New grower, first attempt (indoors)

zolrooker

What's up fellow farmers. Iv also got my first bun in the oven as most of u know. 😀. I see the leaves are curling down. This could be if the light is to close. Please correct me if I'm wrong guys. Make sure the hole in the cup are not blocked to store water. I normally wait till the pot is noticeably lighter. Happy growing guys. 

Edited by Weedomics
  • Like 2

What's up fellow farmers. Iv also got my first bun in the oven as most of u know. . I see the leaves are curling down. This could be if the light is to close. Please correct me if I'm wrong guys. Make sure the hole in the cup are not blocked to store water. I normally wait till the pot is noticeably lighter. Happy growing guys. 
Hey there bud. Yea, In my case they're wilting like that because I've overwatered.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

They are so happy now, good show brother
Thanks brother. Ive mixed in some more perlite on the sides but I think I've overdone it a bit. I was planning on also spraying about once a week with liquid kelp. Will that be ok? 4393fc1f1c3c40b0bc9db23a83a40b28.jpg

Dont be scared of Perlite, it just holds air and a place for Microbes to home and hide when you water. It will be perfect for your over watering tendencies, haha.

Kelp as a foliage spray is brilliant and gets the plants system working if you spray under the leaves every morning, with a very fine spray of very weak Kelpak mix.

You going for it now, and going to impress even yourself🤜🤛

• Like 2

Stay on the 7 day watering for now, even with the perlite, 

You will get to water every day or second day, when the plants leaves start to get closer to the edges of the pot, not before then, and then it will normally be an indicator of the plant wanting more soil and space, or bigger pot.

That's if you in veg, never change pots in flowering. 

• Like 1

Dont be scared of Perlite, it just holds air and a place for Microbes to home and hide when you water. It will be perfect for your over watering tendencies, haha.
Kelp as a foliage spray is brilliant and gets the plants system working if you spray under the leaves every morning, with a very fine spray of very weak Kelpak mix.
You going for it now, and going to impress even yourself
Great, thanks brother! So I can spray every day just when lights go on?

Stay on the 7 day watering for now, even with the perlite, 
You will get to water every day or second day, when the plants leaves start to get closer to the edges of the pot, not before then, and then it will normally be an indicator of the plant wanting more soil and space, or bigger pot.
That's if you in veg, never change pots in flowering. 
Will do bro

1 minute ago, zolrooker said:

Great, thanks brother! So I can spray every day just when lights go on?

Yes sir, up to you for every day or second day, first thing yes as lights on, and fine mist, not a drenching, underside the leaves, starts photosynthesis faster and the evaporation process going to kick start the plants internal engine. 

• Like 2

I top as the 5th node is still being developed but has separated from the 4th node completely. Worked well so far.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

2 of my plants are at that stage. I'll top between 5 and 6. The 3rd plant is growing a bit weirdly, but looks like it's on 2 or 3 only

• Like 1

2 of my plants are at that stage. I'll top between 5 and 6. The 3rd plant is growing a bit weirdly, but looks like it's on 2 or 3 only

Yeah, I aim for shortest possible veg including training so I top as soon as I'm able to.
No harm in waiting a bit longer

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, TheUltimateNoob said:

Yeah, I aim for shortest possible veg including training so I top as soon as I'm able to.
No harm in waiting a bit longer

How long do you veg for? My space is limited so i was thinking of vegging for only another 2 weeks.. not sure if that is too soon? (Maybe 4 weeks in total)

How long do you veg for? My space is limited so i was thinking of vegging for only another 2 weeks.. not sure if that is too soon? (Maybe 4 weeks in total)

I veg for 6 weeks... I mainline like 90% of the time and 6 weeks is the average that I've got... Give or take 2 days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheUltimateNoob said:
I veg for 6 weeks... I mainline like 90% of the time and 6 weeks is the average that I've got... Give or take 2 days. 

Think I'm only gonna top. Not sure if any other training methods will help since my space is a bit small and promoting too much lateral growth might not be a good idea

Will check how it looks at week 4 and seek advice on whether to flip or not..

Any other training methods i can look at to increase my yield and make the most out of my space?

Edited by zolrooker
  • Like 1

Think I'm only gonna top. Not sure if any other training methods will help since my space is a bit small and promoting too much lateral growth might not be a good idea

Will check how it looks at week 4 and seek advice on whether to flip or not..

Any other training methods i can look at to increase my yield and make the most out of my space?

Mainlining or fimming is your best bet for increasing yield in a small space.

The other option would be a ScrOG (which could actually work out a bit better if you haven't used HST effectively before)

• Like 1

Mainlining or fimming is your best bet for increasing yield in a small space.

The other option would be a ScrOG (which could actually work out a bit better if you haven't used HST effectively before)

Do these methods promote lateral growth? Because I've been told that my plants will probably fill the horizontal space in my cabinet even without training. (I think my space is around 900x500) and I have 3 plants

Do these methods promote lateral growth? Because I've been told that my plants will probably fill the horizontal space in my cabinet even without training. (I think my space is around 900x500) and I have 3 plants

Scrog doesn't... The other 2 do

Although the Scrog will take a while to fill up completely and you won't be able to move your plants. It's generally used with 1 tree in a small space or 2 in a medium space.
If you don't mind the wait and training your tree daily, then it would be the best way to maximise the use of your space as you literally will have a grid to fill out.

If you choose to mainline, you can trim off excess smaller growth and keep the tree within your space, and this way you can control the height of your tree without a screen because you will get a height increase by a factor of ~2.7x by the end of the flower stretch.

If you have the 3 trees already then you may just want to go with LST, and trim off whatever growth gets blocked from light or has weak stems - they won't hold themselves up by the end of flower.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, TheUltimateNoob said:

Scrog doesn't... The other 2 do

Although the Scrog will take a while to fill up completely and you won't be able to move your plants. It's generally used with 1 tree in a small space or 2 in a medium space.
If you don't mind the wait and training your tree daily, then it would be the best way to maximise the use of your space as you literally will have a grid to fill out.

If you choose to mainline, you can trim off excess smaller growth and keep the tree within your space, and this way you can control the height of your tree without a screen because you will get a height increase by a factor of ~2.7x by the end of the flower stretch.

If you have the 3 trees already then you may just want to go with LST, and trim off whatever growth gets blocked from light or has weak stems - they won't hold themselves up by the end of flower.

Really not sure which path to take.. Already have 3 plants, so if you say that LST will help then ill start reading up more on it. When would i need to start the LST?

Was thinking of topping soon.. just need to get some proper pruning scissors first? Unless i can use a stanley knife for the topping?

What would i need for LST if i decide to dome some of that? Soft plant ties?