Stoukie's Auto Training Experiment

Stoukie

Thanx for the replies guys.

I have been using the AQ SF Liquid from Jamie's Garden Shop for another lady in flower, my last spray I added a bit of oil as a wetting agent, seems to have helped but this is my third spray... 

Will have to look into a proper IPM regiment going forward as it's really suck making all the effort only to battle PM in the last weeks of flower.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Zaskar09 said:

I use this on my vegetables:

https://biogrow.co.za/garden-spray-programme/

It’s different mixes alternated every 14 days, it works really well. It’s from the same guys that make Pyrol and covers both the fungal and pest sides.

Prevention really is better than cure.

Hmm, interesting. Does it list the ingredients?
Bioneem sounds as if it may just be neem, haha. is that the case?

The copper soap sounds appealing, is it safe to spray on the buds too? A spray every 2 weeks does not sound like a hassle, Powdery mildew does though!

Edited by PsyCLown

1 hour ago, PsyCLown said:

Hmm, interesting. Does it list the ingredients?
Bioneem sounds as if it may just be neem, haha. is that the case?

The copper soap sounds appealing, is it safe to spray on the buds too? A spray every 2 weeks does not sound like a hassle, Powdery mildew does though!

It probably is just Neem, but it’s not that expensive and I’ll gladly pay for something that’s convenient and that someone went through the time and effort to figure out what is compatible with what and at what ratios.

Not sure, but I spray it on tomatoes and squashes during flowering and they turn out fine. I don’t smoke my tomatoes though.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2019 at 9:08 AM, Dank said:

@Pat999 @Stoukie I have a horticultural friend (not Cannabis) that mentioned to me the other day he uses cinnamon to control PM organically, I haven't tried yet.

The usual H202 mix + some diluted vinegar also does the trick for me.

Glad your are winning that battle man! If all else fails I defol like a mofo! :-hilarious

Not trying to give advice just been meaning to mention this to you guys about the PM, especially with outdoor season coming sooooon!

Hey @Dank, never tried H202 before but read a few good and bad things... what is the mix ratio when using the 3% Hydrogen Peroxide you get at the pharmacy?

• Like 1

Hi @Stoukie , haven't had to deal with PM in a while, some friends had good results with just mixing a tablespoon of vinegar to about 1.5l of water. 

Here is the recipe I used when encountering problems. Compliments of Smokin Moose

"Hydrogen peroxide is beneficial as an addition to nutrient feeding programs at all times. It feeds the good aerobic bacteria and kills the bad anaerobic bacteria. It also introduces radical oxygen atoms which oxidize elements, making them more available for the roots to assimilate. I apply 3% H2O2 at a rate of 30ml/gallon to the reservoir. The plants show no visible signs of stress afterwards, which indicates that it was not an excessive application.

Sprouting Seeds: add 30ml 3% H2O2 to 1 pint of water. Soak the seeds overnight.
Insecticide Spray: combine 250ml 3% H2O2 to 1 gallon spray mix.
Fast growing container plants: add 30ml of 3% H2O2 to 1 gallon water.
Hydroponics: apply 3% H2O2 at a rate of 30ml/gallon to the nutrient reservoir."

Edit - 
The US gallon is used in the United States and is equal to exactly 231 cubic inches or 3.785411784 liters. The Imperial gallon or UK gallon is used in the United Kingdom and is equal to approximately 277.42 cubic inches. Its exact value is defined as 4.54609 liters. One imperial gallon is approximately 1.2 US gallons.

Edited by Dank
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

High time for a update... pun intended. 7 weeks 2 days since germination and the ladies are progressing very well.

I must confess I should have rather used the same strain for this experiment, seeing how different each strain respond to training makes me feel that it's a bit of a missed opportunity, but at the end of the day if that is what I (we) learn from the ordeal it's not all bad.

Anyway, let's get to the part where I post pictures and stop talking nonsense.

CBD Crack Auto, topped early on in the grow. My favourite out of the 3 due to how she responded, 4 main colas with strong branches, I might even top each of the 4 colas to have 8, but I will see, might be a bit late in the day.

From the side:

20190705_175601.thumb.jpg.fcb3277af72a4fb5a568e1385204509d.jpg

Top view showing the 4 main colas:

20190705_175607.thumb.jpg.41529849731deeb3158884da32ac2a1c.jpg

Nice thick main branch sprouting into 4 side branches:

20190705_175618.thumb.jpg.3dd066bc33a1e296f95bd6e4df513cb9.jpg

Fastberry Auto, bend over and pinned some of the branches to the side. Not quite what I wanted, colas all uneven and she started flowering already... Where I think I went wrong was to not bend her over more, but my pins was starting to cut into the fast growing trunk so I loosened it a bit...

Side view:

20190705_175734.thumb.jpg.3b0d34fdf3c3e0e44c4b0cbe3d755af6.jpg

Top view:

20190705_175739.thumb.jpg.623e5d7a36f1dd3559db25c837fd4ef1.jpg

Showing a purple flower starting to form:

20190705_175744.thumb.jpg.41b36d2ad5c59e4fb19d9ce20d91e7f2.jpg

Daiquiri Lime Auto, no training, no leaves taken off. She is growing extremely fast and tall and the fan leaves are huge, very impressed.

Side view showing her hight:

20190705_175829.thumb.jpg.8d58729c749e2e9dc942be3003d3092d.jpg

Top view:

20190705_175835.thumb.jpg.dd3501fe6b59e8dbb664eae979a61a2d.jpg

Very large fan leaves (as big as my hand):

20190705_175913.thumb.jpg.70888dae387e936eee680aa1b72c5e52.jpg

So far it is not to difficult to say what's working best... yes that's right, doing nothing 😛

I'm still rooting for the CBD Crack that I topped, things will be happening soon, I can feel it!

Until next week... or the week after that... or the week after that 😊

• Like 7

• 1 month later...

Well thats embarrassing, last update was more than a month ago... 

Things have progressed allot, all ladies now in final stages of flower. I must say, this grow was a good example of how a small mistake in the vegging stage of a auto can negatively influence the yield, if it happened with a photoperiod grow one could have easily rectified the issue before switching over to flower.

I personally do not stress to much about how much grams I pull per plant, growing for personal use 😊

Picture of the ladies sunbathing outside and posing for a photo:

20190817_124833.thumb.jpg.2317106d993be8119bdbcf9005df87eb.jpg

From left to right we have the Daiquiri Lime, Fastberry and then the CBD Crack.

Close up of the Daiquiri Lime, I must admit she does look the best out of the 3, keeping in mind I did not do much or any training:

20190817_124837.thumb.jpg.d1a7be4ccd1f906347fbd3d11c8d9def.jpg

Next is the Fastberry, amazing colours and super frosty:

20190817_124845.thumb.jpg.49be2d005f507b7d57f69833fb71fa8f.jpg

Close up of the Fastberry:

20190818_115729.thumb.jpg.e1d721363dfb67f097a374b3579e450c.jpg

And lastly the CBD Crack, was hoping for a bit more stretch, but it is what it is, lesson learned:

20190817_124848.thumb.jpg.f083706c527cbdaefd80c586ed1ecf09.jpg

Hoping to harvest in the next 2 to 3 weeks.

• Like 6