420SA's Perpetual Paradys

420SA

Your hydro babies are looking good, 420SA. Really shows the power of water-soluble nutrients, lol.

I've seen CO2 generators like that one before, greenkush; do you have any idea how much CO2 they generate in total (per bottle) or as a function of time? I imagine these biological processes are not going to be quite so efficient at delivering CO2 as just slow-releasing a bottle of the stuff.

Your hydro babies are looking good, 420SA. Really shows the power of water-soluble nutrients, lol.

I've seen CO2 generators like that one before, greenkush; do you have any idea how much CO2 they generate in total (per bottle) or as a function of time? I imagine these biological processes are not going to be quite so efficient at delivering CO2 as just slow-releasing a bottle of the stuff.

They're not efficient at all, but they're cheap. So you can literally have has many as you like or just make one in 5mins. Here is a article showing some rates, ignore the mosquitoe related stuff

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2984570/

Quick update

The organics got their compost tea on Sunday. Just a straight forward brew with ewc and molasses only. Started the brew on Friday night

4e43d410fa4b21e6193d10fc039f8e0e.jpg

Almost time to flip the original 5 plants and get the newly potted clones into their own veg tent. Pic taken last night

12bfe016480ea9f234ba264282e99770.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Looking good, what the final pot size?

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk

They're in the final pots. A little worried about whether those 20L pots will be enough for the organics to be honest, especially without any substantial feeding... but will see, perhaps I may have to get some Biobizz as backup. The hydros will be fine. 

Will be flipping to 12/12 today :-trip

You are def not wasting any of this spring weather mr.420sa looking real healthy I have to say, going to be nice watching this unfold.....

Thanks dude. I'm still a bit nervous about the organics towards the latter stages. You're trying a similar recipe right?

They're in the final pots. A little worried about whether those 20L pots will be enough for the organics to be honest, especially without any substantial feeding... but will see, perhaps I may have to get some Biobizz as backup. The hydros will be fine.

Will be flipping to 12/12 today :-trip

What are you using to keep your hydro cool ? I've never grown hydro and will be attempting / building my first hydro setup in the coming weeks. All the hydro coolers i've looked around for cost in the region of around 9K...

Will be flipping to 12/12 today :-trip

What are you using to keep your hydro cool ? I've never grown hydro and will be attempting / building my first hydro setup in the coming weeks. All the hydro coolers i've looked around for cost in the region of around 9K...

I think you're under the impression that I'm growing in deep water culture which I'm not. Just growing in coco/perlite, top feed drain to waste. 

Never grown in DWC personally. 

Today is flower day #1 for the original flowering plants. They stay in the large tent and the clones have gone into a 80 x 80  tent to continue with their veg. Theyre under a LED floodlight temporarily until I get a 250w MH in there, probably tonight.

Gave the organics a feed yesterday with coconut water.

The other clones have rooted and gone into their pots. So here's the clones that have been added to the lineup:

P.O #1 clone - in hydro

P.O #2 clone - in hydro

P.O #3 clone - organic

B.K clone - organic

A.S.D clone - organic

Each plant has its clone in the opposite medium

1278db1f5ce329a63d297ffa3930d861.jpg

b990ac77fef7b9d1a48780495568f5ff.jpg

Here's the original plants pre switching to flower.

0bc5c864911c5ca153826cdae77a3f89.jpg

7c892d310da79e084b7964d367209a43.jpg

c445a50947a3e9248a7e45ca098e3517.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

What were your clones in that they perlite attached to the roots?

Shit dude not quite sure what the fack you just said there but I'm assuming you're asking if that's perlite? Yes it is. I use a normal flat bottomed plastic container for clones. I don't like to leave the clones sitting flat on the bottom so i "suspend" them on a layer of perlite

What were your clones in that they perlite attached to the roots?

Shit dude not quite sure what the fack you just said there but I'm assuming you're asking if that's perlite? Yes it is. I use a normal flat bottomed plastic container for clones. I don't like to leave the clones sitting flat on the bottom so i "suspend" them on a layer of perlite

Yup, that's what I was asking lol. So suspending them on some perlite gives them the opportunity to root out the bottom of the block also I take it.

• 2 weeks later...

Howzit guys. My first ever legal grow diary update :-meditate

Day 15 of flower

I got home yesterday from a week's trip away. Was a little worried about the heat side of things seeing as there were 2 days where the temps hit 40 degrees this side. Was especially worried about the hydros... once the medium goes dry things go south rapidly. Luckily all was fine though. All the pots, including the organics, were very light but the plants weren't showing signs of under watering just yet.  They were all watered and fed this morning.

As expected, hydro is catching up to organic now and I'm pretty sure that the hydros will be ahead of the organics, in terms of growth, in a weeks time. That being said, the organics are still going great and I can't fault them at present. They've outgrown the size of their pots and that does worry me a little bit. As I have said before its a worry of mine. I'm just hoping the soil can power them through.

The clones in the veg tent are coming along well. Will give an update on that when I have a chance tomorrow

58669c19d22b55d1d25a1f2320719d8d.jpg

The organics looking good and healthy

1b21cf0b79825fb3aeabafa083808e4f.jpg

bfdde4366def39a806b1cf8fd4c8889f.jpg

c4819efff324c0ab98616f898e267364.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Day 28 of flower

Been a crazy week here in Nelspruit. Had about 3 days of temps hitting 39 and all of a sudden a freezing cold day yesterday, with snow in some parts of Mpumalanga. Madness

The plants are starting to bud nicely now, well most of them are at least. The P.O growing in hydro seems reluctant to get into the swing of flowering and is putting out minimal pistils. Far less than its organic counterparts. Something strange about that pheno but let's see.

Otherwise I'm happy with the rest of the plants in the tent. The 2 organics are still looking healthy, they got another compost tea 2 nights ago. The sour diesel is putting on a lot of frost now and smelling magical. Already looks like a keeper. The Blue kush is looking alright, although not really putting out any trichs just yet.

Going into week 5 now and I'm going to be sticking a 400w HPS in the tent as well now.

Happy Friday guys. Hope you all have a good weekend

:-peace

20181004_224431.thumb.jpg.75a086dc6343b7061d61645de406c580.jpg

1603367808_P.O_1_organic.thumb.jpg.ea19b1b3024da010f516410fd3c4b4d5.jpg

Amherst_Sour_Diesel_hydro.thumb.jpg.1198cec52f3c23e39a09324847d5d4e6.jpg

20181004_224837.thumb.jpg.441464b61cc8234064880929afac8f33.jpg

14401513_P.O_2_organic.thumb.jpg.dec7b1b13bcef4e29598b0376b122464.jpg

992303362_P.O_3_hydro.thumb.jpg.47c226618a567b2f930ea1ed92f975f3.jpg

Are you running an AC with those temps?

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm not hey which is why you can see heat stress on the sour diesel if you look closely at the photo. I'm running the light from 18h00 to 06h00 which does help me get away with it but with the addition of the 400w things could change...

It's the cost of running the AC that worries me