Cape Town Cannabis Cup 2023

THCSA

1 minute ago, SkunkPharm said:

I would also like to know. I have a favourite and would like to grow it. Do you know who won? I was tripping so had to get out of there.

1st: Red Deliscous by Connoisseur Collective 

2nd: Apple Fritter by Boof

3rd: Cremebrulee by Dr Dankenstein

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CoolJ said:

I can't remember what was highest THC but 3rd was #12 2nd was #8 and 1st #9 (Same guys who won last year)

It just shows that everyone has a different taste when it comes to weed. My favourite was 13. 2, 8 and 9 was good but the terps was not there for me. All those that won had high THC

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, SkunkPharm said:

It just shows that everyone has a different taste when it comes to weed. My favourite was 13. 2, 8 and 9 was good but the terps was not there for me. All those that won had high THC

Yeah even around the table I was sitting nobody had the same favorite which was cool. Last year there was a clear favorite by most people buy this year more variety. 

My favorites was 12, 11, 6. With 13 not bad as well 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CoolJ said:

Yeah even around the table I was sitting nobody had the same favorite which was cool. Last year there was a clear favorite by most people buy this year more variety. 

My favorites was 12, 11, 6. With 13 not bad as well 

Yes at our table. 

and 

were the favourites

• Like 4

My tops were 1, 2 and 17 ^^ 1 was killer smooth to smoke, 2 just loved the lemon kick, is a plant i would like to own. 17 had great looks, good aroma and tasted good... burn was a bit harsh and bitter thou.

9 i had top on looks and aroma.. but taste and burn was not my thing, to harsh. Had No2 rated waaaay higher as No9 😂

12 not even made it in the final weeds of my selection.

8 wasn't bad, hated the bitterness creeping in at the end. We not even finished the joint but was also clear better compared to No12.

• Like 3

If somebody knows who grew No2, would love to get contact. If that was a clone, would dream about getting a cut ^^ Never had the effect that I took a sip of water after the toke and the water turned into a sprite kind of flavor in my mouth. Best lemon flavor weed i had so far.. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Prom said:

If somebody knows who grew No2, would love to get contact. If that was a clone, would dream about getting a cut ^^ Never had the effect that I took a sip of water after the toke and the water turned into a sprite kind of flavor in my mouth. Best lemon flavor weed i had so far.. 

Your No2 look like this? Just smoked some now again didn't get much lemon on initial pull but definitely that sprite kind Flav when drinking water after.

20230328_142554.jpg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, CoolJ said:

Your No2 look like this? Just smoked some now again didn't get much lemon on initial pull but definitely that sprite kind Flav when drinking water after.

I think is not cured enough.. should be way better in 2 months.

Yes, looked about that way.. was darkish. We were 2 dudes and each had a judge pack.. there was difference in the buds of each batch, no question. I think No13 had absolutely zero smell from my bag... not even hay 😂 nada, ripped the poor bud to pieces to get something... nope. Some weeds were rather weird. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Prom said:

I think is not cured enough.. should be way better in 2 months.

Yes, looked about that way.. was darkish. We were 2 dudes and each had a judge pack.. there was difference in the buds of each batch, no question. I think No13 had absolutely zero smell from my bag... not even hay 😂 nada, ripped the poor bud to pieces to get something... nope. Some weeds were rather weird. 

Yeah there was some variation in buds. I really enjoyed my no6 but the guy across me didn't at all then tried his and wasn't really the same.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CoolJ said:

Yeah there was some variation in buds. I really enjoyed my no6 but the guy across me didn't at all then tried his and wasn't really the same.

Had to fetch my card ^^ No6... average over all from bud looks to aroma, was bitter, holy cow. Burn was nice. Didn't ended even in midfield ^^ 3 and 5 i had a puff and knew right away, i don't like.

My midfield were 8,9,10,11 and 15. 4, 7 and 12 very close by, rest yuck, wouldn't smoke it daily. But No2 just left a mark in flavor.. I prefer flavor over potency. I rinsed my mouth with water after each joint.. No2 made me drink more 😂 Skipped on the free drink or beer.. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Prom said:

Had to fetch my card ^^ No6... average over all from bud looks to aroma, was bitter, holy cow. Burn was nice. Didn't ended even in midfield ^^ 3 and 5 i had a puff and knew right away, i don't like.

My midfield were 8,9,10,11 and 15. 4, 7 and 12 very close by, rest yuck, wouldn't smoke it daily. But No2 just left a mark in flavor.. I prefer flavor over potency. I rinsed my mouth with water after each joint.. No2 made me drink more 😂 Skipped on the free drink or beer.. 

Just a question did you judge the looks on the bud they gave you or the full nugs on display?

3 was my lowest could barely finish that bong.

• Like 3

i didn't gave a lot about the "looks". Bud density on a squish to release the terpenes and smell was my first criteria. I do not like fluff buds in the first place ^^ Good bud is dense and should hit your nose.

Rolled up is flavors and how harsh it burns or makes me cough. None should happen ^^ Then how even the joint burns down.. shows a bit water content. And finally.. effect.. No1 was the giggle master hehehe the guy on the table beside asked what we just smoked. Also made the mistake that... my bag wasn't enough for a 'joint' so we put for No1 and 2 all in one joint from both bags. Middle of No2 we figured out, we will not reach 17 that way and skipped the king size papers 😂  

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, CoolJ said:

Just a question did you judge the looks on the bud they gave you or the full nugs on display?

3 was my lowest could barely finish that bong.

3 was bad... really really bad

I wouldn't actually mind if the organizers would make a pre selection and it ends with 10 weeds to test. Just the 10 best of the send in. 17 was a bit much, i expected 10-12.

Edited by Prom
last bit
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Prom said:

3 was bad... really really bad

I wouldn't actually mind if the organizers would make a pre selection and it ends with 10 weeds to test. Just the 10 best of the send in. 17 was a bit much, i expected 10-12.

Last year there was 20 strains 😶 overall way better quality this year. I like the large variety I smoked smaller bongs this year so spent lots of time chatting so didn't feel too high.

• Like 3