Seeds on secluded places

20230321_102751.thumb.jpg.8405a5fea175d7b33f8c0bf6fb935b82.jpgHey guys I'm curious this tree of my father in law has started to flower but seeds is growing on secluded places on the base of where buds is forming but not on the bud it's the first time I'm seeing this normally seeds grow on buds or do I have it wrong?I first thought it was male flowers but if you pluck one off there is a seed inside.20230321_102731.thumb.jpg.8ec183de58adc79c94f42b12d06ca5b6.jpg20230321_102737.thumb.jpg.47fcf77d777024415d23a8d47498ccac.jpg

20230318_104955.thumb.jpg.a4922dd3b56256de7bb53f858657430e.jpg20230318_105021.thumb.jpg.552eea46cf4ed1cc2cf2e26a15b65aa9.jpg20230318_105050.thumb.jpg.516da46b2508322b6b5ca95884094763.jpg20230318_104939.thumb.jpg.f194e95df4d35d1cc1df4c1000fe069c.jpg

20230321_102751.jpg

20230318_104939.jpg

• Like 2

Naaaa... chuck those seeds. Look at the plant, there is nothing smokable on and we go end March. Is like i picture African Landrace, pure sativa and very little flower material. Why waste your time with something you know you get no harvest out? Only person who might be interested is a breeder.. but that also went over board as you have zero idea who is the father. Chuck.. chuck and chuck again ^^

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Weskush said:

Seems like someone didn't wear a condom...plant those seeds. Practise makes perfect👌

Lmao how you mean someone didn't wear a condom?and I plucked some seeds from it its just weird for me I'm use to seeing seeds on buds not on they're own.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Prom said:

Naaaa... chuck those seeds. Look at the plant, there is nothing smokable on and we go end March. Is like i picture African Landrace, pure sativa and very little flower material. Why waste your time with something you know you get no harvest out? Only person who might be interested is a breeder.. but that also went over board as you have zero idea who is the father. Chuck.. chuck and chuck again ^^

This plant has had no nutrients only sun sand and rain water and is 2m+ in height.What is a landrace? And when you pluck the seeds your hands smell like you smoked a "Tarrie " pipe lol could this be a Tarrie tree perhaps

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, SHiNi said:

Lmao how you mean someone didn't wear a condom?and I plucked some seeds from it its just weird for me I'm use to seeing seeds on buds not on they're own.

Meaning that a male pollinated the plant. Pollen can travel vast distances in wind currents etc.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Weskush said:

Meaning that a male pollinated the plant. Pollen can travel vast distances in wind currents etc.

Thanks for the info bro and if a male pollinated shouldn't the seeds be on the buds itself and not growing from the stem?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, SHiNi said:

This plant has had no nutrients only sun sand and rain water and is 2m+ in height.What is a landrace? And when you pluck the seeds your hands smell like you smoked a "Tarrie " pipe lol could this be a Tarrie tree perhaps

Landraces are where things started, the original cannabis plants nature created. All the weeds you get today in shops started long time ago when people started to breed those Landraces.. Durban Poison is a Landrace for example (not that the Durban Poison you get in shops has anything to do with the Landrace.. People love to abuse Names, like the moron calling his weed Hitler). The key to good weed are genetics.. it counts who was the father and who was the mother. If you don't know the origin of the genetics, you waste your time in 99% of the cases... wind pollinated seeds are a lottery and mainly a waste of time.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, SHiNi said:

Thanks for the info bro and if a male pollinated shouldn't the seeds be on the buds itself and not growing from the stem?

The first reproductive organs will normally show on the nodes/internodes. You will see a white pistil growing from the calyx or tiny balls. That will be observed in the pre flowering phase. Once in official flowering, the sex of the plant will be expressed on the bud sites and all the way down the stem, starting at each node/internode. I think that your plant just has been pollinated very early on in the flowering stage.

• Like 4

Oh man 😅 yeah she got knocked up hey. I had some semi-fire genetics doing their thing outdoors cause I didn't wana occupy my tents with those plants. was outside for about 3 weeks and I started noticing the seeds. at first I was also quite excited, cause I didn't know much about breeding of the plant back then. collected the seeds as I was smoking the buds. gave a bunch of seeds to a friend, he grew out 2 plants both turned out to be female and one was atleast smokable. 😅 other one I wouldn't even call cannabis, buds looked like ditch weed from the 70's, 99% stems and leaves. not smokable at all. if it was burnt it'll smell like someone got their hair caught on fire 🤣 scratched it up to doing something wrong cause we both still learning how to grow at the time. grew out between 10 to 15 plants before I dumped all the rest of the seeds on the compost. literally each and every plant was just a load of hot nasty shit 💩 off a plant that had good genetics itself... so yeah, I would say if you got seeds off a plant that doesn't at least have good genetics itself then it's more of a headache than anything else. 

in your situation, I would call it a win though, because you could do with some free seeds hahah like Weskush said, play around dude pop them all, but don't invest too much in them. Test soils, test watering regimes, test environment, torture test, find the best spot around the house, fiddle with one plant, make a bonzai out of another plant... do all these things that'll add to the relationship you got with the plant. if you loose a plant due to your intervention at least you not loosing a plant you pay an arm and a leg for. 🤘 

all you wana see is a healthy thriving prolific vegging plant, you see males, you pull. you see females let them do their thing and see if you can carry the plant through till the end even if the yield is straight dogshit, now you can copy what you did with slight changes with a good genetic seed or clone one of us will provide you with and you'll be golden. 😉

• Like 2

14 hours ago, SHiNi said:

Lmfao I'll definitely be chucking those seeds 🤣.

you going to throw them away? 

I'd say concider it a blessing from the ganja gods, you won't get better seed than those from a rasta anyway, probably same kind of stuff. saves you effort of going there to get more seeds. I see you mention somwhere you going to get seeds from a rasta? 

Just keep these, for someone that wants to learn about growing these are golden. 

grow them out but don't count too much on yield being anything good.

even if you take 9 seeds, divide them 3 - 3 - 3. then you use one method of popping on one batch, a different method on others and another method on last 3. those that do the best you carry through. the stunted ones you see if you can use what we have taught you by now to see if you can diagnose problems and recover from them and go about learning how to prevent these problems in future.

I mean, you can throw it all away, then do like most new kids on the block - pay a shit load of money for danks seeds just to be discouraged from growing, because of the underperformance of the seed and "it's sooo hard" or whatever the reason... we call these school fees, a lot of people gotta pay them cause of the good old saying "if you don't wana listen you must feel" 😅 

Good genetics will the big game changer for most growers, but on the other hand, not everyone that knows how to water a plant will know what exactly to do with good genetics. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

Just keep these, for someone that wants to learn about growing these are golden. 

Should I keep them then?

mean, you can throw it all away, then do like most new kids on the block - pay a shit load of money for danks seeds just to be discouraged from growing, because of the underperformance of the seed and "it's sooo hard" or whatever the reason... we call these school fees, a lot of people gotta pay them cause of the good old saying "if you don't wana listen you must feel"

Lol I have a passion for these trees since they so finicky sometimes and needs attention, that's why I love em.

Good genetics will the big game changer for most growers, but on the other hand, not everyone that knows how to water a plant will know what exactly to do with good genetics. 

I hear you bro and I'm still practicing my watering and starting to get the hang of it now.So I'll keep them as my toys and since it's a landrace I'll keep some to preserve it, who knows I might even start breeding once I get the growing mastered.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SHiNi said:

Should I keep them then?

Lol I have a passion for these trees since they so finicky sometimes and needs attention, that's why I love em.

I hear you bro and I'm still practicing my watering and starting to get the hang of it now.So I'll keep them as my toys and since it's a landrace I'll keep some to preserve it, who knows I might even start breeding once I get the growing mastered.

hell yeah bro I think breeding is the goal for a lot of us.

just keep the seeds in a bag, they don't  take up much space hahah write on the bag "No Name Backyard Bushbreed 2023" then just play around and do whatever you wana. 

I think a lot of times there's a huge gap in the conversations on these forums, cause people only say like one or two sentences and leave a lot of room for wondering and interpretation, which is giving the benefit of the doubt to the masses and can be seen as a good thing, but people generally just say what they would do, not what you should do. I am still learning how to grow and reaching out for a lot of information a lot of the time, but mostly end up doing something completely different than what most people are telling me. I said it before, the information circulating a group of experienced growers' conversation is not the same information new growers should be talking about. an experienced grower with look at those seeds and see nothing, but to someone who wants to learn how to grow they're fucking gold dude. 😁🌱 

with all that said, since being on this forum and a talking to a lot of growers it becomes clearer how useless a bush breed is, this is usually what they call "bag seed". when you buy some weed in a bag and there's seeds in it, we talking bout those seeds. 

I'll post a video below that kinda scratches the surface of breeding, but basically when people do selective breeding for desired traits it's quite a project. can be short term but it can very easily be long term if you really wana end up with something good. 

It's very very easy to get a first batch of seeds from any situation, but once you start to want to lock in traits and working towards a plant that gives you all seeds that will mostly look alike when grown out, then you gotta look at genetics and how they work. 

genetics will probably always be the most intetesting and never ending rabbit hole 😅 

here's another good one 

aaaand another one 😉 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

hell yeah bro I think breeding is the goal for a lot of us.

just keep the seeds in a bag, they don't  take up much space hahah write on the bag "No Name Backyard Bushbreed 2023" then just play around and do whatever you wana. 

I think a lot of times there's a huge gap in the conversations on these forums, cause people only say like one or two sentences and leave a lot of room for wondering and interpretation, which is giving the benefit of the doubt to the masses and can be seen as a good thing, but people generally just say what they would do, not what you should do. I am still learning how to grow and reaching out for a lot of information a lot of the time, but mostly end up doing something completely different than what most people are telling me. I said it before, the information circulating a group of experienced growers' conversation is not the same information new growers should be talking about. an experienced grower with look at those seeds and see nothing, but to someone who wants to learn how to grow they're fucking gold dude. 😁🌱 

with all that said, since being on this forum and a talking to a lot of growers it becomes clearer how useless a bush breed is, this is usually what they call "bag seed". when you buy some weed in a bag and there's seeds in it, we talking bout those seeds. 

I'll post a video below that kinda scratches the surface of breeding, but basically when people do selective breeding for desired traits it's quite a project. can be short term but it can very easily be long term if you really wana end up with something good. 

It's very very easy to get a first batch of seeds from any situation, but once you start to want to lock in traits and working towards a plant that gives you all seeds that will mostly look alike when grown out, then you gotta look at genetics and how they work. 

genetics will probably always be the most intetesting and never ending rabbit hole 😅 

here's another good one 

aaaand another one 😉 

Thanks bro for the information and videos after watching those I think I'm still far from breeding but it is very interesting and after watching those videos I understand more about what totemic and the others are talking about when they talk about f1, f2 inbreeding and backcrossing etc...very very interesting.Who knows maybe in the future I will cross this pondu landrace with a high yielding strain lol.Space and a growtent seems to be the 2 basic things you need.Thanks again bro.

• Like 2