Greetings

Noob1903

Hi guys

Hoping for an opportunity to learn from the gurus!

Been growing for a few months. I converted a garden shed into a grow room.

Built my new 2nd shed and fitted out the internals after a lot of lessons learnt from mistakes with shed 1.

Learning every day but struggling with WPM (I suspect set up issues)

New shed:

Timber structure

Sealed top to bottom

Rockwool cavity batts in walls

Drywall

Chipboard

2x Samsung 220W LED’S

8x LED T5’s

8” Extraction Fan

2x 6” active intake

6” Carbon Filter

4x 300mm Oscillating fans

2x RAM 180mm fans

2x 230mm floor standing oscillating fans

1x Meaco 12L Humidifier

1x Jetair 9000 BTU Aircon

I recently messed up timing with a perpetual grow & landed up having to flip to flower in the new shed. Long story short, leaves are all over each other and a most likely cause of the current PM issue (beginning stage)

Does anyone have any proven method of 1. Stopping PM in progress. 2, changes they made to the environment to prevent PM?

Sorry for the lengthy post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Hi

Room is 2x2 roughly

Room is sealed decently although door let’s a bit of air in, minor though

I really went to town with sealing as I was worried about Aphids, Spider mites etc.

I think I am not drawing enough air out. I did seal all openings into walls with pantyhose as well as other things. Maybe I’m blocking the outlet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Noob1903 said:

Does anyone have any proven method of 1. Stopping PM in progress. 2, changes they made to the environment to prevent PM?

Prevention is better than cure,

Keep spraying regularly, using a IPM and one of the methods. 

Airflow, in and out, and around inside. You seem to have that sorted. But even with that, you must keep the PM at bay, with your IPM. 

Lowering your RH will help, but not foolproof enough. 

Spray the stem too when you do, as most forget and only do the leaves, which can be a losing fight. 

• Like 1

Thanks

My phone died so apologies for not replying

Been using H2O2 spray (14ml per Liter of 50%) every time i see any PM and full drench (pull plants outside) every 4 days or so.

What preventative measures do you guys take?

Wow, that's a nice room man!!! 

🤘

plants looking healthy and everything in order, not that it means much coming from me, a beginner myself lol 

my IPM is just a weekly bioneem treatment in veg (all outdoor plants full dose before night time, indoor plants half dose till 3/4 weeks before flower then full dose) during flower I do nothing. 

oh and as a rule of thumb, I topdress with diatomaceous earth once a month to help keep unwanted soil dwellers at bay. 

following this simple easy and full organic regime has kept my garden (all of it, even ornamentals) I would say around 70 to 80% pest and disease free. 

on occasion spider mites and wooly aphids will show up between the ferns and shrubbery elsewhere in the garden, for those occasions I keep Pyrol on hand, do a weekly treatment at 3/4's dose till infestation is gone. 

the bioneem is especialy helpfull outdoors as you still want bugs around your garden and neem has no effect on bugs. it changes how the plant tastes to the bugs, so only the ones chowing your plant (unwanted bugs) will be detered. while the ones who pollenate and keep the diversity alive won't be affected. 

Thanks bud

I built it during lockdown. Still trying to figure out the correct environment to reduce chances of PM. I run aircon on Dry mode (20 degrees) and small dehumidifier runs continuously. Temps vary about 5 degrees (20 - 16) but will install a panel heater to close that gap. RH is 40 high and 30 low

Just now, Noob1903 said:

Thanks bud

I built it during lockdown. Still trying to figure out the correct environment to reduce chances of PM. I run aircon on Dry mode (20 degrees) and small dehumidifier runs continuously. Temps vary about 5 degrees (20 - 16) but will install a panel heater to close that gap. RH is 40 high and 30 low

Looks like a beast of a grow room, getting the airflow right is quite tricky and if PM pops up, then you know there is just too much stagnant air somewhere. Then also another thing contributing to PM is plants not having enough CO2. Thus the need to bring new fresh air from outside in and Exhausting the hot air at the top of the grow space. 

How is the intake and exhaust? I managed to keep PM at bay without having a proper exhaust, and just re-cycling the air in the garage(in and out of the tent). I was not ready to break down walls and still doing good with out the destruction. If you have a proper exhaust and intake, your plants should have adequate CO2 if not, get a 5 Gal bucket, fill it 1/3 with warm water, completely dissolve 4 Cups of sugar in it. Then drill a small hole in the top, once you ready to place it in the space put 2 tablespoons of brewers yeast, don't stir, just drop it in (its a weekly thing) not super costly and will give you CO2 ppms around 1500 - 1800 in the space. 

2 minutes ago, ORGANinc. said:

Looks like a beast of a grow room, getting the airflow right is quite tricky and if PM pops up, then you know there is just too much stagnant air somewhere. Then also another thing contributing to PM is plants not having enough CO2. Thus the need to bring new fresh air from outside in and Exhausting the hot air at the top of the grow space. 

How is the intake and exhaust? I managed to keep PM at bay without having a proper exhaust, and just re-cycling the air in the garage(in and out of the tent). I was not ready to break down walls and still doing good with out the destruction. If you have a proper exhaust and intake, your plants should have adequate CO2 if not, get a 5 Gal bucket, fill it 1/3 with warm water, completely dissolve 4 Cups of sugar in it. Then drill a small hole in the top, once you ready to place it in the space put 2 tablespoons of brewers yeast, don't stir, just drop it in (its a weekly thing) not super costly and will give you CO2 ppms around 1500 - 1800 in the space. 

Thanks. I have a 8" extraction coupled with 6" Carbon filter at the top of the room. I have 2 x 6" duct fans drawing air into the room.

Would CO2 not be useless in a traditional grow room as you are venting the CO2 out (via extraction)? I could alter the room design and block off the 2x duct fans and block off the extraction?

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, ORGANinc. said:

Apologies, I see you have all the extraction setup in place, is everything in the best place to achieve highest functionality?

extraction at the top, 2 x active intakes below

Fans are located above canopy (2x) blowing into canopy (4x) and on the ground (2x)

2 minutes ago, ORGANinc. said:

Are the plants in the corners more susceptible? 

Only other thing I can think is nutrition, how do the girls get fed?

There are lots of good foliar bug you can use that will combat PM, many of the bacillus species, I use them when I remember, before flower. But I have not flowered in this beautiful weather as yet