Deficiency or lock out??

@Naughty.Psychonaut @Prom @Mambawana
Checked out the whole thread.

Breakdown: Plant is in FF ''living'' soil and you feeding salt based nutes. There seems to be more than one issue here.
In my humble opinion gathered from the info on this thread is that the ''rootzone'' system has been harmed and it's affecting the soils natural ability to absorb and or ''buffer'' your feeding. The initial feeding ph as mentioned was too low, seems like hydro ph was applied to soil. Mixing hydro and soil is asking for headache I believe.

Reference: In soil the rootsystem absorbs different nutes/elements at different areas, working in symbiosis with the micro organisms in the soil to control the ph at those different areas to facilitate absorption.

Analysis: The natural system took a hit and it needs to be repaired/supported.
1. It doesnt look terrible, a few leaves showing some issues. Could only be early signs.
2. Is the new growth looking healthy, or is the damage progressing?
3. Has growth slowed down/ seemingly standing still?

Suggestion: You've done a semi flush which will help, how much we can't be sure. Let her dry out normally and monitor. I'd suggest you get a batch of AACT going to re-innoculate your soil to assist recovery for the ''next'' watering.
Some FF (for the EWC) soil or compost and molasses in dechlorinated water with active aeration.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I used freedom farms soil in my last grow and thought I had some ph issues so did abit of research, kinda got mixed answers though.

Growguru's website recommends watering with a ph of 5.5-6.0 as the soil is buffered to raise ph.

On the other hand, the feeding chart for biobizz recommends a ph of 6.2-6.3 in freedom farms soil.

I personally follow the biobizz recommendations. 

I have been using FF premium for a while with cuttings and only water with plain water for a few weeks and if needed I ad , as mentioned above, castings or compost on top.
What medium are you going to repot it in?

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

I used freedom farms soil in my last grow and thought I had some ph issues so did abit of research, kinda got mixed answers though.
Growguru's website recommends watering with a ph of 5.5-6.0 as the soil is buffered to raise ph.
On the other hand, the feeding chart for biobizz recommends a ph of 6.2-6.3 in freedom farms soil.
I personally follow the biobizz recommendations. 
FF soils are produced in ''batches'' so there could be a number of slight variations.
Some plants can take a bit of punishment, while others struggle. It could also be that your plant is just a bit more sensitive.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I agree with @Bospatrollie2. Organic soil and salts can sometimes have adverse effects.

I use biobizz with my soil and the nutes ALWAYS end up at 5.4 - 5.6 with dechlorinated water. My pH out the tap is around 9.5, drops to around 7.5 after the bubbling. Also, it's worth mentioning, my runoff was always higher than what i put in, around 6.5.

When i do run into issues like the one you have, it's mostly a lack of CalMag. I noticed one or two of your leaves look slightly twisty. That's also pointing to magnesium. I'd say flush at 6.0 and once she's ready for a watering, give the base feed and add some CalMag.

On the topic of organic soil with synth nutes, would promoting microbes do anything positive for a salt based diet? Will they still be effective considering organic nutes feed the microbes and not the plant so much. As far as my undestanding goes, synth nutes feed the plant, not the critters.

Edited by CG420za
  • Like 1

@Mambawana
I was quite surprised myself by that ph reading on the run off. Kind of hoped it would just point out the probplem already hahah I have definitly been using google wrong then, been giving wrong ph from the start! Will bring it up to between 6 and 7.
I appreciate all your help man!

@Bospatrollie2
She is not getting worse, but also not getting better. I've noticed after the flush her new growth has gotten a bit darker, if anything. She's still growing, but is significantly smaller than the rest of the the young ladies her age.
This is a Blueberry Fem seed from Dutch Passion, I got two of them going and I notice now some yellowing on the leaves of the other one too, think you might be on to something with the sensitive plant thing. Maybe just a few softies not really in the mood for growing?
I need an air pump to get my AACT going, got everything else needed, just need a pump and some tubing? I know the oxygen helps a lot with repairs in the root zone, but when next feed comes and I don't have a pump, could I just give tap water with 7ph and molasses? Or would there be a better option?

@GGG
She'll be going into some more ff premium. Anything better to reccomend?

@CG420za
I have alreadtly flushed her with 7ph water.
It is my understanding that with a healthy sybiote in your soil you can avoid salt build up to soar to toxic levels. I am not trying to feed the microbes the salt, but besides flushing a medium to prevent build up we add things like compost tea as an microbial innoculant to keep a healthy symbiote which then helps the breakdown of exessive salts avoiding a build up? I've heard of people flushing with microbial innoculant spesifically for the purpose of curbing salt build up and for the beneficial exchange that takes place between the roots and it's surroundings? I could be way off and please correct me if I am?

Update : She was flushed with water with 7ph, she's drying now, will probably take another 2 days or so, keeping a close eye on her!
Again, thanks for all the help guys, I think you like minded people will be most understanding as to how much I am appreciating all this info!!!

• Like 1

When I use FF Premium I only use that and water, after a few weeks if I start seeing a difference in the plant I ( lots of "I's ) top dress with molasses and/or worm casting, just a little and no synt nutes. Before flower il repot to bigger pots and use 50/50 coco perlight and then slowly start with low EC.
Doing my 1st run with FF Custom Crafted soil and only water, no NOTHING added and I have so much more free time and plants looks way better.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So, here she is now.20200613_194201.thumb.jpg.719c4b9fd8506b6a9552b692db953869.jpg

Things got to a point where I just didn't know what to do anymore, was gona plant her out or put her somewhere else. Didn't think about it twice, had a couple new bags of soil, also ff premium mix, took her old soil out and dumped it on the compost heap, took a hose with a shower head and cleaned the roots completely and replanted her in new soil. Can't even tell now that it was ever a replacement plant, she's even taller than the Super Lemon Haze right next to her. 

• Like 1