Cannabis and allergies or reactions

PsyCLown

Soo, something which I thought of and was curious to get some feedback from everyone else.

I suffer from allergies at times, since I have moved over to dry trimming I find that when I trim my body really hates it. I sneeze a lot, runny nose, eyes get a bit iffy too - popping allergex helps but the allergex seems to be rather short lived and only lasts around 2 to 3 hours. I should probably look into an anti-histamine which lasts a bit longer.

I guess this makes sense as I normally trim, then hold the bud close to my face to inspect better, then trim some more where needed and with dry bud the trichomes do go all over the place and the leaves if dry enough break into smaller pieces and I guess its the same as dust and pollen and all that other good stuff which my body dislikes. lol

Although, I have also heard of people who feel nauseous from the smell of cannabis - be it while growing or dried. Some only with wet / growing cannabis and some only with the dry cannabis. Some get a headache from the smell, or certain cannabis smells. The GF is like this and when I use to wet trim, she could not be in the same room as me.

Also I have heard of some people getting a bit of a rash / skin irritation when working with their plants if they have a t-shirt on and perhaps get some sticky trichomes on them or if they are defoliating and are all up in there with the leaves and such. Not sure what would cause this? Perhaps someone knows and could share with us? 😄 

So just wondering how many of you have similar effects or reactions?

• Like 5

5 hours ago, PsyCLown said:

heard of people who feel nauseous from the smell of cannabis

I have a female friend that's like this. Even if she smells cannabis on my clothes from me trimming she would get nauseous. She doesn't hang around as much, probably because I'm a doos though. 

5 hours ago, PsyCLown said:

heard of some people getting a bit of a rash / skin irritation when working with their plants

I definitely get this. I will sometimes get it even during full flower and my arm brushes past some buds and I get a little rosin on me. Thinking about it, it's been getting less and less. I wonder if the skin eventually develops a tolerance of it's own against rashing up. 

I have been very fortunate to not get the sniffles when harvesting. Sniffle times are usually at the change of seasons though. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, PsyCLown said:

Soo, something which I thought of and was curious to get some feedback from everyone else.

I suffer from allergies at times, since I have moved over to dry trimming I find that when I trim my body really hates it. I sneeze a lot, runny nose, eyes get a bit iffy too - popping allergex helps but the allergex seems to be rather short lived and only lasts around 2 to 3 hours. I should probably look into an anti-histamine which lasts a bit longer.

I guess this makes sense as I normally trim, then hold the bud close to my face to inspect better, then trim some more where needed and with dry bud the trichomes do go all over the place and the leaves if dry enough break into smaller pieces and I guess its the same as dust and pollen and all that other good stuff which my body dislikes. lol

Although, I have also heard of people who feel nauseous from the smell of cannabis - be it while growing or dried. Some only with wet / growing cannabis and some only with the dry cannabis. Some get a headache from the smell, or certain cannabis smells. The GF is like this and when I use to wet trim, she could not be in the same room as me.

Also I have heard of some people getting a bit of a rash / skin irritation when working with their plants if they have a t-shirt on and perhaps get some sticky trichomes on them or if they are defoliating and are all up in there with the leaves and such. Not sure what would cause this? Perhaps someone knows and could share with us? 😄 

So just wondering how many of you have similar effects or reactions?

Ya this is definitely a thing, I have noticed many strains either smoking or just being in contact with have some sort of a ''chilli'' after effect!

Personally, After a smoke of a certain herb, I'll notice some sniffles coming along, nothing drastic. However, being around weed a lot since almost forever, i've been trying to attribute a certain type of reaction to something or other I've been doing. The reaction i'm talking about can appear quite severe, almost like hives covering my entire body, not covering like there is no skin left but many many bumps and humps, super itchie and this all happens in the shortest amount of time, I was prescribed an anti-histamine, teeny tiny blue tablets that look like sweeteners, literally take one and all is better, but this has been going on for ages, and i'm sure its the weeds, just don't want to admit it lol.

Another story worth mentioning, I usually tend to late flowers early in the morning, see if there is anything I need to do as with all of us, and this White widow in particular had a couple of dead leaves, I would obviously pull them every 2-3 days or so, and man after that, I could have sworn I ate a curry or something, SUPER Limonene!!! 

• Like 1

i too experience some side effects when i go home... it is either my cats...or my weed lol.

if i go into my grow with short sleeves and need to take leaves off my flowering ladies, i do tend to get like a mild deep heat sensation on my forarms...i dont go red or blister or get the sniffles, but i do feel a warm sensation.

i like how everyone will rather take something over the counter than give up growing hahaha i love this community

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

Good to know it is not just me and others also experience such effects.

I have had itchy skin a few times after working with my plants, but does not seem to be as common or as much of an issue for me.

@ORGANinc. that chilli feeling or effect is new, never heard of that or experienced it myself.

These side effects / reactions are not going to change the fact that I grow and I will continue to rather pop an allergex or whatever.

Have you guys found anything which works well to combat these effects?

39 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

Good to know it is not just me and others also experience such effects.

I have had itchy skin a few times after working with my plants, but does not seem to be as common or as much of an issue for me.

@ORGANinc. that chilli feeling or effect is new, never heard of that or experienced it myself.

These side effects / reactions are not going to change the fact that I grow and I will continue to rather pop an allergex or whatever.

Have you guys found anything which works well to combat these effects?

Referring to the sniffels as the chilli effect, its not a thing lol. 

• Like 1