Boomhuyspharm’s auto flower seed run

SkunkPharm

The male got the clip this weekend. Both Bobby’s Widow plants I decided to continue with is pollinated. It is funny how you mind changes about plants as they mature. Favourites right now is the Skywalker Haze from Dutch Passion. But the Bobby can still come into play later on. It has by far the tightest bud structure. The Gorilla Cookies is by far the frostiest but smells like absolutely nothing as yet. 

6E60593C-41EA-4916-9D83-FE40E8FA802E.jpeg

8AA5E032-6048-41FF-9039-FA2B12EA27A1.jpeg

E768C35A-CE42-4B7D-AEE9-F23122EF6F6B.jpeg

73865B3F-9BFD-470E-83DA-6D1C518ADD40.jpeg

89E91306-813C-4D03-9A9F-96E46BE798D7.jpeg

7E72C21C-5E2B-463A-8CCD-F847ABAFBD5D.jpeg

19515819-CF9F-4E08-94AB-76CC16F51C1D.jpeg

C236D491-A39C-4B48-9C7F-F108F670C90E.jpeg

2CFC683F-C033-4FB8-8F4E-C39348E59E6D.jpeg

10EC4F5B-2235-4A34-89A2-BA10B69AE9FE.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Fire! 3

Where you get your pots? ^^ How does the bottom look? I have to replace mine.. just watered the plants and was mostly cursing about the silly run off i have.

With what do you spray your tent after pollination phase to kill all the male pollen still inside the tent? 

• Like 1

The pots one from Hydroponic.co.za. I think they were the rose pots. Not sure if they still have them bought them ages ago. I never water till I have run off. 
I will have to do a good kleen up once these seeds are ready. But yes will have to wipe down with water to neutralise pollen still in the tent.

• Like 2

Ok plants went outdoors to finish off. The probably have about 3 weeks left and we have been lucky with the weather. Still spraying STS on the lower branches of the CBD autoflowers but no luck yet with male flowers. Will continue though. Bobby’s Widow is a next level plant. Thick and rock hard flowers. The pretty one does not have much terps but the bushy one stinks of berries at this stage.

716BC8A7-B60F-4364-A72F-1C4609A1C4E7.jpeg

514BD07F-B2E1-496F-9E1C-5937E7E82373.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Fire! 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It seems as if these plants like growing together. I had to do some training on them. And placed the pot into the soil so the roots can grow through the openings in the bottom. The Bobby’s Widow f4 are way more stretchy than before. Experimenting with soil mixes. Allot less nutrients in that pot.

B82BE685-B9DD-4221-919B-3EE1D9851754.jpeg

13BD3D52-2E14-4319-AC1C-B4C1A237E088.jpeg

DBE0F7E6-CD47-4DE4-88FB-A5E87861B091.jpeg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, wingwing said:

what do you do with your custom made soil after the grow? It must be pretty depleted at the end or no?

I just grow in it again and again and again. I add some granular organic fertiliser (Talborne VitaGrow) for veg and then add some bat guano bone meal and talborne vita fruit for flower. I also top dress with worm castings. Wurmbosch castings. I don’t do no till at this stage but I am working towards it.

Edited by SkunkPharm
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, wingwing said:

what do you do with your custom made soil after the grow? It must be pretty depleted at the end or no?

One must remember that most nutrients available to plants come from bacteria and fungi in and no till organic system. Bacteria die and become food for the plants. Plants give sugar in the form of carbohydrates to the micro organisms to grow. That is why it is important to always have living roots in your soil. One does not know what came first micro organisms or plants, but you can definitely see that one cannot live without the other just look at the USA their farmers are suffering and they are forfeiting their farms to banks. Any way one cannot quantify plant available nutrients with a soil test. It is more important to have living soil. The most important indicator of a living soil is the amount of worms in the soil. 

• Like 1

On 9/7/2022 at 2:19 PM, SkunkPharm said:

One must remember that most nutrients available to plants come from bacteria and fungi in and no till organic system. Bacteria die and become food for the plants. Plants give sugar in the form of carbohydrates to the micro organisms to grow. That is why it is important to always have living roots in your soil. One does not know what came first micro organisms or plants, but you can definitely see that one cannot live without the other just look at the USA their farmers are suffering and they are forfeiting their farms to banks. Any way one cannot quantify plant available nutrients with a soil test. It is more important to have living soil. The most important indicator of a living soil is the amount of worms in the soil. 

Agreed. IMO in an organic or No-till situation it is more critical to support and conserve the Soil Food Web than just mixing a whole bunch of amendments into the soil without giving thought to HOW it will be made bio-available to the plants.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...