From seed to smoke

CleanGreen

Whohooo into week 9 flowering...  Planning on taking them down on the 30th  (am running out of weed, have only bought ONE bankie this year and wanna keep it that way.) 

20191211_114732.thumb.jpg.7e5119ab4b28fca2bece75c9fb07a9c5.jpgThey having a 2.5hr Eskom power nap 

20191211_114737.thumb.jpg.668a05215da4ea2b05c236d091b04894.jpg

20191211_114759.thumb.jpg.a4d6d78e12c21e18b39a8973d0df2a0c.jpg

Good spray with neem oil and into flowering you go. They have been in veg for way to long, have had to remove 1.5m so far.  Interesting to see if it will make a difference with the extra roots.

20191211_114710.thumb.jpg.1b07ecae395c0f34835ede9a051d7bb6.jpg

20191211_114749.jpg

• Like 1

Interesting how strains can differ soo much.

My Charlottes Angel is also around 9 weeks into flower although the bud development is very different.

Although looking at your pics, I don't think I'd want to harvest those plants by the end of December. If you're really desperate for bud, consider harvesting a branch or two and let the rest mature properly - you've waited this long, why not let the plant reach its full potential before you harvest. I'm sure you won't regret it. :)

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

• Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, CreX said:

I agree with PsyCLown... Those ladies still look like they have a full 2 months to go still. 

And the eskom power nap... Looks rediculously bright for lights out. 

How light proof is your grow area? 

Light leaks was also my first thought, They look like they at day 18. 

Check your timers etc to make sure they still in their correct flower cycle times

Hope you figure this out

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, CreX said:

I agree with PsyCLown... Those ladies still look like they have a full 2 months to go still. 

And the eskom power nap... Looks rediculously bright for lights out. 

How light proof is your grow area? 

@CreX I flower them for about 11-12 weeks. Due to certain factors I dont push them to 14 weeks or longer. Some reasons, i want an energetic high, not enough space, powdery mildew is a constant battle. I dont grow for HUGE colas, so far after 5 harvests in one year ive been an satisfied stoned bunny.

That light is from my window, i have no backup lights.

@Mambawana lol day 18.. thanks. 

I got an digital timer set for 18hrs light on, its in my office so i keep an constant eye on them 😉 

Below is two harvest back 11wks flowering time same plant.

_SAM8039.jpg.3bdf6edbad4768166ab8566f4176c331.thumb.jpg.47edb553e0fa30f5bdba2441ad4eb603.jpg

Have you ever let this plant flower for longer? Harvested according to the Trichome Colour?

Looking at the picture, and pictures can be deceiving, it still looks as if the bud could swell some more and cover / hide more of the pistils.
Although I'm sure this could change a bit between strains.

Perhaps consider giving it a try, or perhaps on just some of the plant - so harvest most when you normally would and leave some there to mature a bit more. I haven't tried this myself but have heard of others doing this with success.
I'm sure a larger harvest will be appreciated too :D

• Like 1

@PsyCLown I do a perpetual grow, so i take my cuttings, clone them for two weeks and vegetate for 8 weeks. So this also dictates my flowering time. The biggest factor for me is but rot. I try to grow weed cheaply so i have no environmental control, last harvest i had a cola the size of my manly fist..... Beautiful cola, cracked her open full of rot!

If i had the space and ALL the right equipment sure man i love to experiment, but in my case i have limits.... But what you dont know you dont miss 😉

Ill try to make some pics b4 harvest next week, but at this stage they are not photogenic.. cant see the trees trough the forest lol

Merry Christmas.

Forgot to add: Excluding the the flowering time i add two weeks transitional stage, so in theory the are under flower light 14 weeks.

Edited by CleanGreen
I am stoned
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CleanGreen said:

@PsyCLown I do a perpetual grow, so i take my cuttings, clone them for two weeks and vegetate for 8 weeks. So this also dictates my flowering time. The biggest factor for me is but rot. I try to grow weed cheaply so i have no environmental control, last harvest i had a cola the size of my manly fist..... Beautiful cola, cracked her open full of rot!

If i had the space and ALL the right equipment sure man i love to experiment, but in my case i have limits.... But what you dont know you dont miss 😉

Ill try to make some pics b4 harvest next week, but at this stage they are not photogenic.. cant see the trees trough the forest lol

Merry Christmas.

Forgot to add: Excluding the the flowering time i add two weeks transitional stage, so in theory the are under flower light 14 weeks.

Sweet, to each their own I guess... 

No matter how your grow style works for you, I still think you need to get the light leaks sorted

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Mambawana said:

@CleanGreen 

I was not being a dick I promise. Telling you what I see. You supposed to take it that there's something wrong somewhere. Maybe it's just the genetics or something but I suggest you look into it for the sake of all the hard work you put in. 

This is a random pic of my current grow at around day 18-20.

IMG_20191128_174653.jpg

@Mambawana lol no worries... That looking great, currently my lattes addition is a Purple Haze and she is showing white pistils 2 weeks earlier then the above girls. Just remember i grow a outdoor (bag)Sativa that was not mend for indoor growing.  I am sure your plant there is genetically bred with certain qualities right?

1 minute ago, CleanGreen said:

@Mambawana lol no worries... That looking great, currently my lattes addition is a Purple Haze and she is showing white pistils 2 weeks earlier then the above girls. Just remember i grow a outdoor (bag)Sativa that was not mend for indoor growing.  I am sure your plant there is genetically bred with certain qualities right?

At what day does your plants kick into flower? I've always experienced it between day 8 - 10. And I grow between 10 - 20 strains at a time. I recommend you start bloom nutes from day 1 flower and not 2 - 3 weeks like suggested by sites like growweedeasy etc. The extra phosphorus is like a signal to the plants to go into flower.

Btw I also like the energetic high and I have been harvesting colas of my plants for the last 2 weeks. So maybe cut yourself a few colas and see what they look like after they dry, maybe the pic we seeing is deceiving us and your flowers look different in person.

• Like 2

Just now, CleanGreen said:

@Mambawana My two weeks above is incorrect (please note had a massive xmas dinner and drinks) Hope u had a great one. Yeah general btw 8-10 days i screen capture my grow log. 

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.6a4963a2f05fa7032de81247e62d8836.jpg

I love your logging... very nice stuff. Yeah I just got back home from Christmas festivities... the wife is organising me more chow now and I was just about to roll 1... think I'm gonna smoke some of my Amnesia CBD... what a strain... supposed to be a 1 to 1 but it got a kick...

• Like 1

If i had the space and ALL the right equipment sure man i love to experiment, but in my case i have limits.... But what you dont know you dont miss
Merry Christmas.

Ahh ok, makes a bit more sense and you are by the coast so naturally the RH is higher.

With that being said, if you trimmed and trained your plants a bit more and had a fan blowing over them (directly) I feel it could make a positive difference.

Regarding the Charlottes Angel, yes, it's high CBD and almost no thc (less than 1%).
As for why? To see what it's like and the effects and see if it will be helpful to people... I'm hoping so!

@Mambawana My two weeks above is incorrect (please note had a massive xmas dinner and drinks) Hope u had a great one. Yeah general btw 8-10 days i screen capture my grow log. 
Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.6a4963a2f05fa7032de81247e62d8836.jpg

Based on your picture, by the end of Dec it's only around 7 or 8 weeks which is a bit short for a sativa strain.

I'd Def push it for a bit longer in flower, although as you have said you have issues with pm and bud rot.

It's not a bad thing, I see it as a good thing as it means you could most likely get far better yields and better quality bud.

I typed out my previous message last night and forgot to hit send. Only sent it a few hours later and then didn't see the replies in between.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I never knew spraying your plants can be this much fun! This is i must have item! 

20191229_145511.thumb.jpg.c2625f2768da83dcea39a43c652a66bf.jpg 

The girls on the left looking pretty NEED to go next door, they been way to long flowering under the white lights, aaannnddd 

20191229_145525.thumb.jpg.eca47861b16dcd3822a87f099e133c30.jpg20191229_145531.thumb.jpg.0852d2cfe279aa68250853731229479f.jpgEvery time i keep loosing control over her!

These MUST go asap into the reservoirs! i really messed up my timing this time lol 

20191229_145727.thumb.jpg.c229e3464bcdc1d2fa1c8199af7c18cc.jpgGeneration 7 clones on left. Purple Haze generation 2 right.

• Like 1

@CleanGreen 

Well done on the new addition to your garden. 

Enjoy the spraying while it is still fun...

Have to admit it will soon become one of those tedious tasks that has to be done...:-hairpull

I would recommend you make a shield to cover your net pots when spraying to avoid getting any into your res and do yourself one favour, keep the little packet of o-rings and seals that comes in the box safe.

Lastly don't burn your plants, even with experience I've done it because I've been complacent and not done test sprays.

2 minutes ago, Mambawana said:

@CleanGreen 

Well done on the new addition to your garden. 

Enjoy the spraying while it is still fun...

Have to admit it will soon become one of those tedious tasks that has to be done...:-hairpull

I would recommend you make a shield to cover your net pots when spraying to avoid getting any into your res and do yourself one favour, keep the little packet of o-rings and seals that comes in the box safe.

Lastly don't burn your plants, even with experience I've done it because I've been complacent and not done test sprays.

@Mambawana Thank man... Been spraying b4 but with an hand pump, great for a forearm pump! Just spraying hydrogen peroxide so dont mind if it goes into the res. You gonna love this, I use 50% HP to 2l water lol dont worry so far ive not seen any burn not even on fresh growth.

3 minutes ago, CleanGreen said:

@Mambawana Thank man... Been spraying b4 but with an hand pump, great for a forearm pump! Just spraying hydrogen peroxide so dont mind if it goes into the res. You gonna love this, I use 50% HP to 2l water lol dont worry so far ive not seen any burn not even on fresh growth.

O yeah hydrogen peroxide is quite plant and res friendly.

Forgive my stupidity but what's the purpose of that spray. I've only ever used peroxide in dwc in my res as a preventative against algae and pythium.