Lebanese

rdc420

I will use this thread to document my experience with the Lebanese landrace strain (from ACE seeds) used to make Lebanese Red/Blonde hash. My main motivation for growing this strain is to try to reproduce the uplifting and clean effects that I used to get from the hashish that was commercially available in SA in the early 2000s.

ACE's description of the strain:

Its effect is clean, cheerful and pleasant, a great quality high that is smooth and not too long lasting, with great medicinal potential due to its remarkable content in CBD. This lebanese strain consistently produces CBD quantities between 6 and 16%.

Excellent breeding tool to produce vigorous and high yielding outdoor semi-autoflowering hybrids, with fast flowering, high resistance against heat and drought, and high CBD content.

I germinated 6 seeds on 27 Nov en 6 seeds on 1 November, but unfortunately lost two seedlings due to slugs. The seedlings were germinated in a tent but spent some time in the first few weeks in a small homemade greenhouse to increase the rate of growth by increasing the temperature. I'm in Cape Town and it's much cooler here than inland.

Taken on 5 November:

6_nov.thumb.JPG.37ee945176f9bd983326ef78fceb2571.JPG

Edited by rdc420
  • Like 4

1 December. All the plants were moved outside by the beginning of December. I saw a big variation in the structure and leaf shape of the different plants. In general the seeds that popped first are the strongest and grew the fastest.

1_dec_part1.thumb.jpg.f67e9eb88100adc369f97ceb61193ad0.jpg1_dec_part2.thumb.jpg.83fec69df5e7868006007d97a40576aa.jpg

Edited by rdc420
  • Like 3

7 December. Since these plants are semi-autoflowering, they showed their sex quite quickly. I chose to grow out the three most vigorous females (pictured below) and placed each in a 114l smart pot. One of the females were already flowering. Two strong males were kept for seed production. 

7_dec.thumb.jpg.c6c01165c18123efc2b146210fc22198.jpg

Edited by rdc420
  • Like 2

14 December. The two males started growing towards the reflection in the window. I moved them to the tent to prevent open pollinating the females. The tall male is growing fast and is super vigorous.

14_dec.thumb.jpg.b2116a05cc9d8e62be2cb56b06101b2a.jpg

16 December. All three female plants are flowering.

16_dec.thumb.jpg.c835d8cbc2d08f495658a48233d61eca.jpg

Edited by rdc420
  • Like 3
  • Fire! 1

• 3 weeks later...

The stretch has finished and these ladies are now between 110cm and 140cm. The pics show a broad-leaf and two narrow leaf phenos. I got some yellow leaves on the broad-leaf plant, so I top-dressed with compost and bat guano and started keeping a closer eye on the moisture levels in the smart pots. They dry out quickly when it's hot!

leb_narrow.jpg

leb_wide_leaf.jpg

The flowers are releasing some lovely floral notes. I pollinated a branch of flowers on each plant with the pollen from the two male Lebanese plants. 

leb_bud.jpg

leb_bud2.jpg

Edited by rdc420
  • Like 3
  • Fire! 1

Where about are you located for them to be so far into flowering? My outdoor plants are still vegging hard here in the South West. Sorry read like my ass again. Cape Town i see. Are those autos?

Looking good bru✌️

Edited by Weskush
  • Like 1

These are semi-autoflowering landrace Sativas that express both THC and CBD. The semi-autoflowering trait causes them to start flowering after about 6 weeks, or if they become root bound, or if they detect that the photoperiod is shortening.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, rdc420 said:

These are semi-autoflowering landrace Sativas that express both THC and CBD. The semi-autoflowering trait causes them to start flowering after about 6 weeks, or if they become root bound, or if they detect that the photoperiod is shortening.

Fast flowering? 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, rdc420 said:

The indoor flowering period is 9 - 11 weeks. However, Sativas can finish faster outdoors.

Thats pretty standard flowering times for a photoperiod. I take it that this is not a fast flowering or auto strain then?

Do you leave them outside permanently or introduce a dark cycle indoors/tarp to get them to flower so early? Normally outdoor photoperiods will only start flowering round about about this time of the year.

• Like 1

I was also gona ask about the bark... 🤔

The reason they're flowering now is beause the biodynamics, seasons and lunar cycle all being out of whack making plants do crazy things. Outdoor plants are heavily influenced by seasonal conditions and what we a humans call "seasons" have moved on, but the weather and conditions haven't changed as such, you can track this by keeping track of daylight hours in you area aswell as weather conditions. all these changes took place over the last few years, yet the moon still does what it always did, the calendar does what it always did, we call each month by it's name like we always did, but conditions change. the plant doesn't know what month it is, it just responds to conditions. so we can't expect plants to be growing like they should in January, just because it's January. that concept is a thing of the past.

got a buddy in Stellenbosch pushing his second outdoor batch for the outdoor season. he took clones out Aug 2021 and finished them in Dec, put a new batch out in late Dec and will be finishing up next month. nothing extra, he's on a farm and his plants are dead on out in the open getting as much sun as possible. all photoperiods of different strains. all deep in flower. 

1 hour ago, rdc420 said:

Sativas can finish faster outdoors.

this is very new to me, never heard this before... I will be researching this. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Weskush said:

I take it that this is not a fast flowering or auto strain then?

These are autos that work a little different because the autoflower trait didn't come from Ruderalis.

13 minutes ago, Ill_Evan said:

That's a crazy amount of bark in the first few pictures.

There's a layer of wood chips above the soil in all my pots. I also added a bunch of pine leaves on top of the wood chips to further increase the moisture retention in the containers. When I top-dress (e.g., guano/compost) I add that below the wood chips.

• Like 1

Sorry to hijack your thread @rdc420 but there's something that i need some answers to from the forum members in the know. 

After my post of my broad DP leaf it was concluded that it was not a pure landrace strain and most probably crossed with Afghani or Skunk or whatever down the line. I get that. 

But with this strain the description is exactly the same as with my DP although it was classified as a pure Sativa also. The hunt for a pure Sativa seems like a dead end.

23038789-071D-4F17-BAF3-AC4C68C4FD69.jpeg

• Like 1

@Weskush, I've come to realize that most/many modern popular strains are not pure sativa because breeders try to reduce the long flowering period. Also: Dutch Passion's website claims that Durban Poison is a "Durban X Unknown Indica".

ACE seeds is a trusted breeder that has many pure sativa lines.

• Like 2