Seed Sprout Tea (SST)

Hi fellow grow enthusiasts,

I mixed my super soil 3 weeks ago (first attempt) and all genetics I want for the coming outdoor season are on their way.

Now I can't sit around till the growing season starts, so I did some research on compost teas, etc and found something that was new and quite interesting to me... Has anyone used and made some seed sprout tea? I am planning on trying it this year.

Here's a link for more information on Seed Sprout Tea: https://www.alchimiaweb.com/blogen/seed-sprout-tea-sst-cannabis-plants-ok/

I also would like to know how you guys test your soil mix? I plan on planting a "test plant" and see whether it likes the soil or not (hopefully it does 😉 ). I germinated a bag seed for that purpose, which I will plant into a container with my soil mix in a couple of weeks. Is there any other way to check if all requirements are met?

Thanks in advance for any guidance

• Like 5

You will only really know if there is something missing if your plant shows signs of deficiencies. Or you could have a soil sample tested. But that will be expensive. As long as you have NPK elements in you mix and all the macro and micro elements. 

Back to SST. I use alfalfa sprouts and mung bean sprouts. To do my teas. Also malted barley teas. 

Good Luck.

PS send me a list of your amendments the I can see if you missed something in the soil mix 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sprout teas are great! Full of amino acids and vital growing blocks for all types of plants! 

Another tea to consider is your bokashi teas, which are anaerobic teas. 

And then you get your aerobic teas with oxygen consuming microbes and fungi. 

Check my signature out for my teas thread! I should actually add onto it sometime... Need to redesign my vortex brewer

• Like 2

@CreXjeah I think I saw your vortex already which looks quite neat! But my budget doesn't really allow me to purchase the pump which is why I might settle for a basic 'bubbler in the bucket' system. Eventually I will build a vortex though.

And thanks for the feedback on the sprout tea. I guess I'll also use it for my other veggies.

I'll check your thread now.

• Like 1

This will be the plant I will test my soil on. It's an Inzane in the membrane cross with a mistery strain. Don't know how it got pollinated... Maybe my neighbour doesn't know how to identify males. Let's she how she'll take it.

DSC_0073.JPG

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Aweh fellow growers.

Thought I'd add onto this existing SST thread, but with a ''How do you do it'' request for the newer members if possible.(feel free to comment)

This is my version of a veg SST

1. Germed 25ml Mung and 25ml Red Adzuki beans in a icecream tub on my media player(consistant 24deg C) between moist paper towel layers.

2. Blitzed them in the blender with some molasses untill smooth and frothy. (Think you could add Seagrow/Nitro solution here as well)

3. Diluted and mixed with 15lt rain water for application today.

Previous applications went down well, plants seem to respond well.

For flower I substitute the Mung beans with Maize/Mielies.

What do you do?

20200815_142545.jpg

20200815_153814.jpg

20200815_154018.jpg

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
3 hours ago, Stefan said:

@SkunkPharm @Bos @FridgeDoes anyone of you know where I can buy sweetcorn kernels and malted barley in Cape Town to make seed sprout tea. My plants are in the first week of flower and would like to add some amino acids to increase the uptake of nutrients 

Any beer shop will sell malted barley. I buy from Beerguevara in woodstock. Miellies you can buy from any petshop.

• Thanks 1

I gave my plants it’s first SST yesterday and they all look like it was well received. 

I did however, have white residue on some of the leaves(hand pour the tea) that made me worry whether I had powdery mildew but after proper inspection, the areas that have this white residue on it was situated where  water could be collected by the leaves  .eg. Where the stem meets the leaf and in the groves of the leaves. it look more like white paint or baby powder than fungi looking and came off the leaves quite easy. 

I plucked those leaves just in case but threw them away so don’t have any pics to show.

51898858-CE46-4F00-8882-220132E32A67.jpeg

• Like 1