Hps grow lamp.?

Weedomics

Hi guys. Im just wondering if there is a difference between a normal high pressure sodium bulb and a high pressure sodium grow bulb. Just alil confused on the information that I have. Coz I was under the impression that's its the same thing. I'd also like to know what the difference is between a led and  a hps light. 

It's the same thing in the end man... 

The only difference is the glass they use for the bulb may allow extra UV light through it. Not enough to pay a premium for the horti range imo. 

You get dual spectrum bulbs that are more worth while buying, but also pricey... 

Why are you asking about it though? Do you have an existing hps system? Or building one or what? 

• Like 2

I have a 400 Ballasts and I always wanted to know the difference between led and hps. Now I have the ability to put the work to the test. And I want to do the test the right way. At the moment I have the Samsung led glh 3000k led😵😏but we want the best of the best with the test. 

A friend ran his first grow on HPS, got it from a friend for free. Works, they stretch way more on HPS. And need 60 to 90cm distance or you run into problems, the high radiation heat made his plant go foxtail, when he ran out of top space.

Not sure what you want to test... we know HPS works... we know LED works... and LED wins by advantages for home growers... also known 😁

• Agree 1

Well I'm growing outdoor and indoor and my out door is honestly to dam fly not to get high. As I am only a beginner with my second indoor in the oven. I came across the 400w balas. When I went to buy the bulb salse agent told me that there is a normal hps bulb and a brow light hps bulb.  

IMG_20201129_133805.jpg

Edited by Weedomics

10 hours ago, Weedomics said:

Well I'm growing outdoor and indoor and my out door is honestly to dam fly not to get high. As I am only a beginner with my second indoor in the oven. I came across the 400w balas. When I went to buy the bulb salse agent told me that there is a normal hps bulb and a brow light hps bulb.  

IMG_20201129_133805.jpg

Sales agent of the year if he sold you a CFL as a HPS 😂

• Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...

Yo guys what's up. It's been a while. Hope all our Christmas trees are decorated 🎄. So my first bun is in the hps oven. Still got a few up grades to do. But man have I seen a difference in just one day of flower. 🤔However it could alll be in my head. 

Oh and by the way sales agent and I had to exchange some #%*+ words for me to get what I wanted. 😂