South African Rosin Presses

@biometrics I get them from a supplier in the states.

Bags come in 3.5g, 7g and 14g 

160  micron for fresh sticky flower

120 micron slightly sticky drier flower

90 micron dry flower

37 micron kief, hash, dry sift and to produce isolates

I'm pressing on average 190 Fahrenheit at 90 sec but still dialing in the different strains

90 micron dry flower
I'm pressing on average 190 Fahrenheit at 90 sec but still dialing in the different strains

@Moosed have you made isolate before? Did you have it tested?

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

@PsyCLown, thanks dude. The strain is wedding cake - it's incredible, bong exhale tastes like it smells.

I've only done a couple runs with dry ice hash and the result is pretty potent.

I have a nugsmasher XP, built in the US and weighs like a ton. Super good build quality.

Flower, I'm getting between 15 and 22%, but I can tell you the flavour is incredible.

160 micron for "fresh" , meaning still has been dried but contains some moisture.

Freshly picked flower contains too much moisture and the humidity level is much higher than the ideal range for rosin extraction. 

Live rosin takes a few extra steps - flower is frozen before any drying takes place, then processed into bubble hash, then the hash is freeze dried (love this step, but don't have a freeze drier, yet), After the fresh frozen derived bubble hash is dried, it's then pressed into rosin and provides one of the best highs and terpene profile of any concentrate.

And best of all, it's SOLVENTLESS

20191120_150331.jpg

• Like 3

On 11/20/2019 at 11:18 AM, Moosed said:

90 micron dry flower

This guy sells locally, can any vouch for this site?

http://www.rosinpress.co.za/product/rosin-press-bag-3x6-20s-36-90-115-150-micron/

5 hours ago, biometrics said:

This guy sells locally, can any vouch for this site?

http://www.rosinpress.co.za/product/rosin-press-bag-3x6-20s-36-90-115-150-micron/

Went with Amazon with fast delivery. Unfortunately all the stuff I have to press isn't great but it's good for practice and I am vaping it. Can't wait to press the good stuff...

Screenshot_20191123-195904.thumb.jpg.7245decced99b367d7c2ce165d62d207.jpg

IMG_20191122_172229.thumb.jpg.4e58c0d58b6d3d6454a2cc98d71622e8.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/22/2019 at 9:31 AM, Moosed said:

Freshly picked flower contains too much moisture and the humidity level is much higher than the ideal range for rosin extraction. 

This is the next step I need to figure out.

When I harvest, how long to dry, how to store it etc. I've been told it's best at 62% humidity and frozen a few days after harvesting and drying. But I'm unsure about the details.

Do I need stuff like this?

https://vapestore.co.za/accessories/Storage/boveda-pack
https://vapestore.co.za/accessories/Storage/cvault

Or is a zip lock bag ok for freezing? When do I freeze it? A week after harvest? Should I have it in the container with the boveda pack for a few days before freezing? Do I need to remove the boveda pack before freezing? Do I need to defrost before pressing?

Edited by biometrics

12 hours ago, biometrics said:

Do I need to remove the boveda pack before freezing?

I'm not sure about the other questions :P, but yes definitely remove the boveda packs. They will at best do nothing in the freezer and worst case could break/leak (in theory) when you defrost them. 

1 hour ago, Moosed said:

Best tasting dabs on the planet!

20190731_142814.thumb.jpg.af83ba76dac24a61b081175a3f121d10.jpg

I've looked at the XP when finally making peace with the price after I saw the shipping and potential import duties I just said no. Maybe when I win the lotto. How much did this siet you back all in all with import duties and shipping? 

@Dr. Green You are right. It's crazy expensive but it comes with a lifetime guarantee. 

Shipping is ridiculous but it's because the XP weighs over 30kg. I could not believe the weight of this thing. Bullet proof.

Taxes were about R 7 000 so only worth it if you can bring it in under a company name so that you can claim the vat input back.

I recommend the Nugsmasher mini - can probably bring one in for less than 10k excl accessories.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2019 at 10:55 AM, Moosed said:

@biometrics  R600 for 20 sounds madness

I will keep importing - quality is insane and cheaper

Got some of my Amazon filter order today. Pressed some of the last of my under developed blueberry with 90 microns and it makes a huge difference. Consistency was sticky putty, now it's sticky crystalline. The silicone paper also makes it a breeze to collect. Could also press it twice.

I'm waiting for the 22 micron syringe filter attachments, should make it even clearer.

And of course need to wait months for my crop to mature to get the full effect.

Edited by biometrics
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

So you take the rosin and press it through a syringe with a 22 micron filter on it?

Sounds quite hectic, how would you even do that? I assume a lot less plant matter / contaminants?

My plan is to either press with 90 or 37 micron bags, then liquidize it with Dablabz, then press it through a 22 micron syringe filter. The end result is to fill my own vape carts for personal use. Saw this in some of the rosin press -> vape cart videos I watched. Looks like this.

image.png.764fbe725d07b46e3af8f97d9d68b746.png

Edited by biometrics
  • Like 1