Stems, Straws or Sticks?

The_StonedTrooper

Hey Fam,

@Pantsplant had me thinking, the one that has gotten attacked and a ring to the stem made.

Now, if that normally effects trees and the likes, but wouldnt probably effect Cannabis the same way, made me think of the grows I've had, and how this matters?

Over the years, I have grown in a few mediums, and different variations of media. 

Experienced, stems that are like bamboo and hollow, like a straw. Then had stems that have been as hard and dense, as a young pine tree.

Would that different stem, make a difference?

Out of curiosity, who grows in what, and how do your stems look.

Bless🤜🤛

20210824_184933-03.thumb.jpeg.2b3dc10fc5627a5efbe55d587c796409.jpeg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, The_StonedTrooper said:

Hey Fam,

@Pantsplant had me thinking, the one that has gotten attacked and a ring to the stem made.

Now, if that normally effects trees and the likes, but wouldnt probably effect Cannabis the same way, made me think of the grows I've had, and how this matters?

Over the years, I have grown in a few mediums, and different variations of media. 

Experienced, stems that are like bamboo and hollow, like a straw. Then had stems that have been as hard and dense, as a young pine tree.

Would that different stem, make a difference?

Out of curiosity, who grows in what, and how do your stems look.

Bless🤜🤛

20210824_184933-03.thumb.jpeg.2b3dc10fc5627a5efbe55d587c796409.jpeg

I have seen solid stems and hollow stems, could just be cultivars but I watched a podcast and an agronomist commented on it, and he said somewhere along the line nutritional integrity is being lost and the plants growth is being hindered. For cannabis specifically. 

Not sure how true this is though. But it kind of makes sense. 

• Like 2

fresh aggressive growth on weed most often has hollow stems, which become filled and hard over time as the plants grow.

slow growth normally skips the hollow stem stage and grows solid from the get go...

you want to aim for the first example

• Like 2