EXTREME SPORTS

Wulf

1 hour ago, Ill_Evan said:

Link

Eish that's so jutt 😒

Yeah unfortunately Kelvin probably saw a couple of vids of Dricus doing his thing and decided it best to get injured quickly to avoid going for a 6 out of 7 loss streak. 

Dricus will remain in the USA and train out of Florida for a possible fight in coming weeks.. Let's hope the match makers gets its sorted with a proper match up.

Quick question for our UFC fans - comment with who you have for the following fights...

Volk vs Zombie

Yan vs Sterling Silver (should have never won gold)

Burns vs Smesh Chimaev

Dern vs Torres

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John Stonedwell said:

Yeah unfortunately Kelvin probably saw a couple of vids of Dricus doing his thing and decided it best to get injured quickly to avoid going for a 6 out of 7 loss streak. 

Dricus will remain in the USA and train out of Florida for a possible fight in coming weeks.. Let's hope the match makers gets its sorted with a proper match up.

This card would have just been perfect for Dricus to fight in, lots of eyes and prospects of maybe picking up a few more fans or even sponsors, now he gets nothing this weekend. 

They should punish fighters for pulling out less than a week in advance, it completely prevents an alternative fighter because who in the hell could get ready within a week for a UFC match without having already been training up until that point. It completely screws Dricus over. 

3 hours ago, John Stonedwell said:

Volk vs Zombie

Yan vs Sterling Silver (should have never won gold)

Burns vs Smesh Chimaev

Dern vs Torres

My picks for the wins are;

Volk

Yan

Chimaev 

Dern

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Ill_Evan said:

This card would have just been perfect for Dricus to fight in, lots of eyes and prospects of maybe picking up a few more fans or even sponsors, now he gets nothing this weekend. 

They should punish fighters for pulling out less than a week in advance, it completely prevents an alternative fighter because who in the hell could get ready within a week for a UFC match without having already been training up until that point. It completely screws Dricus over. 

My picks for the wins are;

Volk

Yan

Chimaev 

Dern

Couldn't agree more on both replies. Spot on bro :-thumbsup

Hope you enjoy the fights, we will be watching it live and hoping for smeshing prelims and mains  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Khamzat, what a fight. Been watching him since his early days and I always Blvd he was top 5 quality. This fight was his biggest challenge and I was really hoping he won even tho I had my doubts. What I can say is the man is a killer that can take a beating, I do think he lacks abit of technique in his stand up game but that will come with experience and training (look at how khabib improved his standup game) but it's safe to say that a guy with 4 fights in the ufc and entering the top 5 is unheard of so I'm happy for him, but watching him fight on sat I have to say that I don't think he's ready for the champ. But Atleast now we will know what he's made of, he can take alot from his win. Top 11 beating the 2nd best guy shows the potential this guy has, now he can learn and improve himself, id give him anther 2 fights in the top 5 before giving him a title shot. I honestly blv if he has to fight for the title now unfortunately I don't see him being able to take down Usman but give him anther 2 fights he may get enough experience. I won't be surprised if we looking at the next champ 

Edited by Marzcanna
  • Agree 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/8/2022 at 11:57 AM, Ill_Evan said:

The Namajunas fight was probably the worst championship fight I've ever seen.

The UFC did Oliveira dirty, Dana is becoming a real cock and balls. 

Namajunas' fight was absolute shit. I know there are people posting videos of them falling alseep during the fight. I too fell asleep. Was terrible. 

Really wanted gaethje to win but happy for oliviera. Hes been working at it for very long.

Chandler's kick was next level. Crazy good. Glad tony was OK and checked out of hospital quick quick. The guy is a champ. 

Shitty about cowboy. Fucking tacos. What the hell. I wouldve thought you would eat a planned balanced meal before fighting. Not just tacos because you made weight. Abit stupid. I was really lookong forward to cowboy.

I see theres attempts to get diaz and chimaev. I dont like that. Thats a pure beat down and dont think diaz would survive it. And i love the diaz bros. 

Adesanya vs Cannonier is gonna be epic. If alex perriera beats sean strickland that night, i want to see the izzy fight next. I dont doubt izzy but man I think putting that champ in with someone thats beaten him not once, but twice, would be crazy to just see it happen. Sugarshow and Dricus will both be there. Cant fucking wait!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Grass Baas said:

I see theres attempts to get diaz and chimaev

Seeing as Nick only has one more fight on the contract maybe Dana just wants him to get mega beaten and get lost.

I wouldn't be surprised this is where Dana throws in the final Diaz v McGregor because Chimaev will murder Nick. 

1 hour ago, The Grass Baas said:

Adesanya vs Cannonier is gonna be epic.

This is the next big event I'm really looking forward to, many great fights on the card including Dricus. 

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

I think that professional boxing could also be considered an extreme sport. I'm aware that I'm a bit late with my answer, but I couldn't stop myself from tossing in my 2 cents.
It takes a lot of training and dedication to get into the ring and fight against another skilled opponent. And as you said, one punch can definitely change your life. As for me, I'm also getting into boxing and building a home gym. I recently discovered a heavy bag for apartment living, and I can't wait to add it to my setup. Anyway, thanks for starting this discussion, and good luck with your training!

Edited by LaciShah
  • Like 1