Inhouse - Platinum Kush Breath Remix (PBKR) / BioLeaf (Medium) / Canna Coco (Nutrients)

greenkush

20 X PKBR into BioLeaf.

1142663500_camphoto-1254324197(1).thumb.JPG.060cb48e061192b02e35c9a16ba64dce.JPG

I plan to aggressively top the plants to prevent them from getting as tall as the previous grow, lost a fair amount of yield due to height even with running the blue spectrum. May need to run it longer into the initial stretch. As per the title will be testing out canna coco nutrients. They're currently under 2 x 720 watt fixtures dimmed down to 20% with a mix of blue diodes to stretch prevention. A few of the clones are a bit taller which will just be kept short until the rest catch up. I plan to use 2-3 nets for structural support this round as well.

Edited by greenkush
  • Like 7
  • Fire! 3

So at this rate I might even flip next week Friday, I've topped the biggest bunch of clones to keep them low for now and allow the others to get some height. But for the most part they are all really big, seems to be this pheno is indica dominant so that might prevent the ridiculous stretch associated with in-house. Also had issues with canna nutrients, bioleaf not being buffered caused some issues and was not arsed to do calmag, so I opted just to complete my GHE nutrients and see how far I get with what's left.

I'll be ordering two more net's next week also after having a chat with @PsyCLownI am going to look at getting the netbow feeding rings as well and do drip irrigation during the flower run.

269963AF-4105-4F2F-9A55-7054AC2789D5.thumb.JPG.b56c665efe167586e0818543fb9a6e04.JPGBD3A7220-9BA0-4C2E-BD0F-B8C4D26E3195.thumb.jpg.e55a42b2d479f1b665ba0ec3204c3393.jpg

• Like 9
  • Fire! 1

On 2/18/2022 at 12:56 PM, greenkush said:

So at this rate I might even flip next week Friday, I've topped the biggest bunch of clones to keep them low for now and allow the others to get some height. But for the most part they are all really big, seems to be this pheno is indica dominant so that might prevent the ridiculous stretch associated with in-house. Also had issues with canna nutrients, bioleaf not being buffered caused some issues and was not arsed to do calmag, so I opted just to complete my GHE nutrients and see how far I get with what's left.

I'll be ordering two more net's next week also after having a chat with @PsyCLownI am going to look at getting the netbow feeding rings as well and do drip irrigation during the flower run.

269963AF-4105-4F2F-9A55-7054AC2789D5.thumb.JPG.b56c665efe167586e0818543fb9a6e04.JPGBD3A7220-9BA0-4C2E-BD0F-B8C4D26E3195.thumb.jpg.e55a42b2d479f1b665ba0ec3204c3393.jpg

Hey @greenkush

I am using BioLeaf at the moment.. and canna nutrients. So far ok, nothing real to complain about.. yet I am not 100% sure about the BioLeaf.

Spoke to one of their staff members and according to him it is washed,rinsed and buffered. But if I take "virgin" BioLeaf and run some very low EC water (winkel water🤣)  through it I get a run-off EC of 1.4. Normal??

What issues did you experience? In your opinion definitely not buffered and ready to go straight out of the bag?

Am considering FF coco and perlite mix when I pot up next. 

Any other options you recommend? Apart from doing it from scratch with a coco brick and perlite.

• Like 1

Hey @greenkush

I am using BioLeaf at the moment.. and canna nutrients. So far ok, nothing real to complain about.. yet I am not 100% sure about the BioLeaf.
Spoke to one of their staff members and according to him it is washed,rinsed and buffered. But if I take "virgin" BioLeaf and run some very low EC water (winkel water)  through it I get a run-off EC of 1.4. Normal??

What issues did you experience? In your opinion definitely not buffered and ready to go straight out of the bag?

Any other options you recommend? Apart from doing it from scratch with a coco brick and perlite.
BioLeaf does not appear to be buffered despite what their staff say.

Bricks can be a mission.

The Canna coco is nice, bit pricey though. Gold line coco is also nice but once again pricey.
Freedom farm's coco is difficult to find, I know some prefer to use their Formula 1 mix but pricing is the same as soil.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ChrisCPT said:

Hey @greenkush

Spoke to one of their staff members and according to him it is washed,rinsed and buffered. But if I take "virgin" BioLeaf and run some very low EC water (winkel water🤣)  through it I get a run-off EC of 1.4. Normal??

There is other options. Klassmann-Deilmann makes a variety of products that normal nurseries use. But the grow shops do not stock these products as it is expensive as it is imported from Europe and not the Far East. 
They make a Plug Mix that nurseries use to start seeds in. they also make specific products to start cuts in. They are all pre fertilised and pH6 so you only need to water for the first 2-3 weeks. Problem with this is they only come in 200l bags. So you have to be quite a big grower to use that much.

I would like to see how Cannabis plants do in these mixes. Especially grown with salts. 

1BA2F192-A5DB-4B78-BC59-5A816D025F95.jpeg

Edited by SkunkPharm
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, SkunkPharm said:

There is other options. Klassmann-Deilmann makes a variety of products that normal nurseries use. But the grow shops do not stock these products as it is expensive as it is imported from Europe and not the Far East. 
They make a Plug Mix that nurseries use to start seeds in. they also make specific products to start cuts in. They are all pre fertilised and pH6 so you only need to water for the first 2-3 weeks. Problem with this is they only come in 200l bags. So you have to be quite a big grower to use that much.

I would like to see how Cannabis plants do in these mixes. Especially grown with salts. 

Hope its okay if I post on here 🥸 This peat moss is the best substrate, they use them to grow the blueberries, and they definitely use salts. I rate it will work like a bomb, the ph is nice and low.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SkunkPharm said:

Where could one get these in Gauteng and what is the price on a 200L bag?

It says peat moss though, not coco?

• Like 1

It seems that not many salt growers use peat moss as a substrate. However, i'm not sure how reasonable it is in comparison. It has sparked my interest for a long time though. I've still got +- 20l of the Lithuanian peat moss, and i'm not making more soil, maybe ill throw an experiment plant in with the next round, id be happy to use some nutes to display what the peat can do for salt growers. Still got some salts laying round but its the GH Floro coco bloom nutes about 3 years old.

Although not sure how many of these avid growers would even care🤔 probably just do it anyway. 😛

Edited by ORGANinc.
its to NOT too
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ORGANinc. said:

It seems that not many salt growers use peat moss as a substrate. However, i'm not sure how reasonable it is in comparison. It has sparked my interest for a long time though. I've still got +- 20l of the Lithuanian peat moss, and i'm not making more soil, maybe ill throw an experiment plant in with the next round, id be happy to use some nutes to display what the peat can do for salt growers. Still got some salts laying round but its the GH Floro coco bloom nutes about 3 years old.

Although not sure how many of these avid growers would even care🤔 probably just do it anyway. 😛

Yeah, never really looked into moss over coco.

I see there is this comparison, must still read through it though. https://rollingmountainkush.com/june2020/2020/06/07/coco-coir-vs-peat-moss.html#

EDIT: Just read it now, very short read. I think I may stick to coco for now though.

Wetting agent and try buffer the PH sounds like more of a mission than dealing with coco and CEC - which is really not difficult to do.

• Like 2
  • Fire! 1

13 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

I see there is this comparison, must still read through it though. https://rollingmountainkush.com/june2020/2020/06/07/coco-coir-vs-peat-moss.html#

EDIT: Just read it now, very short read. I think I may stick to coco for now though.

Wetting agent and try buffer the PH sounds like more of a mission than dealing with coco and CEC - which is really not difficult to do.

This will help me, thank you.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

The pH in this medium is already buffered to 5.5

• Like 3