48 minutes ago, CreX said:

What density are you getting? Looks nice and frosty! 

Its pretty dense bud, but these were not grown in the best setup, stacks calyxes nicely, sorry my camera is crappy, does not do much justice to the buds.

Here are a few nugs from the other mother, more bushy plant and can go seriously purple if temps drop.

This is that classic blueberry muffin, less tangy than the other mom.

image.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I dig his view about how anybody can sift for their location/tastes/experiences and breed something truly unique that you can enjoy and share.

Totally true. I hit a dingy pub late a couple weeks ago, a couple canes down and a few joints. Strange dreadlock man sitting in the corner with a glint in his eye. He went outside to roll one and gave me and my mate an invite. Went outside, started chatting, puffed his joint and knew where he got it from. Wink wink. Bush telegraph works in strange ways. Awesome content @Dank. Give me a shout in a couple weeks. I will give you some Fire OG direct from Reeferman when it arrives to help your efforts.

• Thanks 1

Ah forgot to mention, it was Malberry Haze by something I stupidly started about 8 years ago. Was lank amped to offer people things. Damn if I could show you posts from our cannabis community, both here and FB. Its actually the reason I joined here to respond to people I only helped. Not playing victim, happened again yesterday on FB. Shared a post www.mastergu.co.za and sadly someone I respect, posted immediately, fake, joke etc. They to have not supported mastergu, never grown his stuff. That dude has been growing cannabis for decades and made a strain for his medical conditions. But anyway I agree some of the comments, local is not always lekker. Hence I diverted attention overseas and damn has a new world opened up. Anything is possible guys, do what you need to do, support guys doing things. If you get a bad gut feel walk away.
Amped that Jeremy Acton is still growing some of my old crossed seeds. He seems to enjoy them. Hopefully he going to share back to. What a man that is, a true cannabis tarrie smoking warrior.

• Like 1

Welcome to the group @Chris Jay , sounds lekker man, the Cannabis community in SA will be unique that is for sure, sorry to hear about the social things, FB is another monster hahaha.

Here on the forum its pretty chilled, rep doesnt mean that much I think, users enjoy sharing the cannabis love and helping each other growing better herb, a nice vibe.

About the quality of seeds/flower, its like that all over the world, people arrive in Amterdamn thinking all the bud is top shelf, this is hardly true, about 60% (prob more) of the coffee shops have really crappy weed.

Same goes for seeds, its a big business so not all have ethics required. But with that said grew some killer bud from Holland seeds recently, not bad at all, was from Dinafem freebies nogals, thought it would be mediocore but excellent smoke and bagappeal.

Edited by Dank
  • Like 2

I think you are a little wrong. Been observing cannabis for sometime. Cannapax is a good example, whichever way you want to look at the story, similar to Amsterdam weed. I have seen guys today, they are nice, cause they have good social skills and are highly intelligent. Same guys talk kak behind peoples backs, and oh so nice in front. I see them swaying the market towards babylon, wether they know it or not. I hope South Africa is going to be uniquely different, always hoped that. Good to hear it is a chilled vibe here, when I first joined the truth could not be told, and it was not a free board as some suggested. Point being is do what you feel is right, and just go for gold. But watch the snakes in the veld, their bite is rotten.

Amsterdam is a good example. Many people shout that the seeds are duds. But if you look in the alleys and corners, you will find good people, selling good genetics. People are strange.

@Dank 

I really enjoy being part of this forum, it's surely a sign of the community that's slowly growing in sa.

There's just one disappointing trait that a few here have and it's really off putting. People that are associated with cannabis are usually the coolest blokes on the block and appreciate life and each other's contributions. Here there are those that are hell bent on proving others wrong at every chance instead of lighting one up and sharing their views in a decent manner. 

It has on a few occasions made me feel that I should just go about my business on my own in the shadows like I've done for many years. 

But then there are guys like you that show there is hope for growing this into something bigger. Kind souls that see the bigger picture and motivate others. Keep being the person you are.

Happy 2020 bru... Cheers to the day when our genetics will be known and sorted after... locally and internationally...

And a Happy 2020 to everyone here. Hoping on a clean slate with new positive attitudes.

• Like 1

Yo @Mambawana :-rolled happy 2020 to you to my bru, hope its filled with the dankness!

I think life is like a box o chocolates and people are like licorice all sorts :-puffin  i dont really mind if somebody wants to criticize me or prove me wrong (the only way to learn sometimes, and my own mistakes), everybody has the right to their opinion, sometimes things are a bit fkdup, but the mods do a good job I think.

I know some okes are blazing on some super positive strains, while others are klapping kinda opiate "og" type weed, discussions won't always go smooth.

I dig variety and I must say I would hate it if everybody just agreed etc etc, while some comments on the net can heat us up, its not life, and with weed, well she usually speaks for herself anyway, I just try and give her a good life.

Thanks for the kind words man, im really just smoking on too much good herb, not hard to see the silver linings, stay blessed up brother, fkkken amped to see that fire you going 8-)  Electic Watermelon got my attention for sure dude!

Edited by Dank
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

@Dank 

Too true... yeah I'm also blazing like a king. It really is hard at times making that choice of what I want to smoke and I love it. I wish my variety on everyone. And the flavours keep adding up. Found 2 terpine packed phenos this round that are so tasty.

Check these ladies rushing for some of that watermelon... day 10 in the dome. They already in their solo cups and ready to be topped. Awaiting flower room to come down so we can kick off but don't look like my gals want to finish anytime this year...

IMG_20191230_213124.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mambawana said:

@Dank 

Too true... yeah I'm also blazing like a king. It really is hard at times making that choice of what I want to smoke and I love it. I wish my variety on everyone. And the flavours keep adding up. Found 2 terpine packed phenos this round that are so tasty.

Check these ladies rushing for some of that watermelon... day 10 in the dome. They already in their solo cups and ready to be topped. Awaiting flower room to come down so we can kick off but don't look like my gals want to finish anytime this year...

IMG_20191230_213124.jpg

I really hope they finish this year hahaha 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Dank unpinned this topic

• Similar Content

• By monkeybar
      Hey guys! 
      I am really looking forward to this grow. Objective is for personal breeding purposes. 
      This will be my first time experimenting with breeding cannabis, any help is appreciated 🙂

Currently growing Laughing Buddha (Barney's Farm) and Charlotte's Angel (Dutch Passion). Plan is to cross Novakane with these strains, as well as breeding Novakane F2 seeds. 
      Novakane F1 seeds were sourced from @Totemic. On a side note, just a thank you from my part. The beans I ordered arrived swiftly, with a lot of freebies! The quality of these seeds are unmatched. 

Started germinating today, soaked 5 regular seeds for 30min in Explogrow. Afterwards transferring them to a 1:100 solution of Explogrow and pH 6 water for 12 hours. 
      Am a fan of the paper-towel method, and have had great success placing said paper-towel inside a plastic bag on top of my router. Will do this next...

Grow setup:
      240W LM301b + Epistar 660nm Kingbrite Quantum Board
      Freedom Farms Premium Soil
      T.A. Pro Organic Nutrients
      1.2 x 0.7m Grow Tent

• By SaVanT
      Hi everyone,
      First time posting here. So here is photos of my plants that's been growing since last year October until now.
      Apologies if the photos are not in order from start to where they are now.

Medium:                    Coco, Vermiculite, Pearlite ((Topped with a layer of sterile sand))
                                          Think these are 8L buckets. They are very small
      Feeding:                     Manual hydro feed every day by hand
                                          Sometimes the rain helped a bit
      Feeding schedule:    Feed Feed water, Feed feed water etc.
                                          Foliar Feeding every water day at 4pm
      Strains:                      No idea xD
      Germinate day:         3rd October 2019
      Environment:            Outdoor under 10% Shade netting on top, Insect netting on the sides
                                          Had to move some of them to the outside, as space was a problem

Would appreciate it if anyone can help identify the strains. 

Do excuse the top colas of the sativas thats touching the roof (I know i cringe as well but those ones want to reach heaven it seems.

Enjoy

• By MissMayhem
      Hey guys, 
      I'm new to the forum, I saw there was a poll on the local seed banks but a few of the sites were down and some were great. I'm just looking for some variety on a pick n mix batch of about 3 different high thc strains. Feminized. 
      Can anyone suggest any decent places and nice very high the strains?
      I've been thinking of buying from cannasmiths, biltong n budz or greensmokeroom. 
      Have some nice strains, decent prices and sell individual seeds,
      Looking at royal gorilla, Jack herer, utopia haze, Durban poison
      Jackys girl on gsr sounds amazing, a touch out of my price for one seed. 
      Any local strains that are especially good in our climate?
      Is there anything I should watch out for with any of the local seed banks?
      Any and all feed back appreciated :)
    • By Dank
      I just finished ordering some new studs and girls for my next breeding projects, some new lines and some to pimp up existing crosses i have had the pleasure of working with.
      It is not always easy deciding which way to go selecting genetics, seed banks, new strains, old proven classics, etc. 
      This got me thinking, what strains would you guys and gals like to see available here on the forum as tester seeds (or breeding stock)?
    • By Dank
      Sup 420SA 
      Disclaimer: I breed Cannabis seed as a hobby to help preserve seeds (genetics) and possibly improve certain strains. I provide these genetics for free to our Collective of growers, most of which are medical patients. 
      I am not a master breeder, this was the first year that I could see so many of my own crosses being grown out, a wonderful experience. After being a custodian for so many years, it is time we share the Fire with the community.
      Some of the bud shots will be grown by me, most pictures I will post here will be from growers and future breeders in our Collective.  
      Blessed love