25 members have voted

1. 1. What type of lights do you use?

• LED
    • HID
    • CFL
    • The Sun (Grow outdoors only)
    • Other (Specify in a comment)

9 minutes ago, Ill_Evan said:

Should perform fine. Must just be wary of fade in a year or two and be able to pick up on it if it does happen. Hard to do without an Apogee or something 😢

Very true, the naked eye would not pick up any differences over a long period of time, possibly a cellphone app for Lux as a reference only at the start at a given height, even though not something you can do calculations or bet your life on, it would show the degradation over a set time.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, StickyD420 said:

I'd be extemely happy to setup such a diary, or more a log of what happened, as soon as ready...

Out of curiosity, what am I aiming for, to say keep my credibility, and then aiming for if I want to impress?

Specs:

Light 600w

10 bag seeds plants from import beans

Area 2.5x1m

Light 1.5x1m

Ps, who was it that had a bet on grams per meter or so again?

If things go as smooth as your last run... You should get close to 1kg.

I do feel your claim of 700g under the 300w is a bit hectic. 

At what point do you weigh your harvest? 

Im trying to hit 1.5g a w and that's proving excruciating lol

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

I'm hoping for 1kg dry,

Was about 600 to 700g dry after hanging for 14 days to dry, weighing, then jar to cure.

Realistically its probably just over 600g as I had smoked some while drying and added that to the total without an actual count first.

I'll be more specific and detailed and have logs of everything I can possibly think of on my now run.

I want to be fair and precise, and not have any doubts at all.

Shout if you have any suggestions to do please regards logs or pictures?

Edited by StickyD420
  • Like 2

Just now, StickyD420 said:

I'm hoping for 1kg dry,

Was about 600 to 700g dry after hanging for 14 days to dry, weighing, then jar to cure.

Realistically its probably just over 600g as I had smoked some while drying and added that to the total without an actual count first.

I'll be more specific and detailed on have logs of everything I can possibly think of on my now run.

I want to be fair and precise, and not have any doubts at all.

Shout if you have any suggestions to do please regards logs or pictures?

For the weighing part, I would suggest a few changes. 

14 day dry period is really really lengthy... I can imagine everything was bone dry. 

If I leave my bud out to dry for more than 3 or 4 days everything is crispy dry. 

So I wouldn't dry for longer than a week at 60%humidity.

And then once it has been jarred you need to get the RH to stabilize at around 58-62% 

Bovida packs really take the effort out of curing👌

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CreX said:

For the weighing part, I would suggest a few changes. 

14 day dry period is really really lengthy... I can imagine everything was bone dry. 

If I leave my bud out to dry for more than 3 or 4 days everything is crispy dry. 

So I wouldn't dry for longer than a week at 60%humidity.

And then once it has been jarred you need to get the RH to stabilize at around 58-62% 

Bovida packs really take the effort out of curing👌

Nah, actually not 14 days at 18deg, 60H is perfect, low and slow.

I've never had a single issue with my goods, and use the humidity packs after the burping. 

My process stems from many others preferred way.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, StickyD420 said:

Question, 

Do you prefer a gram per watt calculations, or grams per meter squared?

Cause you can fit more under my light than a meter squared, and feel it's more about watts, as you go to large a area you just fluffy bud?

Grams per watt. 

That's much easier than sqm as everybody packs their sgm differently. 

If you have a 1.5x1.5 tent, but only running one plant... You gonna have a shit output. 

But if you use grams per watt on that one plant, you will be rather surprised. 

7 minutes ago, StickyD420 said:

Nah, actually not 14 days at 18deg, 60H is perfect, low and slow.

I've never had a single issue with my goods, and use the humidity packs after the burping. 

My process stems from many others preferred way.

Maybe if I was able to control the RH better I would dry for longer... But still not longer than 7 days. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

No, you only count the foot print of the plant. In a full tent, that is easy. Otherwise you make a fair guess. Only person you cheat on is you.. so fair in your point of view ^^ full tents leave no big range for arguments.

If you dry longer as 7 days.. your room climate is very very bad.

First 2 days, 45-55% humidity, 18-20 degrees.

next 3-5 days. 50-60% humidity at 20-22 degrees. 

That is the 'perfect' way.. and after 7 days your fattest buds should be dry. Longer.. mold issues get very very dangerous. Also.. shorter as 5 days total.. will leave a "hay" smell. Needs longer curing.

Run curing at 62% and when you are happy after 2 weeks, change to a 58% bag and go long term storage. after 2 months.. life is good 😀 4 months even better 😁 and after 6-9 months we go mouthgasm 😎

5 hours ago, Ill_Evan said:

Should perform fine. Must just be wary of fade in a year or two and be able to pick up on it if it does happen. Hard to do without an Apogee or something 😢

I'm nearing the end of my 2nd grow with these lights and buds are still coming out rock hard. I'm guessing fluffy nugs would be a possible way of telling the LEDs are fading without an apogee?

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Bakstein420 said:

I'm nearing the end of my 2nd grow with these lights and buds are still coming out rock hard. I'm guessing fluffy nugs would be a possible way of telling the LEDs are fading without an apogee?

improved grow skill could account for not seeing any fade.

diodes are rated with a 10000 h lifetime or 20000 i think

so you are more likely to upgrade your lights before they become an issue

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CreX said:

Maybe if I was able to control the RH better I would dry for longer... But still not longer than 7 days. 

Fully understandable, and agree with you.

The very best dry process is slow at 18deg, and your nipples must pierce through your shirt, that's how cold it must be in there, and gradually bringing your Humidity down from 65 to 55 then 50, then jar. You want all the plants juices to slowly escape for the best smoke.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

53 minutes ago, Prom said:

No, you only count the foot print of the plant. In a full tent, that is easy. Otherwise you make a fair guess. Only person you cheat on is you.. so fair in your point of view ^^ full tents leave no big range for arguments.

If you dry longer as 7 days.. your room climate is very very bad.

First 2 days, 45-55% humidity, 18-20 degrees.

next 3-5 days. 50-60% humidity at 20-22 degrees. 

That is the 'perfect' way.. and after 7 days your fattest buds should be dry. Longer.. mold issues get very very dangerous. Also.. shorter as 5 days total.. will leave a "hay" smell. Needs longer curing.

Run curing at 62% and when you are happy after 2 weeks, change to a 58% bag and go long term storage. after 2 months.. life is good 😀 4 months even better 😁 and after 6-9 months we go mouthgasm 😎

I wouldn't disagree at all, if that works for you, you have a working formula. 

From my experience and learning, have found more places going on my process and having great success with it. Each way isn't wrong, and people climate is different per place and needs different inputs. 

I find this works for me and have not once had mold problems in drying or after.

2 hours ago, GGG said:

At this point you the hitting hight numbers, most probable we need suggestions from you emoji6.png, just pulling your leg bro, jealousy dies that emoji38.png

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Dont be Jelly brother, we all here to learn and grow together😊

I'm no pro or best at this by a long shot, still long way to go for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StickyD420 said:

Firstly, I apologize for the picture quality, its zoomed and not meant for this purpose or taken specifically. 

I wanted to show the light praise of the leaves after the tea I make up.

Microbes and Enzymes 🔥

20200625_193751.jpg

I find a milk feed also makes them pray hard happy plants man! 

• Agree 1