seems like it's improving though). IMG_20200711_114043.thumb.jpg.3294c0b860d462a7d7bd1326b77285bc.jpgIMG_20200711_114050.thumb.jpg.4ee9ca56ef9bf058a916fb476579d529.jpg

Edited by zolrooker
  • Like 5

47 minutes ago, afternoon blazer said:

Yo rooker. Whats happening bro.

Howz it looking?

Hey bud, things are going ok so far. Load shedding messing with things a bit .. but not too bad overall (im hoping). Heres a pic from this morning.

17 days since Amnesia Haze (top left) and Master Kush Grand (bottom left) seeds were dropped

14 days since the GDP/BB3 (Right of pic)

IMG_20200716_093230.thumb.jpg.8d3bb776720f28b33de218a71a969449.jpg

Edited by zolrooker
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, zolrooker said:

So, I've over-watered my seedlings AGAIN and now they're looking a bit droopy. Need to calm down a bit and take it easy lol.

Sorry brother, 

Try as Totemic says, I at first did this too.

Same soil, in the same pot, not wet and stays dry, and then use it as reference for the actual plant.

Then I'd definitely say you need more perlite or add a little coco, even both to your mix for more air, and better drying times perhaps?

If you watering 7 days apart, and still got over watered pots, then definitely more air flow and pockets in the soil.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StickyD420 said:

@zolrooker

Brother, your gold standard cups, are not good for drainage and I see hardly any perlite in it.

Better pots, more perlite, 7 days watering schedule, and you'll be hundreds brother. 

Added, are you leaving them in a tray of water?

Hey bro. No I'm not leaving them in a tray of water, but I've been doing small waterings every second day. Will just slow that the hell down lol and then I have fabric pots to transfer to afterwards 

Edited by zolrooker
  • Like 1

Ah okay sweet, 

Nah brother, no need to do small waterings every 2 days, and definitely the fabric pot will be better.

My last grow I watered 7 days before I harvested the plant, and when I cut the stem at the base, the soil was still wet at the bottom, and then put that fabric pot outside for a week longer, and it was still wet on the ground when I moved the pot again. You'd be surprised how long it can go between waterings depending on your mix.

I'm also thinking your cups sit flush on the tray, and therefore might not be breathing properly top to bottom?

Edited by StickyD420
Spelling
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, StickyD420 said:

Ah okay sweet, 

Nah brother, no need to do small waterings every 2 days, and definitely the fabric pot will be better.

My last grow I watered 7 days before I harvested the plant, and when I cut the stem at the base, the soil was still wet at the bottom, and then put that fabric pot outside for a week longer, and it was still wet on the ground when I moved the pot again. You'd be surprised how long it can go between waterings depending on your mix.

I'm also thinking your cups sit flush on the tray, and therefore might not be breathing properly top to bottom?

Yes brother, I made holes at the bottom of the cups.. But it's sitting flush on the tray. 

The pots seem very dry and light today (feels the same weight as a cup filled with dry soil to me) but I've watered 2 days ago, so I'll wait a few more days and monitor. 

Maybe spray the seedlings once a day on the leaves also..? 

5 minutes ago, zolrooker said:

Yes brother, I made holes at the bottom of the cups.. But it's sitting flush on the tray. 

The pots seem very dry and light today (feels the same weight as a cup filled with dry soil to me) but I've watered 2 days ago, so I'll wait a few more days and monitor. 

Maybe spray the seedlings once a day on the leaves also..? 

Awe how you brother, 

Yes okay, maybe cut sections out the sides of the cups next time for air flow to the base for the hole you have made to work better. 

Spraying in the morning, with an activator (Kelpak or ActiVera) and water combo will make the plants system kick into action quicker and start the perspiration process going.

If you feel they are ready for water, water them tomorrow morning, and I'd say those roots are now filling that cups bottom pretty well already and now on a 2 to 3 day schedule. 

Maybe up pot them and then water them into their new homes instead of watering them in cups again?

Fire🔥

• Like 1

Thanks for the pictures,

Would say they can be put into fabric pots, and they are probably still wet / muddy at the bottom, and will see if you transplanting them tomorrow. 

Some roots are drowning, at the bottom, and that is surely causing the twisted leaves and the lock out of N as the new growth was yellow and could not absorb the nutrients. 

Guys will even lift a fabric pot off the floor for proper air flow under, and you need that air and dry out to a degree, they are programmed to seek out water, and if you keep them too wet they dont need to do any work or grow bigger root systems. 

Edited by StickyD420
  • Like 3