CreX

Who uses HID currently?

yo! who uses HID currently and why are you still using it?

im very interested in CMH DE lights, but my word the electricity and heat scares me haha

what are your thoughts guys

• Like 2

I have not used HIDs and do not see much point to it for the home grower - LEDs make more sense I feel.

• Agree 1

if electricity and heat were of no concern, would you still go for LED over HID?

I think a combo of CMH and LED would be killer. Personally the heat would be a plus. Been lucky to get over 20c in my tent this winter running qbs (even cranked up)

Edited by swum
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, swum said:

I think a combo of CMH and LED would be killer. Personally the heat would be a plus. Been lucky to get over 20c in my tent this winter running qbs (even cranked up)

HID can be nice in winter, in summer though - different story with all the heat waves.

• Like 1

I’m using HID at the moment (400w hps) , the only reason I opted for it was because it was a lot cheaper than going the LED way , I’m planning on switching to a COB setup but that would be quite a stiff investment for a hobby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1