First ever grow

SAgrower

Evening@SAgrower

Pics of the whole plant are good, but pls also add close up pics of the problem areas.

Here is what I can see.

1. That plants looks like you are spraying something- milk for pm? (White spots)

2. Are the bricks for stability? What size is that bag? Maybe she is rootbound.

3. Is the brick on the right cutting into the stem at all?

4. Some of those brown buds look like bud rot but need a close up pic.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

1. Milk solution was sprayed for WPM

2. Bricks are there to help that the pots dont blow over. 20L bag.

3. The brick is on a root, picture attached.

4. Close up pic attached. I have removed about 10 similar looking branches yesterday.

Thanks for the help, you guys have no idea how much it is helping. This being my first grow it feels like some sort of an attachment to the trees and I actually worry when shit things like this happens.

d93b492da925e5a176796f77eabaf6fd.jpg83f7b6aaead6c266a67c1740f6089bd5.jpg30d421ce8a0aca167ba3ea565926abf5.jpg

5820284f1a2d1eb1de971beec415992d.jpg

Those brown dry buds look suspiciously like bud rot or dry rot. The fungus is pretty nasty and can spread, I would suggest removing all that are affected carefully, so you don't spread the spores.

If it is fungus, those buds are useless anyway.

If you cut branches it might be a good idea to seal them with a commercial sealer or a honey and powder cinnamon mix to prevent infection.

I would suggest you topdress that pot with a 5-10cm layer of medium/compost.

Roots dont like being exposed to light/air.

Could always place the brick on top of the compost if you need extra weight.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

On 3/10/2020 at 11:45 AM, SAgrower said:

Thanks guys, appreciate the response. I sprayed the plants yesterday late afternoon with a tobacco, sunlight liquid and gloves mix. I removed most of them by hand but how can I get rid of the ants in the pots and plants currently?

I used some ground coffee mixed with maize meal for the ants last season. Worked well.

:-peace

• Like 1

Those brown dry buds look suspiciously like bud rot or dry rot. The fungus is pretty nasty and can spread, I would suggest removing all that are affected carefully, so you don't spread the spores.
If it is fungus, those buds are useless anyway.
If you cut branches it might be a good idea to seal them with a commercial sealer or a honey and powder cinnamon mix to prevent infection.

I would suggest you topdress that pot with a 5-10cm layer of medium/compost.
Roots dont like being exposed to light/air.
Could always place the brick on top of the compost if you need extra weight.

I used some ground coffee mixed with maize meal for the ants last season. Worked well.
:-peace
Thanks for the inputs, I shall be doing so today.

Hi @SAgrower , you got some insect and bug problems there, the little holes in the leaves most likely a kind of Caterpillar, some of it looks like leafminers, but the biggest issue is what looks to me like rust/blackmold.

The plants are far into flowering to suggest any treatments (in my opinion), except, defoliate as much of the infected/damaged leaves, keep a close eye and chop when she's done, plants in serious stress will usually finish up faster. :-thumbsup

Edited by Dank
  • Like 1

Good Morning.. not sure is a good one for you SAgrower.

This is hard... really hard to tell.. I would say you have fungi, root and Caterpillar/Grasshopper issues.. but would really need to feel the leaves and see the full plant. 

So very much please please.. others might have better information. The holes are your smallest issue.. when you pulled the plant yesterday, did you smell at the roots? You smell very easy if you have root rot.

Sorry.. pictures just keep me guessing..

• Like 1

Hi @SAgrower , you got some insect and bug problems there, the little holes in the leaves most likely a kind of Caterpillar, some of it looks like leafminers, but the biggest issue is what looks to me like rust/blackmold.
The plants are far into flowering to suggest any treatments, except, defoliate as much of the infected/damaged leaves, keep a close eye and chop when she's done, plants in serious stress will usually finish up faster. :-thumbsup
Thanks for the info, appreciate it.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, SAgrower said:
6 minutes ago, Dank said:
The plants are far into flowering to suggest any treatments, except, defoliate as much of the infected/damaged leaves, keep a close eye and chop when she's done, plants in serious stress will usually finish up faster. :-thumbsup

Thanks for the info, appreciate it.

Any time @SAgrower 

I forgot to mention you should take a look around the buds, even inside them, the little caterpillars like to burrow their way into the buds, those buds will develop even further issues.

Edited by Dank
  • Agree 1

Any time @SAgrower 
I forgot to mention you should take a look around the buds, even inside them, the little caterpillars like to burrow their way into the buds, those buds will develop even further issues.
I will do some serious inspection today thanks for all of the help, hopefully this grow doesn't go to shit.
  • Agree 1

Good luck dude, keep us posted :-thumbsup
Thanks will do. Something that just occurred to me. Last week I bought some potting soil from builders to just ensure all of the roots are covered because some of the small fine roots were on top of the soil.

There are 2 pots which did not receive that soil, the others are all looking the same as the pictures I posted.

Could this just be a coincidence?
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SAgrower said:

Thanks will do. Something that just occurred to me. Last week I bought some potting soil from builders to just ensure all of the roots are covered because some of the small fine roots were on top of the soil.

There are 2 pots which did not receive that soil, the others are all looking the same as the pictures I posted.

Could this just be a coincidence?

If the two pots that did not receive soil from builders is looking better than those that received, I would also assume that you got some biological lifeforms included in the deal.

The soil biz is a dirty one, potting soils should be sterilized and then inoculated with beneficials, don't know how many soil companies bother with this.

Edited by Dank
  • Like 1