First Attempt , First everything

Newbie_2020

5 minutes ago, StickyD420 said:

Water it as I said, on Friday again.

With water and Calcium Nitrate, maybe some N

Nothing else, and wait for Friday again. 

You could wait for Saturday or Sunday now to really get the medium dry properly and then 1 time a week is good, when it get more, around 2 days, you know your pot is getting too small.

Agreed, will wait for Friday. Will just monitor and hope this did not cause any damage. 😞 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Newbie_2020 said:

I would say first knuckle. 

2 minutes ago, Newbie_2020 said:

@CreX Thanks will try that, i would say its dry to the 1st nuckle currently. Will just have to wait it out. 

okay sweet, yea then you have all the info you need. no need to beat a dead horse anymore hehe

i generally wait till its dry down to the 2nd knuckle before i water.

is a bit of a dig, and i would try use the same hole for the next feel so i dont poke my roots too badly.

the knuckle test works better than the weight test for soil applications where even the dry medium is pretty heavy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

Update: Week 3 & 2 Days, day 23. After the horrible issue of over watering the lady she decided under horrible conditions to lift her head and show her willingness to fight.  My home was with out power for 24 hours, temperate dropped but growth has returned. Unfortunately the over water and issues are still visible on the leave`s but the learning curve is steep .  Still some form of deficiency in think with more leaves showing this rusty marks on the leaves. 

image.png.81ddc1ba4f76807a8e6a28222b368d28.pngimage.png.fd62e71eceb09b5c85cb909d2078cfef.pngimage.png.69a07af46bc89f4a8915e66bf073b887.pngimage.png.cdd00e0eff902c55f295a6c07843fc44.png       

@StickyD420 @Ill_Evan @Ill_Evan @TheUltimateNoob Good evening gents, need to just ask an question. With this girl being an Auto flower, i was told one should rather not use topping as an training method but rather use LST or Scrog. What is your recommendation around this, and the second question when is the best time to start LST your plant. My girl is 4x weeks on Friday so just want to be prepared once again. 

I agree... Autos are extremely sensitive.
I won't say you can't do it because I've seen threads in which people mainline autos - craziness - but it needs some serious fine tuning and practice.

So it's best to just not... Your whole tree could shrivel up in shock and die... On the real.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Newbie_2020 said:

@StickyD420 @Ill_Evan @Ill_Evan @TheUltimateNoob Good evening gents, need to just ask an question. With this girl being an Auto flower, i was told one should rather not use topping as an training method but rather use LST or Scrog. What is your recommendation around this, and the second question when is the best time to start LST your plant. My girl is 4x weeks on Friday so just want to be prepared once again. 

Hey bro, 

I think at 4 weeks old they should be ready for some LST. I started mine at around 3 weeks or after the second set of true leaves appear and the stem seems strong enough to handle the bend. I haven't gotten to the scrog yet. I think my LST went fairly well for my first time. The tops aren't completely evened out but got some nice bud sites that have formed.

Bear in mind that I'm not an experienced grower and just sharing my experience thus far

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Newbie_2020 said:

@Tee_Aitch_See @TheUltimateNoob @StickyD420 Thanks for the advise gents, will do some LST over the weekend . One question can one LST and still later plant the lady in a bigger container ? Dont want to stress her out to many times. So if its safer to plant her over to a 10l or 20 l container before doing LST. 

You can, but generally growers don't transplant autos because they're sensitive... The effect of any damage to the roots will be much more apparent and affect the plant much more as compared to a photoperiod strain. 

So since you're starting off, I suggest starting off tree in your final pot - the growth will be a tad slower but you won't run the risk of losing your plant by damaging the roots during transplant. 

If you feel confident enough, you can start off in a small container and transplant. There are ALOT of growers that do this, but make sure you take more care when doing so. 

It's also note worthy that you will have to plan how you LST the tree quite well if you plan to switch containers... So IMO it's easier to just stick to your final pot. 

Edited by TheUltimateNoob
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Newbie_2020 said:

@StickyD420 Thanks i thought so , another rookie mistake. Will see what can be done.

Haha, we all learn bro... And no problem... When I first started off, I once thought you could treat autos the same as Photoperiods as well... Needless to say I've learnt a lot since then. 

Edited by TheUltimateNoob
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Newbie_2020 said:

@TheUltimateNoob Thanks for guidance. What is the best sized pot for indoor growing. 20L ?

Howzit bro. All depends on the space available. Remembering that plants sizes get quite large after flowering.

Autos also have a specific time line.

So they only grow for a certain time.

And grow small aswell.

No use putting in a 20L pot if u just gona be wasting space. Soil. Nutez.

Photos can go for months. Therefore have the time to full the container out nicely. 

From my research it seemed like 7 - 15 liter pots work lekker.

Also what size are u currently in?

Howzit bro. All depends on the space available. Remembering that plants sizes get quite large after flowering.
Autos also have a specific time line.
So they only grow for a certain time.
And grow small aswell.
No use putting in a 20L pot if u just gona be wasting space. Soil. Nutez.

Photos can go for months. Therefore have the time to full the container out nicely. 
From my research it seemed like 7 - 15 liter pots work lekker.

Also what size are u currently in?

I agree here@Newbie_2020 , I veg in ~9L plastic pots and flower in 20L fabric ones - growing Photoperiods.

With autos I'd suggest (as stated in the previous comment) 7L or just over for a medium sized tree, 15 or 20L for a big tree.

Root mass limits size to some extent but it's also important that you aren't wasting medium and such also, so check up on the strain and how big the tree can get, then decide if you want to let it grow that big or limit its size by using a smaller pot.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Newbie_2020 said:

@afternoon blazer I the lady is currently in a 5L pot but have a 10L Freedom Farms fabric pot available. So from a size point of view she is a White Window CBD Autoflower strain, the site say size is from 60-150cm , 75 days flowering time. 

@Prom would you be able to throw some light here please?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Newbie_2020 said:

@afternoon blazer I have the lady currently in a 5L pot but have a 10L Freedom Farms fabric pot available. So from a size point of view she is a White Window CBD Autoflower strain, the site say size is from 60-150cm , 75 days flowering time. 

Might be safer to leave it in where it is.

(Risk becomes 0. But the yield would be abit smaller)

Or take a risk. But u could end up with no yield.

Rather put it down as a learning curve. Keep growing as u are. Use this plant as a good starter plant to maybe learn as much as u can for the next grow.

Im also starting small.

Im in 8L pots bro.

• Like 2