Running

Chris Jay

Any runners on here, not that I take it seriously but always run like Forest my whole life, especially in the bush.  Just started doing a regular run at the local parkrun, I like to call the potrun. So got my first results Monday and thought lets see from here, lank happy with my time, 27.06 for 5km on a damn hot day. Not going to try and do much better, just maintain. Going through the results, I was like whaaaaaat. Got to meet this runner. Nice name, creative and a laugh. 

potrun.thumb.png.0847f999b5a5d7c7e11acca87eed293a.png

• Like 1

Jip same here. Did the Cederberg Night marathon in Oct and wish that i was stoned. What a brutal race. Theres a pro ultra runner that races goofed. Wanna get into that. They say that it diverts your mind from the pain.

Edited by Weskush
  • Like 1

They say that it diverts your mind from the pain.

Helps with the focus for me to. I would love to try and do the mini Iron Man oneday. A little bit of a dream, and would love to do it baked. 

henry-montage-278x300.jpg

Towards the end of last year Myrtle made friends on Facebook with Henry Mngomezulu. Henry is an ultra marathon runner who is HIV positive and uses Dagga to boost his immune system and relax his muscles after strenuous training. He does not smoke the herb but rather uses it in a tea and as an infusion for steaming at the end of a long run.
We were charmed by his stories of traveling to KZN for the Comrades Marathon and to Cape Town for the Two Oceans using his meager resources to follow his dream far from home. So we have decided, together with “Below the Lion“, to sponsor Henry’s Comrades run from Durban to Pietermaritzburg this year.

Source

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SkunkPharm said:

Its all a mental game. As soon as you run more than 3 hours in a mountain. @Weskushwe should go for a run when the stars align. Planning on running the Tankwa Karoo trail run this year. Maybe the batrun end of march.

https://tankwatrail.co.za/

Yes! Want to get my ass into gear again for Winter.

Check out The Kromrivier Beast. One for the mountain runners.